The Student Room Group

Goals for 2015?

- I am 170 pounds at 5ft10 , keep bulking until the back end of the year. Bulk through summer. Will be worth it in the end.
- As above, pack on slabs of muscle.
- Keep injury free.
- Conquer 100+kg Bench Press for sets and reps.
- Conquer three plates + on squat for sets and reps.
- Set myself up for 2016, where I will hopefully reach something resembling Greek God aesthetics after my big cut.
- Never stop being hungry.

A real life Greek God for reference purposes:

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

To reach my ideal weight, get a flat stomach (where u can actually see some abs) and to curb my junk food addiction. Its not really that mucg of an addiction anymore as I can go days without craving junk food but I just need to work on self-discipline and say no (unless i really, really want it) and just eat more healthy stuff
mine are all pretty much running related:
- 8 Cornwall GP races
- sub 1:10 10k
- sub 30 5k (I've done this once)
- sub 3 hour half marathon
- Top 140 (I was 143) in overall female Cornwall GP standings
- Top 25 (I was 28) in under 35 female Cornwall GP standings
- constant 10 minute miles
- more miles than this year (on track for 500)
- more swimming!

It would be nice to stay injury free; but given my record of falling over at least once every year, I can't see this happening. :rolleyes:
220kg squat
180kg bench
300kg deadlift
100kg OHP
Reply 4
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
220kg squat
180kg bench
300kg deadlift
100kg OHP

Someones had their Scooby snacks!

Reply 5
180kg squat
240kg deadlift
120kg bench
Reply 6
Medal at nationals in March (ambitious, but need these kinds of goals).

-To get a medal I reckon will need at least 63kg snatch and at least 77kg c&j = 140kg total in 75kg class. Strength-wise this is within reach, it just needs to work technically on the day.

Remain injury-free.

At least 115kg back squat.

At least 95kg front squat.
To lift for more than 3 months with no injury hampering my plan

Big ask, but it'd be nice
Reach my goal weight of 122lbs
Run my first half marathon
Half marathon sub 2hrs
100 kg squat
Healthier relationship with food- cut out 'binge eating' episodes
Booty

That's all I can think of right now, Started my fitness journey as a New Years resolution this year and am really happy with how far I've come in that time, excited to see how far I can go this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Bit early to be sure yet, I'll probably use xmas as a rest week then max out, consider against 2014 goals and go from there.

Weight wise I want to get leaner to make space for more bulk but not setting any specific numbers, will go by eyes
I'd like to deadlift 180 but not at the expense of my back
I think my end of year bench will be 110ish so maybe 125
I think my front squat should progress much faster than it has been so maybe 140
You guys all sound so sporty, jealous ;( I just want to eat more healthily and note at anymore junk food 😏
TO RUN!!! :ahee:

Consistently. :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Recovering from anorexia at the moment (7 months off training from February - September this year, and 5 months in hospital from April - September with pretty much no exercise at all besides walking to places...), so goals won't be too intense, but:

Keep training regularly, build up to doing more again if possible. Eat enough to have energy at training and to build up confidence with sparring again, and hopefully compete again next year. My last fight was in October 2013, so it would be nice to get back in the ring again.
Start swimming regularly again next year
At least a 20-30 min walk daily, just to get out of the house and improve my mood
And I want to be able to balance on my hands, so try and work on that...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Liv1204
Recovering from anorexia at the moment (7 months off training from February - September this year, and 5 months in hospital from April - September with pretty much no exercise at all besides walking to places...), so goals won't be too intense, but:

Keep training regularly, build up to doing more again if possible. Eat enough to have energy at training and to build up confidence with sparring again, and hopefully compete again next year. My last fight was in October 2014, so it would be nice to get back in the ring again.
Start swimming regularly again next year
At least a 20-30 min walk daily, just to get out of the house and improve my mood
And I want to be able to balance on my hands, so try and work on that...

I wish you well, keep the faith.
Original post by Tom_Ford
I wish you well, keep the faith.

Thanks, much appreciated. :smile:
Hard to know what sensible goals would be. Almost more keen for aesthetics right now.

That said, I'll be sad if I'm not at 200kg squat, 240kg deadlift and 110kg bench this time next year.
Reply 16
Original post by illusionz
Hard to know what sensible goals would be. Almost more keen for aesthetics right now.

That said, I'll be sad if I'm not at 200kg squat, 240kg deadlift and 110kg bench this time next year.

What type of programme do you prefer? Bodybuilding split or classic powerlifting routine? (e.g. Rippetoes, Wendler type of thing)
I'm surprised at how many goals are sport/gym related and not academic related. Did something happen to TSR? :hmmm:
To not give up lifting - this is the main one. It's easy to give it up as there's always other things I could be doing, so this is an important goal

to squat 3 plates for reps (highly dependent on my chronic knee injury) and bench press 120kg

To lost 3-6lbs of fat
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
I'm surprised at how many goals are sport/gym related and not academic related. Did something happen to TSR? :hmmm:

Because we're in the bloody fitness section ya noob :wink:.

End of 2015?

Would be delighted with

Incline bench- 100kg*5
OHP- 75kg*5
Chinups- BW+55kg *5

Which transpires to be about 1.5kg/month gain on the OHP, 1.85kg/month on the incline bench and 1.35kg/month on the weighted chinups (more in reality since my BW will have to increase)...Sounds doable...especially the chinups!

To increase my dead as much as possible without aggravating my back.
And squat 3 plates finally I guess? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest