The Student Room Group

International students applying to the uk 😸

Hello everybody!

I have been like crazy cheecking all the forums of applicants applying for courses starting next September (2015) but I have noticed is almost impossible to find a forum where internationals post theur experiences!!

Feel free to share ☺️☺️🔜🇬🇧

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by bealln17
Hello everybody!

I have been like crazy cheecking all the forums of applicants applying for courses starting next September (2015) but I have noticed is almost impossible to find a forum where internationals post theur experiences!!

Feel free to share ☺️☺️🔜🇬🇧

Where you from? What course are you applying for?
Reply 2
Ill be the first one!

I am Bea, Im 17 years old and I come from the Canary Islands. In Spain :smile:

I have applied to Engineering at Oxford, Design and Mechanical Engineering at Imperial, Design Engineering at Bristol and Mechanical Engineering with a year abroad at the UCL.

I do a Dual Diploma with both the Spanish Baccaluerate and the American High School. Last year I got nine 10 and a 9 in physics so I had an average of 9.88/10 on my first year and 95/% 96% and 97% in my American subjects :smile:)
Reply 3
Original post by jadys10
Where you from? What course are you applying for?

Ive just answer on the forum :smile:
Ill be the first one!

I am Bea, Im 17 years old and I come from the Canary Islands. In Spain :smile:

I have applied to Engineering at Oxford, Design and Mechanical Engineering at Imperial, Design Engineering at Bristol and Mechanical Engineering with a year abroad at the UCL.

I do a Dual Diploma with both the Spanish Baccaluerate and the American High School. Last year I got nine 10 and a 9 in physics so I had an average of 9.88/10 on my first year and 95/% 96% and 97% in my American subjects :smile:)

Juramelo! Yo soy de Gran Canaria! de que isla eres?
That cat head in the thread title is really scary! 😱
Reply 6
Original post by Omni Vanitas
Juramelo! Yo soy de Gran Canaria! de que isla eres?

De gran canaria también! cómo te llamas? A dónde has aplicado??
De gran canaria también! cómo te llamas? A dónde has aplicado??

Me llamo Bryn, tengo 16 años, con lo cual no hago apply a universidades este año. estudio música,español,francés e ingles en el británico. quiero estudiar música en oxford y si no puedo, estudiare en alemania. Jajaja que guay que encuentro alguien de gran canaria por aquí
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi Bea :smile:
I'm Rebecca, I'm 19 and I'm from Germany. I've already finished school (I'm on a gap year) and two weeks ago I applied to Psychology at Edinburgh, Dundee and Strathclyde, to Psychology with Forensic Science at Heriot-Watt and to Neuroscience with Psychology at Aberdeen.
Reply 9
Original post by thatitootoo
That cat head in the thread title is really scary! 😱

Hahaha its because Spanish are fierce, we fight for what we want :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by Omni Vanitas
Me llamo Bryn, tengo 16 años, con lo cual no hago apply a universidades este año. estudio música,español,francés e ingles en el británico. quiero estudiar música en oxford y si no puedo, estudiare en alemania. Jajaja que guay que encuentro alguien de gran canaria por aquí

Hola Bryn, que guay! Oxford es una pasada y Alemania tb :smile: Que intrumento tocas? Mucha suerte
(edited 9 years ago)
Hola Bryn, que guay! Oxford es una pasada y Alemania tb :smile: Que intrumento tocas? Mucha suerte

No, bryn*, es un nombre Galés ;D Toco el oboe. que tengas suerte tu tmb! sueño con ir a oxford :wink:
Hello everybody!

Feel free to share ☺️☺️������������������

Hey! Thanks for posting this! I'm Rachel, a US high school senior applying to schools in the UK.. I'm in the IB program in addition to attempting to complete a normal US high school diploma. I want to study Biomedical Sciences, and I'm applying to Queen Mary, King's College London, Kingston Uni, City Uni London and Royal Holloway.
Reply 13
Original post by rachthom15
Hey! Thanks for posting this! I'm Rachel, a US high school senior applying to schools in the UK.. I'm in the IB program in addition to attempting to complete a normal US high school diploma. I want to study Biomedical Sciences, and I'm applying to Queen Mary, King's College London, Kingston Uni, City Uni London and Royal Holloway.

Thats great! :smile: I have a friend studying at Royal Holloway and he likes it , good luck!
Thats great! :smile: I have a friend studying at Royal Holloway and he likes it , good luck!

Thank you; good luck to you as well!
Hi, I'm an international student studying in saudi Arabia and am planning to sky to the UK for mechanical engineering. My university choices are imperial, Manchester, Southampton and the other 2 maybe Bristol and Sheffield. I am did AS and got As in maths, physics and chemistry and am expecting A*s in all three of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I'm Polish, I'm doing the Polish matura and Spanish bachillerato :smile: I hope to apply to some UK unis next year!
Hi! I'm Angela and I'm from Spain. I'm studying both the IB and Spanish bachillerato and I've applied for Economics&politics at Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Warwick and Bristol! :smile:
Reply 18
Great!! Maybe we end up at imperial or bristol
Good luck!
Reply 19
Original post by Viridiana
Hey I'm Polish, I'm doing the Polish matura and Spanish bachillerato :smile: I hope to apply to some UK unis next year!

Are you doing the Spanish b? Thats interesting! Dont you want to study in Spain?

Quick Reply