The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What is the application process for icap?
Original post by Vorsah
Can u send me a link to the blackrock spring week page?

Cos I can't find it on there website

https://blackrock.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/730-Insight-Program-EMEA/en-GB
Hey guys, i know this isn't ib but has anybody applied to the PWC talent academy for 2015?
Original post by Sun_Bear
Hey guys, i know this isn't ib but has anybody applied to the PWC talent academy for 2015?

Yeah, real quick reject post tests.
Original post by Anonynous

Did you have other offers for sw other than baml?
Original post by Vorsah
Did you have other offers for sw other than baml?

No, ICAP rejection post AC.. 5 rejections: CS/UBS/ICAP/DB/RBC

I have 11 outstanding.

I have 11 outstanding.

Do know when is the deadline for icap?

I find this whole process bs because you manage to get baml spring week but get rejected from pwc. I go to a non target yet get through the tests and now onto this virtual interview thing... Wish i applied to the investment banks now as i think i am over estimating the competition. Btw, i dunno if you also applied to EY and Deloitte but i got destroyed by theirs. Anyway enjoy baml :smile: .
Original post by Vorsah
Do know when is the deadline for icap?

No sorry.

I find this whole process bs because you manage to get baml spring week but get rejected from pwc. I go to a non target yet get through the tests and now onto this virtual interview thing... Wish i applied to the investment banks now as i think i am over estimating the competition. Btw, i dunno if you also applied to EY and Deloitte but i got destroyed by theirs. Anyway enjoy baml :smile: .

Thanks. I failed PwC logicals, I got the report.
X

For baml was the interview just a standard 45 minute 1 based on competency questions and basically why this division/baml?
For baml was the interview just a standard 45 minute 1 based on competency questions and basically why this division/baml?

Pretty much. Motivation/Comptency/Fit asked a little about my experiences on CV.. I think she was trying to figure out whether they were real.. lol, asked how I got summer intern at an IB before uni.
I heard about the deadline extension by JP Morgan, but their website still says 30th November, can anyone confirm this by sending a link or something saying it has extended.
Original post by TerribleTej
I heard about the deadline extension by JP Morgan, but their website still says 30th November, can anyone confirm this by sending a link or something saying it has extended.

HR told us at an event on Friday, everyone cheered when she said it.

Also received this email on Friday ImageUploadedByStudent Room1417381769.413682.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

me, I only applied to pwc as it was the only place which took freshers from 4 year courses

I think I remember you from the 2014 a level results thread, where are you studying now?

How long did that take? I did mine yesterday - well, today (1 am).

I have 11 outstanding.

What was your AC like? Have mine after the New Year.
Also would you be able to link the RBC SW, I haven't been able to find it.
Original post by Vorsah
What is the application process for icap?

Online app with CV and cover letter and then a 24 hour ish delay until invitation to AC. After 1st AC if you pass there is a second one and then offer.
Original post by Table dust
me, I only applied to pwc as it was the only place which took freshers from 4 year courses

I think I remember you from the 2014 a level results thread, where are you studying now?

I am fresher of 4 year course and have effectively got the RBS SW, got AC at HSBC and ICAP and am waiting to hear from about 8 or 9 others with perhaps 2 rejections. I don't see the harm in applying anyway, especially if you have a legit reason.
No sorry.

Thanks. I failed PwC logicals, I got the report.

I did rubbish as well.. got like 3/5 on both. Should I take that as a fail?

Latest

Trending

Trending