The Student Room Group

''flopped'' medical interview but still got an offer experiences

Recently had an interview and couldn't answer one of the questions at all, gave one liners to many of the answers, spoke really fast and didn't really answer 1/2 of the questions correctly :frown:

Has anyone experienced an interview were they thought they done really badly but still got an offer?
IF that's what really happened then you'll probably won't get in...one liners? really? it's your time to shine, would have been better to ramble on and on...

in my experience, i had kings and sort of half answered 2 questions and still got an offer.
Reply 2
Original post by Cold Phoenix
IF that's what really happened then you'll probably won't get in...one liners? really? it's your time to shine, would have been better to ramble on and on...

in my experience, i had kings and sort of half answered 2 questions and still got an offer.

I had it all in my brain and revised for it but I just forgot to mention it all...
Did you have a some really good moments in the interview? congrats..

:frown:
Original post by games211
I had it all in my brain and revised for it but I just forgot to mention it all...
Did you have a some really good moments in the interview? congrats..

:frown:

yeah the thing is to not revise too much or prepare too much otherwise you'll just either forget it due to the pressure or come across as a robot if you say it word by word

next time, prepare well, jot down bullet points and expand on them IN YOUR OWN WORDS

yeah i did well on the ethical Q and why med and curent health issues etc

hopefully you'll get another interview
Original post by Cold Phoenix
yeah the thing is to not revise too much or prepare too much otherwise you'll just either forget it due to the pressure or come across as a robot if you say it word by word

next time, prepare well, jot down bullet points and expand on them IN YOUR OWN WORDS

yeah i did well on the ethical Q and why med and curent health issues etc

hopefully you'll get another interview

Looking back I had prepared some of my answers to the obvious questions so much that I probably did sound like a robot but I still got in, so I think its ok to reherse answers, just don't make mistakes. They can't reject you for "thinking" that your answers are rehearsed, because well they never know for sure themselves and so what if they are rehearsed?
Original post by Okorange
Looking back I had prepared some of my answers to the obvious questions so much that I probably did sound like a robot but I still got in, so I think its ok to reherse answers, just don't make mistakes. They can't reject you for "thinking" that your answers are rehearsed, because well they never know for sure themselves and so what if they are rehearsed?

yeah I did rehearse a few keywords and a line or too but I didn't over do it. If you're gonna rehearse it, then show that you're not by using body language

anyways we're both in lol
Reply 6
bump
There is nothing wrong with being prepared and rehearsed - but some people don't seem realise what that really means.
Interviews arn't all about knowing a correct answer, its about how to approach trying to answer.

Also, blaming poor interview performance on "over-rehearsal" is just nonsense. If you did badly, its more likely that you were confused as to what to say, when, in what sequence and how.
IMO, that is what you need to improve on - and quick
Original post by games211
Recently had an interview and couldn't answer one of the questions at all, gave one liners to many of the answers, spoke really fast and didn't really answer 1/2 of the questions correctly :frown:

Has anyone experienced an interview were they thought they done really badly but still got an offer?

U talking about the plymouth one? (saw your post in the applicants fourm)...

I also messed it up i think but trouble is i answered questions before they had been asked in the ethical scenatio bit....thus ended up repeating myselt in the actual questions....i prepared a lot but some of the questions stumped me because they were bloody vague and fiddly.....so i did not sound fluent....

If i got rejected i would know why...but its 50/50 probably....

Quick Reply