The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drowninginsound
Go on, choose something more obscure than that. :tongue:

Anything by Queens of the Stone Age is fun...? Are you wanting lead parts?

True, but I don't really want to be starting arguments on TSR. :lol:

Honestly, I'd want something quite difficult :lol:
I mainly play in my room for fun so...

Something more obscure, you say? Maybe this! [video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=900AzBnnhjU[/video]

I'll ask my perfect pitch friend to give me the notes :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
I've also heard that Chemical Engineering students at Imperial quite regularly have to stay up til 2 just to meet deadlines. :holmes:
Original post by Bude8
Honestly, I'd want something quite difficult :lol:
I mainly play in my room for fun so...

Something more obscure, you say? Maybe this! [video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=900AzBnnhjU[/video]

I'll ask my perfect pitch friend to give me the notes :lol:

Haha, brilliant choice! You should definitely try and learn some anime OSTs... (If you ever learn the AoT one then post a video!) :lol:
Haha, brilliant choice! You should definitely try and learn some anime OSTs... (If you ever learn the AoT one then post a video!) :lol:

The AoT opening somehow goes with every video in the universe:lol:. Awesome song though.

Yup, I've tried learning a few actually, but I still can't play any from start to end :tongue:
Might have a look at AoT then :smile:

Original post by Red Fox
The AoT opening somehow goes with every video in the universe:lol:. Awesome song though.

I should learn a metal version of this:
[video="youtube;qvzCmV3_12c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvzCmV3_12c[/video]
Original post by Bude8
Yup, I've tried learning a few actually, but I still can't play any from start to end :tongue:
Might have a look at AoT then :smile:

I should learn a metal version of this:
[video="youtube;qvzCmV3_12c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvzCmV3_12c[/video]

That song makes me feel happy and sad simultaneously, a metal version would be interesting:lol:
Original post by Bude8
I've also heard that Chemical Engineering students at Imperial quite regularly have to stay up til 2 just to meet deadlines. :holmes:

DAMN
Original post by Red Fox
That song makes me feel happy and sad simultaneously, a metal version would be interesting:lol:

I think it would completely kill the feel of it :lol:
I could learn one of the guitar bits from the KnB OST though...
Original post by keromedic
DAMN

I know right - and that's just to meet deadlines!

Currently listening to A Change of Seasons. It's going to take up half of my free period just to get through the song once :lol:
Original post by Bude8
I know right - and that's just to meet deadlines!

Currently listening to A Change of Seasons. It's going to take up half of my free period just to get through the song once :lol:

Sounds very intense. Especially as they'll probably want to do extra study as well.

That's nice :smile:. How're your studies going?
Original post by Bude8
I think it would completely kill the feel of it :lol:
I could learn one of the guitar bits from the KnB OST though...

Have you seen this, it fits perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgY_7ZLwHnk
Sounds very intense. Especially as they'll probably want to do extra study as well.

That's nice :smile:. How're your studies going?

Decent thanks, becoming quite busy now but still, I think everyone else on this thread works harder than I do :lol: People think I'm hard working for some reason but I'm really not... I wouldn't mind staying up til 2 every night though; I'd rather I didn't have to :lol:
All aboard the Bath hype train! choo choo

Original post by Red Fox
Have you seen this, it fits perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgY_7ZLwHnk

I'll listen to it later, currently in school and YouTube is blocked atm :frown:
They also blocked VPNs/proxies a few days ago, it's actually damn annoying for when I'm back in my room...
Original post by Bude8
Decent thanks, becoming quite busy now but still, I think everyone else on this thread works harder than I do :lol: People think I'm hard working for some reason but I'm really not... I wouldn't mind staying up til 2 every night though; I'd rather I didn't have to :lol:

I started my studies properly last week :smile:. Hoping to be up to speed by end of year. What A-levels do you do?

Bath Hype?
They also blocked VPNs/proxies a few days ago, it's actually damn annoying for when I'm back in my room..

I'm sure there'll be work arounds. Boarding skl?
I started my studies properly last week :smile:. Hoping to be up to speed by end of year. What A-levels do you do?

Bath Hype?

I'm sure there'll be work arounds. Boarding skl?

I'm doing IB - HL Maths, Chemistry, Physics, SL English, Latin and Economics.

Yeah, I really like Bath as do my other peers, I'm looking forward to going there immensly :lol:

Yeah, at boarding school. We've tried everything lol, people have to use their phone wi-fi hotspots, but not everyone has unlimited data :redface:

It's actually interfered with my education too. I needed to go on a .blogspot website to cite a page but it's blocked and I can't even get the link...
Original post by Bude8

They also blocked VPNs/proxies a few days ago, it's actually damn annoying for when I'm back in my room...

It's just the SnK opening song with the video of the 3rd KnB opening and everything fits together perfectly.

Didn't know you were at a boarding school, I've always thought it would be pretty good to go to one.
Original post by Red Fox
It's just the SnK opening song with the video of the 3rd KnB opening and everything fits together perfectly.

Didn't know you were at a boarding school, I've always thought it would be pretty good to go to one.

Yeah, life here is amazing - people are saying it's perhaps the best boarding house in the country at the moment. I'll share some photos in the future; we've just finished quite a big construction project at the house.

It's just that the school blocking VPNs/proxies has annoyed everyone :lol: though tbf, there'd be no need for a filter in the first place if everyone just went to use proxies...
Original post by Bude8
I'm doing IB - HL Maths, Chemistry, Physics, SL English, Latin and Economics.

Yeah, I really like Bath as do my other peers, I'm looking forward to going there immensly :lol:

Yeah, at boarding school. We've tried everything lol, people have to use their phone wi-fi hotspots, but not everyone has unlimited data :redface:

It's actually interfered with my education too. I needed to go on a .blogspot website to cite a page but it's blocked and I can't even get the link...

Nice subjects. Are you restricted to three sci/maths.

That's good.

They probably only block certain ports. Try using a VPN that uses another port or use an SSL VPN.

Oh dear :/.
Nice subjects. Are you restricted to three sci/maths.

That's good.

They probably only block certain ports. Try using a VPN that uses another port or use an SSL VPN.

Oh dear :/.

Yeah, kind of restricted but it doesn't really affect me.

You have to do one:
1st Language
Another language
Humanity
Science
Mathematics
Arts/Music (though you can choose a subject from another group instead; in my case I chose to do another science)
It's weird reading Year 13 because in N.Ireland we call it Year 14!

Anyway, good luck to us all on our last year! It's nearly Christmas holidays, it seems it's all gone so fast!

(PS, is anyone here applying for history and politics? I can't find anyone yet, and I'm scared!)
Original post by CescaD96
It's weird reading Year 13 because in N.Ireland we call it Year 14!

Anyway, good luck to us all on our last year! It's nearly Christmas holidays, it seems it's all gone so fast!

(PS, is anyone here applying for history and politics? I can't find anyone yet, and I'm scared!)

Do you do an extra year or something? Or is our 'Reception' called year 1

Latest