The Student Room Group

I like someone on my course, but don't know where to go from here...

I'm in a funny situation at the moment, and I absolutely hate situations like this normally - and hate feeling like this. But I just wondered if anyone could give me advice.

All of a sudden, and I have no idea how it's happened - but I like someone on my course at university. The stupid thing is, is that we've only spoken quite briefly and I barely know anything about him. It sounds so pathetic I know, and things like this don't normally happen to me - but the couple of times we have spoken I really quite liked him, and it's gotten to where I'd really like to get to know him a little bit more. But I honestly have no idea how to get round this :frown: it doesn't help I've recently got out of a very bad relationship where I still care deeply for my ex, but not romantically anymore.

I haven't told anyone else, not even my best friend here ... and I feel so embarrassed and yucky typing this out right now. I'm wondering how many of you have been in this situation and could either offer advice or stories of your own. I know the obvious thing would be to talk to him a bit more, but I feel so embarrassed about it as it is. It's particularly stupid that I hardly know him but want to get to know him if you get me. I just wondered if any of you guys had anything to share :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in a funny situation at the moment, and I absolutely hate situations like this normally - and hate feeling like this. But I just wondered if anyone could give me advice.

All of a sudden, and I have no idea how it's happened - but I like someone on my course at university. The stupid thing is, is that we've only spoken quite briefly and I barely know anything about him. It sounds so pathetic I know, and things like this don't normally happen to me - but the couple of times we have spoken I really quite liked him, and it's gotten to where I'd really like to get to know him a little bit more. But I honestly have no idea how to get round this :frown: it doesn't help I've recently got out of a very bad relationship where I still care deeply for my ex, but not romantically anymore.

I haven't told anyone else, not even my best friend here ... and I feel so embarrassed and yucky typing this out right now. I'm wondering how many of you have been in this situation and could either offer advice or stories of your own. I know the obvious thing would be to talk to him a bit more, but I feel so embarrassed about it as it is. It's particularly stupid that I hardly know him but want to get to know him if you get me. I just wondered if any of you guys had anything to share :smile:

I say go for it and talk to him, especially if he seems shy. You could just ask him how he is or if he wants to go for a drink sometime or ask how his weekend was. Plus as you've already talked to him I'm sure that he wont ignore you. Plus do you often make eye contact with him? If he does also it could be a sign that he likes you also...
Reply 2
I know the obvious thing would be to talk to him a bit more, but I feel so embarrassed about it as it is

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Embarassed about what?

You know what to do you dont need to ask on here. Just talk to him, dont put him on a pedestal hes just a guy and you will meet plenty more.
Reply 3
Original post by az08
That makes no sense whatsoever.

Embarassed about what?

You know what to do you dont need to ask on here. Just talk to him, dont put him on a pedestal hes just a guy and you will meet plenty more.

I suppose it's because I think it's a bit silly and embarrassing to like someone who I barely know. :redface:
I suppose it's because I think it's a bit silly and embarrassing to like someone who I barely know. :redface:

I think its more embarrassing that you wont even speak to him even though you have spoken to him before. How often do you see this guy on your course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending