The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4000
Original post by Chestnut17
This is from an old post and was taken from RVC website but they don't seem to have the information anywhere now:
In 2012, according to their website, they had 1253 applicants, gave 511 interviews and made 345 offers. Probably because they are one of the biggest vet schools, they do seem to have pretty good odds.

In 2013 they gave out the numbers on the day on a printed sheet. The chance of an offer (having made the interview stage) was just under 50%
The top 15% got an offer on the final Friday of January and the bottom 20% were rejected that day too
The rest of the offers came out during the week of February 10th, which was a Monday
(a few people doing the intercalation got it much later)

Hope this helps guys. Well done to all those with interviews. Do loads of preparation, it really helps, you can work out most of the questions
The people who interview you are very nice but they are after quite a high standard of answer
RVC interview in the 18th. Any ideas for interview questions?
Original post by D of T
In 2013 they gave out the numbers on the day on a printed sheet...

Thanks a lot, that's really helpful :smile:

At RVC on Tour in Enfield this year I'm pretty sure that it was said that they wanted to have given out offers by Christmas, but that seems extremely ambitious now so I assume I misheard/there was a change of plan :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how many people are interviewed by Edinburgh, and then how many people from this pool are accepted??
Original post by KatyL88
Me too! What dates have you got your interviews for?
Does anyone know the interview style for RVC, is it the same as the undergrad?

I'm studying Biomedicine at UEA, what are you studying?
Very excited to become part of this forum!!

Welcome to the forum! :smile: My RVC interview is on the 15th of December and my Surrey interview is on the 10th. I'm still at the excited stage but i know the nerves will kick in eventually, probably :tongue: I'm studying Bioveterinary Science at Hartpury College (UWE)
where have you applied to? have you got any other interviews?
Original post by Charlesh
Hi guys, I've just got an RVC interview offer for the 10th of December but this clashes with my Bristol vet interview, i've emailed back saying I would be unavailable that day but now im worried, how likely is it they'll reschedule my date?
I'm so shocked though i thought i'd messed up the RVC application weeks ago by missing the work exp log deadline by 2 days and i only got 4.6 4.6 3A on the BMAT

Don't worry about rescheduling. I have an exam on the date they initially invited me so I emailed them about it (along with a list of my other exam/interview days) and they offered me a different day which I could make. I wouldn't worry :smile:
Reply 4006
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Thanks a lot, that's really helpful :smile:

At RVC on Tour in Enfield this year I'm pretty sure that it was said that they wanted to have given out offers by Christmas, but that seems extremely ambitious now so I assume I misheard/there was a change of plan :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

They may do but of course there aren't many working days between the 18th and Christmas. Deciding about the borderline people might take some time

This would be completely different to last year but of course they have scores from the 6 tables (and group session) at the end of each day so it would be possible

Waiting to hear is really hard and so distracting
I just had a scary thought, how much of my sense of humour can I show in my interview? I tend to pride myself on having a pretty good sense of humour but now i'm worried that the interviewers will think i'm not serious about being a vet. I don't want to come across as unprofessional, but then again I don't want to seem like I don't have a personality either. :confused:
Or am i just over-thinking everything?
Reply 4008
Original post by VETwannabe
I just had a scary thought, how much of my sense of humour can I show in my interview? I tend to pride myself on having a pretty good sense of humour but now i'm worried that the interviewers will think i'm not serious about being a vet. I don't want to come across as unprofessional, but then again I don't want to seem like I don't have a personality either. :confused:
Or am i just over-thinking everything?

Be yourself, be professional and relax! that's the way i'm going into it! i'm really nervous about it but a lot of preparation will give me some confidence and i'm sure they'll want us to be ourselves as much as they want us to be professional
Original post by hellos
Be yourself, be professional and relax! that's the way i'm going into it! i'm really nervous about it but a lot of preparation will give me some confidence and i'm sure they'll want us to be ourselves as much as they want us to be professional

Thanks, I think I can just about balance awesomeness and professionalism :tongue:
Also, how are you preparing? I'm going to learn my personal statement/work experience form inside out and get myself up to date on all the current hot topics.
Reply 4010
Original post by VETwannabe
Thanks, I think I can just about balance awesomeness and professionalism :tongue:
Also, how are you preparing? I'm going to learn my personal statement/work experience form inside out and get myself up to date on all the current hot topics.

i'm ripping apart my personal statement and brushing up on all i've said, going to brush up on current issues, look for current issues related to the stations, practice with people on things they could possibly ask based on the station names and my personal statement and get people to rate my answers. i'm very very determined to get an offer!
Hi y'all. Just wondering if anyone on the first Bristol interview date has heard anything back yet? Congrats to everyone with an RVC interview btw :smile:
Original post by hellos
i'm ripping apart my personal statement and brushing up on all i've said, going to brush up on current issues, look for current issues related to the stations, practice with people on things they could possibly ask based on the station names and my personal statement and get people to rate my answers. i'm very very determined to get an offer!

Sounds good to me. Ripping apart sounds cruel though... I'm gonna go with: ANNIHILATE!! There'll be no evidence left of my personal statement once i'm done with it haha! Good luck with your interview :smile:
Has anyone not heard from RVC yet..? :frown:
Original post by Charlottex321
Has anyone not heard from RVC yet..? :frown:

Me, hanging on in there :smile:
Original post by Georgie14

Best of luck! I wonder what proportion of their total number of interviews they've given out so far...
Original post by Charlottex321
Best of luck! I wonder what proportion of their total number of interviews they've given out so far...

Thanks, best of luck to you too! Hopefully not all of them haha, I don't think we're the only ones, theres been a few on here looking anxious on friday evening/saturday morning. But I think the idea of even getting an interview at all seemed a dream a few months ago so it'll all be fine :smile:
Thanks, best of luck to you too! Hopefully not all of them haha, I don't think we're the only ones, theres been a few on here looking anxious on friday evening/saturday morning. But I think the idea of even getting an interview at all seemed a dream a few months ago so it'll all be fine :smile:

True! It's so difficult trying to prepare for interviews when you don't know if you have one though!
Has anyone heard from Nottingham, Surrey, Liverpool or Bristol that's an undergrad?

Me too! Still hopeful I'll get an interview this week :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending