The Student Room Group

How long before my GCSE's should I start revising?

I have my mocks on Tuesday and have only been revising the last week or two. I know this is nowhere near enough for the actual exams :P

how long are you going to start proper revision before your exams?
Would say start at least around 2-3 months before your exams
I've been revising as I have gone along so I'm in a slightly better position however I'm planning to start gentle revision from about Feb so I don't feel under so much pressure at the end. :smile:
Reply 3
Thankyou very much! This was a perfect reply :smile: I have the CPG books for science and geography and they are helping a lot! My main problem with revising is that I get distracted sooo easily :P in fact, this website got me distracted today :biggrin: thought I'd make an account and see what it's about, whilst doing RE 'revision'.

I think I will start note taking in December, and do proper revision in February or March. My exams are in May.

Thanks again for the advise!
Original post by aadil10
Thankyou very much! This was a perfect reply :smile: I have the CPG books for science and geography and they are helping a lot! My main problem with revising is that I get distracted sooo easily :P in fact, this website got me distracted today :biggrin: thought I'd make an account and see what it's about, whilst doing RE 'revision'.

I think I will start note taking in December, and do proper revision in February or March. My exams are in May.

Thanks again for the advise!

Any tips on how to not get too stressed to the point it disturbs your learning ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by _Charlotte15
Any tips on how to not get too stressed to the point it disturbs your learning ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Revise in small bits and take regular breaks, overloading information all at once just makes your brain explode and you won't be able to think straight.

The key is to spread your revision out as long as possible so the earlier you start revising, the easier it will be
Original post by aadil10
Revise in small bits and take regular breaks, overloading information all at once just makes your brain explode and you won't be able to think straight.

The key is to spread your revision out as long as possible so the earlier you start revising, the easier it will be

Ok thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aadil10

Have you just done your GCSE's or?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

no problem, good luck with your exams!

*edit - I'm doing my GCSE's next year, in May I think
Original post by aadil10

Aw thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aadil10

*edit - I'm doing my GCSE's next year, in May I think

Ohh and your already a pro at giving out advice hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Ohh and your already a pro at giving out advice hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

aha I wouldn't say pro XD I know what I need to do, the trouble is I'm too lazy to do it :P
Seriously don't sweat about your GCSE's too much, they seem hard whilst you're doing them but they're not MASSIVELY important, if you go on to do A levels thats really what matters... that being said, revise as much as you feel necessary, that's all I can say. If you feel confident with the course material and can do well on past papers, then take it easy, if you're really struggling then pick up the pace and revise more.

Some people find GCSE's a complete breeze and some people just struggle with exams in general, personally I barely revised and got 7A*'s 3A's and 2 B's, revised a bit more for my AS levels and got 4A's, you really just need to do enough so that you're comfortable though, you can't really gauge it off how much your friends are doing, everyone's different
Thanks OP! I needed this question too!
Repped most of you's! :smile:
I don't want to "Hijack" this thread but is 3-4 hours per day until exams enough to cover make notes on EVERYTHING?
Thank You, I'll Try That!
You've helped me loads, trust me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending