The Student Room Group

Missing EX like CRAZY!

Me and my ex boyfriend broke up last month. We were together for three years and he was such a huge part of my life. Unfortunately, I started uni and got very carried away with all of the partying and got involved with a few guys so I decided it was best if we ended it. Bare in mind that we were arguing quite a lot before this about me moving away, and he was not happy for me at all for getting onto my course.

It ended on a bad note and we haven't spoke since, I deleted his number etc. This week, I have really been missing him for some reason and I don't know if to contact him or to just move on with my life. My parents did not like how he was treating me while I was at uni and are dead against me seeing him ever again. I don't know what to do. :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Please help. :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by Sulpha
You started Uni and you got carried away with all the partying and you got involved with a few guys so you decided it was best if you ended it.

The level of sympathy I'm allocating to you in this thread is -6. I hope he marries a model and you spend the rest of your life in regret.

I'm not looking for sympathy. We were arguing LOADS before uni and while I was there and to be honest I was getting bored of him, we often has awkward silences and little to say to each other. But, now I am missing him so idk.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not looking for sympathy. We were arguing LOADS before uni and while I was there and to be honest I was getting bored of him, we often has awkward silences and little to say to each other. But, now I am missing him so idk.

What were you arguing about?
It hasn't been enough time, you broke up last month. It sounds like this break-up might have been for the best, so just hold tight and move on. It takes a while to get over someone so it's not weird to feel like you miss them after a month.
Reply 5
Original post by hellodave5
What were you arguing about?

He was controlling me and would give me the silent treatment if I did not do what he said (silly things like going shopping or to the cinema) and at uni he used to constantly call me, it all got too much.
Reply 6
I would advise move on, find new love at uni. But if you are totally serious about missing him and wanting to have another go, then contact him and suggest it..
Reply 7
Me and my ex boyfriend broke up last month. We were together for three years and he was such a huge part of my life. Unfortunately, I started uni and got very carried away with all of the partying and got involved with a few guys so I decided it was best if we ended it. Bare in mind that we were arguing quite a lot before this about me moving away, and he was not happy for me at all for getting onto my course.

It ended on a bad note and we haven't spoke since, I deleted his number etc. This week, I have really been missing him for some reason and I don't know if to contact him or to just move on with my life. My parents did not like how he was treating me while I was at uni and are dead against me seeing him ever again. I don't know what to do. :/

Don't contact him. He deserves better.
Reply 8
Original post by Sulpha
I've heard the same cliché story at least 10 times before, it's always the same and occurs when a couple goes to University.

And the usual cliché justifications follow of "Oh but we were arguing loads before," or "Oh but he was doing this, that blah look at me I'm a victim","

You went to University, like thousands of students in relationships do every year, got a taste for the life style, got bored and left your partner thinking the grass was greener and now things have settled down around Christmas time you suddenly realise what you had and miss them.

I hope he's forgotten about you.

You're 100% right to be fair.
Reply 9
I just don't know if to contact this guy or not.
He was controlling me and would give me the silent treatment if I did not do what he said (silly things like going shopping or to the cinema) and at uni he used to constantly call me, it all got too much.

Aw. Did you do anything to make him worried or paranoid, to react in that way?

If you think breaking up was a mistake tell him. If you think it wouldn't work out, then I wouldn't.

Why parents dislike him?

My ex's family still seem to like me 3 years on lol.
Aw. Did you do anything to make him worried or paranoid, to react in that way?

If you think breaking up was a mistake tell him. If you think it wouldn't work out, then I wouldn't.

Why parents dislike him?

My ex's family still seem to like me 3 years on lol.

Not going to lie but I think I got caught up with the uni lifestyle. My parents think he's a nice guy but he texted my dad telling him that I had a one night stand and that he was "worried about me", which my parents thought was harsh of him to do.
Original post by Sulpha
You're not mature enough to be in a relationship and he probably sensed that which is why he became a little paranoid and obsessive towards the end. Because he felt like he was losing you.

Getting in contact would be a selfish thing to do because he probably had a hard time getting over you.

Let it be, enjoy University and try again with someone new once you've grown up a bit.

Well I would try again with someone at uni but it has been 8 weeks and I haven't met anyone decent. And, there are only three guys on my course.
Not going to lie but I think I got caught up with the uni lifestyle. My parents think he's a nice guy but he texted my dad telling him that I had a one night stand and that he was "worried about me", which my parents thought was harsh of him to do.

When you say you got caught up in the uni lifestyle, does that mean clubbing and doing 'stuff' with other guys in freshers week? One night stand whilst with him? :O
Admittedly it's weird for him to tell your dad, lol.
When you say you got caught up in the uni lifestyle, does that mean clubbing and doing 'stuff' with other guys in freshers week? One night stand whilst with him? :O
Admittedly it's weird for him to tell your dad, lol.

I wasn't really with him at the time, I told him I wasn't interested. It is weird to tell my dad, maybe it was because he was mad at me idk.
I don't want sympathy and realise it does sound quite bad.
I just don't want to throw away what we had.
Original post by Sulpha
Are you serious ? Do you think that he did ?

You already threw away what you had. You sound incredibly entitled.

Not everything is about you. You got your own way before and you made a decision. You live with that decision.

I don't think that gave him the right to text my dad about me though. That's the only reason I am not talking to him.

Hey I broke up with a guy who sounds JUST like him, about a month ago. I still miss him sometimes but trust me it's definitely for the best. Do you want to miss out on doing things and getting new experiences, and living your life because he's controlling you?

You'll find someone else in the future, someone better for you, but for now just have fun with your life and try to forget about him :smile:
Reply 19

First Relax. Missing ex is really painful.. think if he's important then go get him , patch up and live happily. . Forget about parents they always bitch .. However if you think it's just a nostalgia which is haunting you then try to get involve into other things or chat to a friend. You'll feel better
Good luck..
Hope this helps
Stay happy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending