The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Yooo my RVC interview just came through on UCAS (and gave me a fricken heart attack :tongue: ). They need you to respond to it on there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just a quick query - I've applied to Surrey, Nottingham, Bristol and RVC but haven't received anything yet - not even rejections should I be worried or is it a good sign I've had no rejections yet? Getting worried now with all the interviews everyone's getting! :smile:

Well done to everyone who does have interviews and good luck!!
Also anybody who applied to the RVC's intercalated year (D101) have you heard anything back yet? :rolleyes:
For rvc interview is there anything I should definitely know (content wise)? And any good sites to get mock questions?
Original post by sophierachael
Just a quickery - I've applied to Surrey, Nottingham, Bristol and RVC but haven't received anything yet - not even rejections should I be worried or is it a good sign I've had no rejections yet? Getting worried now with all the interviews everyone's getting! :smile:

I haven't heard anything either and I've applied to the same as you, except swap RVC with Liverpool

Does anyone know anything about applying for foundation years? It says I have on my UCAS :s-smilie: majorly confused.
I'm not sure if I should be worried that I haven't received the wex form from Liverpool yet? It seems a lot of people got theirs a while ago, but I don't know if they send more out later... does anyone have any ideas? I don't know if I should contact them and ask or if I should just wait. Or if I'm just overthinking it, haha :rolleyes:. In any case, Glasgow and Liverpool are the two I'm still waiting to hear anything from as I have interviews with Bristol and Surrey.
Who else has an RVC interview on the 10th at 13:30? :happy2:
Guys, even though I don't specifically mod this area of the site, please can you refrain from giving each other specific tips on interview questions and etiquette as it gives people on here an unfair advantage. General tips such as how to keep calm, where to find practice drug calculations (lets be real here, vet schools aren't going to make them ridiculously hard... they want you to suceed) etc is fine. Advice on what questions you're likely to be asked at which uni and whether you'll have to deal with animals etc, is not allowed. It's not looked upon favourably by unis either.

Sorry to be a kill joy
:redface:

Original post by sophierachael
Just a quick query - I've applied to Surrey, Nottingham, Bristol and RVC but haven't received anything yet - not even rejections should I be worried or is it a good sign I've had no rejections yet? Getting worried now with all the interviews everyone's getting! :smile:

I got 3 offers, I heard nothing until the new year

No news is good news

:smile:
Original post by Theasel
Hi. Are you a first time applicant? Am wondering if the unis are interviewing reapplicants or year out students in first batches?

I'm a re-applicant and I haven't heard from Surrey. I have an interview for RVC and the work experience form for Liverpool. I don't think it really matters whether you're a first time applicant or not...
Hey, I've got my work experience form from Liverpool, and I don't know if i'm being stupid, but how do you fill in the dates? Is it supposed to add up the weeks at the bottom because it doesn't on mine…I'm so confused :/
Reply 4050
Original post by cocroberta
Hey, I've got my work experience form from Liverpool, and I don't know if i'm being stupid, but how do you fill in the dates? Is it supposed to add up the weeks at the bottom because it doesn't on mine…I'm so confused :/

Hey, have you downloaded the latest adobe (link is on the email)? If you do that then it should all work how it's supposed to, it just tends to mess up on things like windows 8 and mac. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, I dont mean to play the gender card but do you think it is at all beneficial to my chances that i'm a guy?
Original post by ABC05
Hey, have you downloaded the latest adobe (link is on the email)? If you do that then it should all work how it's supposed to, it just tends to mess up on things like windows 8 and mac. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh yes, I have a mac.. thought that might have something to do with it. Thank you! x
Original post by Charlesh
Hi guys, I dont mean to play the gender card but do you think it is at all beneficial to my chances that i'm a guy?

Why do you think it would be?
Reply 4054

Seriously?!
Original post by VETwannabe
Welcome to the forum! :smile: My RVC interview is on the 15th of December and my Surrey interview is on the 10th. I'm still at the excited stage but i know the nerves will kick in eventually, probably :tongue: I'm studying Bioveterinary Science at Hartpury College (UWE)
where have you applied to? have you got any other interviews?

Thanks :smile: My RVC is the 15th and I've also got Cambridge on the 9th :s-smilie:
Can I ask how you heard from Surrey, was it via email or their portal system - getting paranoid I'll miss it somehow if miraculously I get one (even though i feel I'm constantly checking everything all the time!) I've also applied to Nottingham, what about you?
Good luck for your interviews :smile:
Original post by Melinda04
RVC interview 9.15 on the 18th anyone? :biggrin:

Is there any way I could contact you outside of the student room? (I have the same interview date)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seeing as I think everybody else who has responded has misinterpreted what you're asking...

It's true that female veterinary applicants (and indeed students) outnumber their male counterparts. I believe that the RVC in particular has the highest female:male ratio of any UK university. In other fields, where the opposite is true (women are massively underrepresented in physics, for example), admissions tutors apply 'positive discrimination' or whatever it's called to help to reduce the discrepancy. I would hope that this would be the case in the instance of VetMed as well...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by eleanor032696
I'm a re-applicant and I haven't heard from Surrey. I have an interview for RVC and the work experience form for Liverpool. I don't think it really matters whether you're a first time applicant or not...

Me too...reapplying, but still to hear from 2 of my 4. Liverpool were still sending out wex forms well into the new year during the last admissions cycle. It's tough not hearing, I know, but waiting is all you can do.
Does anyone know if the RVC cover the costs, or at least subsidise the money spent on travelling to and staying in London? It's going to cost me nearly £200 in train and hotel fees and I wondered if they recompense you. Its a long shot but it would be nice:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest