The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Upturnedread4
Has anyone heard from Nottingham, Surrey, Liverpool or Bristol that's an undergrad?

I've got interview from Surrey and Bristol. :biggrin: Haven't heard from Nottingham, but I think they do things a bit later on. Haven't applied to Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What else do we need to make sure we know about for interviews, other than vaccinations? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alwaysalex
I've had three interview invites by email and nothing update on track. Maybe track only updates for offers and rejections?

Not true, interviews can sometimes be seen on track.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4023
Original post by Siobhanwilsonn
Has anybody recieved an interview from RVC for the 17th December at 9.15am? Everyone else seems to be on other days!

I have!! Well done on getting an interview :clap2: x
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
AS really doesn't matter mate (provided that you can still get As at A2, even if that's with retakes). (EDIT: Nope, listen to ABC05, she knows more than I do :yep: . I didn't apply to Notts so I didn't realise that they take AS grades into account, apologies) As long as your predictions were solid you'll be fine. My third A was in physics, which was a surprise given that they decided to make the mechanics exam about flippin' ostriches and dinosaurs :lol:.

I also applied to Bristol and have heard nothing back other than the acknowledgement email and another email to say that they're still considering me. I did hear on the grapevine that they wanted to get back to everybody within 5 weeks, but I can't find a source so I can't vouch for how true that is. There are still a lot of people that haven't heard anything, anyway. To be honest I thought that Bristol was going to be the place where I had least chance of getting in due to the heavy weighting they place on personal statements (hurray for me doing no essay subjects and having the vocabulary of an infant :wink: ), so I'm not at all surprised, but there's still hope. No news is good news!

yeah me too on the essay subjects thought it was a miracle that i got a 2 at standard grade english
Original post by Lochender
yeah me too on the essay subjects thought it was a miracle that i got a 2 at standard grade english

I got an A in English literature and English language by some miracle :') (especially considering that I turned up late to the exam and then sat in my friend's place by accident :lol: ) My last English lesson was a joyous day. Languages really aren't my forte :wink:
I assumed it was a calculation but I guess it wouldn't hurt to at least know the Cascade and other basic stuff :smile:

Yeh thats what I was thinking. Know of any places with practice calculations? Been searching around but the practice questions I'm finding are really really basic things!
Original post by Upturnedread4
Has anyone heard from Nottingham, Surrey, Liverpool or Bristol that's an undergrad?

People have been hearing about interview from Bristol and Surrey. Nothing from Nottingham yet, and I think all Liverpool has done is sent out the work experience forms.
Original post by evian.
Yeh thats what I was thinking. Know of any places with practice calculations? Been searching around but the practice questions I'm finding are really really basic things!

Well to be honest as far as I can tell calculating dosage volumes is pretty basic (famous last words haha :wink: ). Usually it's just dosage x animal's mass in kg / concentration of drug.

Maybe try looking up practice calculations for trainee doctors, that will be the same concept and there will probably be more of them available.
(edited 9 years ago)
RVC interview 9.15 on the 18th anyone? :biggrin:
:five: Woo, that's the same as mine, see you there!

How come you never got your results? Did your test centre not give you your PIN?

woop woop!! :banana:
i didn't get any sort of email or letter, so i just emailed my school and got my results today... just below average, but considering i had no help from anyone to revise and i've never done anything like it before, I quite happy :biggrin: how did you do?
Original post by indianajones96
woop woop!! :banana:
i didn't get any sort of email or letter, so i just emailed my school and got my results today... just below average, but considering i had no help from anyone to revise and i've never done anything like it before, I quite happy :biggrin: how did you do?

I was in the same position, according to the RVC my school is one of the contextual flag schools and nobody has any experience of vetty apps. In the end I look a couple of days off of school the days before the exam because nobody there could be of much help. I got 5.4, 4.9 and 4A which isn't brilliant but it got me an interview so not to worry :tongue:
Original post by Islasummer2
Hi everyone, well done to all with interviews.

I have also been looking for books on vet school interviews but cannot find any other than the generic 'getting into vet school guide' which does have a small section on interviews. I have seen ones on medicine interviews, would these be of any use?

Many thanks

Hey, i've recently bought a book by Chris Shivelton Queen about vet school interviews (it's called 'Vet School, Part two'). I've only got through a few chapters but so far it's really good. There's loads of advice on how to prepare for interviews, from how to dress, to body language. There's also examples of interview questions and how to answer them. I think if you want to get any book, then this one is a good bet :smile: here's a link to it: http://vetschoolsuccess.com/shop/vet-school-part-two/
Original post by Georgie14
I think this is the case for most unis, however Glasgow for me sent out their interview on Track first, so it went through UCAS rather than direct email.

Weird. Glasgow didn't send me through Track, only email :/
This is quite a handy post when preparing for interviews: http://charlotte-harris.net/vet-school-interviews/
Original post by Alex15
...for notts interviews there will be a dog in the room you're interviewed in, and if you don't greet it they may mark you down for it...

Wow, that's good info to know. Thanks for that!

Original post by Alex15
This is quite a handy post when preparing for interviews: http://charlotte-harris.net/vet-school-interviews/

Thank you! Interview in three weeks, so frantically reading all the material I can get to :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by possiblevet
Wow, that's good info to know. Thanks for that!

Thank you! Interview in three weeks, so frantically reading all the material I can get to :smile:

No problem, I haven't got an interview yet but it's still useful!
Hi. Are you a first time applicant? Am wondering if the unis are interviewing reapplicants or year out students in first batches?
Original post by Theasel
Hi. Are you a first time applicant? Am wondering if the unis are interviewing reapplicants or year out students in first batches?

Yeah I'm a first time applicant! Maybe, I'm just hoping to get an interview this week :smile:
Original post by Melinda04
RVC interview 9.15 on the 18th anyone? :biggrin:

Meeeee!!! Same!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending