The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

Anyone had an Integration Consulting first round interview at all? Would be extremely grateful for any hints/ tips as the email is very vague! Thank you very much!
Anybody else interviewing for TAS Strategy EY?
You guys applying for any smaller firms/boutiques?
Reply 683
Just for info, my friend had a Monitor Deloitte interview today. Apparently interviews started last week, but not sure how long they're running for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 684
Has anybody had their Bain London first round AC interview yet? How was it & what did it consist of?
Original post by Ksimmonds
If anyone's applying to ibm and has any questions pm me - received my offer last week

whats the starting salary
Original post by hackashaq
whats the starting salary

It's the one on the website - just standard £30,000
It's the one on the website - just standard £30,000

Is this for technical consultant or business consultant? What made you choose IBM in the end then? And any signing bonuses?
Thanks for sharing! Do you perhaps know when was he enabled to book his interview slot approximately? my status is still showing 'no slots available' and it's been like that for the last two weeks... :s-smilie:
Is this for technical consultant or business consultant? What made you choose IBM in the end then? And any signing bonuses?

Business consultant - I believe everyone gets same unless done phd - don't know about signing on - as they just said about ordering a phone and laptop etc - so think that may be it. In terms of why ibm I'm really interested in technology / new projects and ibm just stood out for me- I'd followed them on twitter for a couple of years and really enjoyed their outlook on innovation and just generally share the same values. Is ibm your first choice?
Business consultant - I believe everyone gets same unless done phd - don't know about signing on - as they just said about ordering a phone and laptop etc - so think that may be it. In terms of why ibm I'm really interested in technology / new projects and ibm just stood out for me- I'd followed them on twitter for a couple of years and really enjoyed their outlook on innovation and just generally share the same values. Is ibm your first choice?

I am torn between Accenture and IBM as both are technology giants but I am more inclined towards consulting though... Did you consider Accenture and Capgemini?
Original post by wisepirate
Anyone had an Integration Consulting first round interview at all? Would be extremely grateful for any hints/ tips as the email is very vague! Thank you very much!

It's very straightforward:

1/3 competency (most unusual question I had: What was the most useful feedback you have received)

1/3 brainteaser/problem (mostly market sizing)

1/3 motivation for consulting and Integration

Hey guys, just a quick question: For Oliver Wyman, do you get invited to sit the on-line test right after submitting the application or only after the deadline has passed? Thanks!
Anything from monitor?
Has anyone here been invited to a first round interview with oc&c!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by YRIF2012
Anything from monitor?

Nope...

Original post by Thelittleman
It's very straightforward:

1/3 competency (most unusual question I had: What was the most useful feedback you have received)

1/3 brainteaser/problem (mostly market sizing)

1/3 motivation for consulting and Integration

Ahhh thank you very much! No real surprises then - so was it roughly 20 minutes each part? Also have you got any other general advice/ tips for it you wouldn't mind sharing?

How do you think it went and have you heard back yet?

Thanks again by the way - really appreciate it!

Original post by Thelittleman
Hey guys, just a quick question: For Oliver Wyman, do you get invited to sit the on-line test right after submitting the application or only after the deadline has passed? Thanks!

For OW I got a test invite within 3 working days of submitting the application and then an email 2 weeks later with the outcome of the tests.
Original post by ghettoyouth
Has anyone here been invited to a first round interview with oc&c!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still nothing. I'm guessing they wait until the second load of people finish their tests (on the 7th I think it was). Unless you've heard of anyone else getting one?
Reply 697
Anyone still waiting to book a slot for interview and group exercise with Deloitte (not Monitor)?

Was first told they would arrange back in September for Finance Consulting but not heard anything from them recently. Incredibly hard to get a hold of Recruitment at Deloitte too!
Original post by MBoy
Anyone still waiting to book a slot for interview and group exercise with Deloitte (not Monitor)?

Was first told they would arrange back in September for Finance Consulting but not heard anything from them recently. Incredibly hard to get a hold of Recruitment at Deloitte too!

There's quite a few non-Monitor Deloitte people in the same position on this thread
I am torn between Accenture and IBM as both are technology giants but I am more inclined towards consulting though... Did you consider Accenture and Capgemini?

Hi if I'm honest no I heard about IBM and just became really interested in the company and what they do kind of had a narrow view and had my heart set on it. Sorry that's not v helpful , have you spoken to anyone who is on the grad scheme at either of them? I have a friend bat Accenture I can put you in touch with if you want? Pm me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending