The Student Room Group

Which opticians do you go to and why?

Which opticians do you go to and why?
Reply 1
I go to my local one but they're not very good so I should probably change… but that would be awkward and too much hassle so I suffer instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aoxa
I go to my local one but they're not very good so I should probably change… but that would be awkward and too much hassle so I suffer instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would it be awkward or a hassle to simply make an appointment with a different opticians next time you need one? Its all you need to do.

I use tesco opticians
Reply 3
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
Why would it be awkward or a hassle to simply make an appointment with a different opticians next time you need one? Its all you need to do.

I use tesco opticians

Because I'm under 18, the NHS pays for my appointments (or something like that) and so if I wanted to change, I'd have to wait for two years (no opticians appointments in this time) and then change after the two years. So instead of doing this, I'm waiting until I turn 18 and have to start paying to change opticians which will be easier because I'll be 18 soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aoxa
Because I'm under 18, the NHS pays for my appointments (or something like that) and so if I wanted to change, I'd have to wait for two years (no opticians appointments in this time) and then change after the two years. So instead of doing this, I'm waiting until I turn 18 and have to start paying to change opticians which will be easier because I'll be 18 soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tesco opticians give free eye tests to everyone and all opticians would be able to sort out a free eye test and optical voucher (if you needed new glasses/contacts) there and then with evidence you're in full time education.

Its really easy and no hassle at all with opticians. You simply walk in/call up, make your appointment, tell them when you make the appointment that you're under 19 and in full time education, take your student card to the appointment and they sort it all out for you.
Reply 5
I go to Specsavers as all my family go there as well but now I have my own place, Tesco's opticians is just around the corner from me so I am thinking of going there instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
Tesco opticians give free eye tests to everyone and all opticians would be able to sort out a free eye test and optical voucher (if you needed new glasses/contacts) there and then with evidence you're in full time education.

Its really easy and no hassle at all with opticians. You simply walk in/call up, make your appointment, tell them when you make the appointment that you're under 19 and in full time education, take your student card to the appointment and they sort it all out for you.

Tesco ftw

they have free eye tests & basic specs are only £15.
Specsavers because my family go there.
Specsavers. Been using for yrs.
Reply 9
Tesco don't have an opticians here, I feel as if I'm missing out.

I went to Vision Express for my first 2 pairs of glasses, but the lenses kept popping out and the leg broke on my first pair. So for my current pair (1st pair I have to wear all the time) I went to Specsavers. I love them, since I paid for them myself as an 18th birthday to myself. (Not as sad as you all think, ok?) I also got a free eye test and when I get tested again before I go to uni I'll make sure I'll have vouchers to get another free test.

Why pay for something if you desperately need it?
I tend to go to an independent optom whom i have known for some years. He is very good at his job, very easy to talk to and his prices are fine. I have used boots opticians but they lack consistency in their service and approach to customers. I wouldnt consider a cut price optom for my contact lens care. If anyone wants my recommendation in Manchester just pm me.
Original post by aoxa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should've gone to Specsavers.
Reply 12
Original post by Kool_Panda
Should've gone to Specsavers.

:colonhash: Nah, mate, I'm too cool for boring ol' specsavers.

(Just you wait though, I'll be the start of that ad soon!)

Quick Reply

Latest