The Student Room Group

I'm a bengali atheist. Ask me anything.

Background info: I'm a female, 17 years old. I live in a highly populated asian/muslim area and my parents and family are quite religious too.. yet I became an atheist 2 years ago. Ask away :smile:

Oh and my username is japanese because I've been fascinated with japanese culture since I was 12.

I got the idea of this from another thread I saw here (I'm a bengali ask me anything)
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What made you leave islam?
Do your parents know about you being an atheist and if so what are their opinions?
Are you craving the Dang?
Reply 2
Original post by YourDeath
What made you leave islam?
Do your parents know about you being an atheist and if so what are their opinions?
Are you craving the Dang?

1. What made you leave islam?
When I realised there was no heaven and hell after my granddad passed away and he was in fact just going to be rotting in the ground decomposing for the rest of time. I began questioning whether the rest of what I was taught to believe was fake too. Researching online about atheism contributed the most because it taught me the logical side of things. Also studying Psychology at my sixth form helped me to form my opinions on islam too.

2. Do your parents know about you being an atheist and if so what are their opinions?
Nope, I don't think I will ever tell them. I know that my relationship will them and the family will get ruined. So I've decided to keep it secret for now. In the future, things may change so I can't say if I will tell them or not.

3. Are you craving the Dang?
Sorry what do you mean by "dang"?
Are you a virgin?
Original post by xtenshiai
Background info: I'm a female, 17 years old. I live in a highly populated asian/muslim area and my parents and family are quite religious too.. yet I became an atheist 2 years ago. Ask away :smile:

Oh and my username is japanese because I've been fascinated with japanese culture since I was 12.

I got the idea of this from another thread I saw here (I'm a bengali ask me anything)

are you from East Bengal or West Bengal ?
Reply 5
Original post by ArabianPhoenix
Are you a virgin?

Yes.

Original post by the bear
are you from East Bengal or West Bengal ?

East bengal. I'm bangladeshi (though some of my family members are indian)
Yes.

East bengal. I'm bangladeshi (though some of my family members are indian)

do you have black hair ?
Reply 7
do you have black hair ?

Yes and I plan on dying it a bit lighter next year. Me and my sister are the only ones to have hazel eyes in our family too, which everyone always seems to find.. different?
Yes and I plan on dying it a bit lighter next year. Me and my sister are the only ones to have hazel eyes in our family too, which everyone always seems to find.. different?

are you twins ?
Reply 9
are you twins ?

Nope. She's 3 years younger than me.
Nope. She's 3 years younger than me.

do you like the music of Stentorian, Arbovirus, Shohortoli, De-illumination, Shunno and Lalon ?
Reply 11
do you like the music of Stentorian, Arbovirus, Shohortoli, De-illumination, Shunno and Lalon ?

Sorry I have never heard of those words before. I'm assuming they are bands. Bangladeshi bands don't really interest me lol Do you listen to them?
Sorry I have never heard of those words before. I'm assuming they are bands. Bangladeshi bands don't really interest me lol Do you listen to them?

No. i sometimes listen to the Asian channel on my digital radio ?
ohkay, I find this immensely creepy. I'm a bengali, I'm an atheist and I LOVE Japan............

I'm from West Bengal tho and my family is Hindu. I like Japan mainly because of Anime and Manga....and J-pop, however, I find Japanese culture and language fascinating. Why do you like Japan so much??
Reply 14
Original post by fandom-queen
ohkay, I find this immensely creepy. I'm a bengali, I'm an atheist and I LOVE Japan............

I'm from West Bengal tho and my family is Hindu. I like Japan mainly because of Anime and Manga....and J-pop, however, I find Japanese culture and language fascinating. Why do you like Japan so much??

Omg are you me? haha Well I grew up watching anime and slowly just started to like the culture. Though Im not too obsessed with it now. I like kpop more now. I have a big interest in travelling now. If only I had the money to go travelling.. I guess unique and new experiences is what fascinates me.
Hey dude!
Same here, but I'm agnostic.
What's your opinion on quantum mechanics?
Do your parents know that you're atheist? If so, how did they react?
Favourite KPOP group? Mine is EXO K :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by inachigeek21
Hey dude!
Same here, but I'm agnostic.
What's your opinion on quantum mechanics?
Do your parents know that you're atheist? If so, how did they react?
Favourite KPOP group? Mine is EXO K :biggrin:

I can't get my head around quantum mechanics.

I already answered your next question:
2. Do your parents know about you being an atheist and if so what are their opinions?
Nope, I don't think I will ever tell them. I know that my relationship will them and the family will get ruined. So I've decided to keep it secret for now. In the future, things may change so I can't say if I will tell them or not.

I have a lot of favourite kpop groups, here are some: nine muses, bangtan, bap :smile:

Why are you agnostic?
Reply 17
So you have stopped observing eid, ramadan, no longer wear arab clothes and eat pork?
If the answer is no to any of these then you are just fooling.
Reply 18
Original post by A.K85
So you have stopped observing eid, ramadan, no longer wear arab clothes and eat pork?

She could be a vegetarian
Reply 19
Original post by A.K85

I still celebrate eid with my family because no one in my family knows I'm an atheist. For me it's always been more of a family gathering rather than a religious event. I pretend to fast during ramadan in front of my parents because I see no point in starving myself when I'm already underweight and have been to doctors for it. I never wore arab clothes out but I do wear indian clothes at family events/weddings. I have had bacon before and I don't really intend on avoiding in the future.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest