The Student Room Group

Paper in exams

Hi all,

I am going to have mocks next week, from tomorrow (in the exam hall, in exam conditions) and I was wondering whether in exams the examiners hand out paper for rough calculations and/or drafting. When I complete my maths paper, for example, I will want to check through the paper by going to the beginning and then physically doing the questions again. I do not simply read my calculations.

So, would the examiners be allowed to give me a few sheets of A4 lined paper in the exam?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Nope. I asked for the exact same reason and they said to me in the real exams 'all paper you write on has to go to the exam board' just write in pencil to check?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kyraaalm
Nope. I asked for the exact same reason and they said to me in the real exams 'all paper you write on has to go to the exam board' just write in pencil to check?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay thank you! Why can't they give me paper and then send that to the exam board as well as the exam paper?

And, can I write on the pages that say [BLANK PAGE]?
Reply 3
Original post by londoncricket
Hi all,

I am going to have mocks next week, from tomorrow (in the exam hall, in exam conditions) and I was wondering whether in exams the examiners hand out paper for rough calculations and/or drafting. When I complete my maths paper, for example, I will want to check through the paper by going to the beginning and then physically doing the questions again. I do not simply read my calculations.

So, would the examiners be allowed to give me a few sheets of A4 lined paper in the exam?

I raised this exact question with the exam boards last summer as there are plenty of candidates who would like to be able to plan an essay on a separate bit of paper. The answer was that candidates can only be given more paper when they have finished the answer booklet. They did say they would consider changing the rules for 2015-16.
Original post by Compost
I raised this exact question with the exam boards last summer as there are plenty of candidates who would like to be able to plan an essay on a separate bit of paper. The answer was that candidates can only be given more paper when they have finished the answer booklet. They did say they would consider changing the rules for 2015-16.

Thank you for that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending