The Student Room Group

My college are taking ages over my UCAS!

Okay, so I started writing my personal statement back in May so I'd have it done and ready for September so I wouldn't have to think about it while back at college this year. I submitted my UCAS form on September 15th, my tutor added her reference on November 13th, but it still hasn't been sent away fully despite me going and personally badgering the man who has to click send. What I don't get is that he's sent other people's applications who's references were added after mine and they've got offers already? Is there any possibility my application may have got lost? I don't know him personally, he's got a managerial position in my college and has no contact with students so I know it's nothing personal against me, I just don't understand how other people's have been sent before mine. Is there anything I can do? :s-smilie:
Yes speak to him and find out what's going on and why yours hasn't been sent off yet. Chances are that yours is one of the earliest and is at the bottom of the list?
Reply 2
What does it say when you login to the UCAS application section?
You should ask him to do it the same day/asap and if he refuses to, take up the issue with someone else. Sounds a bit odd tbh.
Thank God I applied as an individual, I got my reference and predicted grades from my college and sent it off myself.

I recommend any future applicants doing this.
Reply 4
Original post by AlconH
What does it say when you login to the UCAS application section?

"Your application has not yet been approved by your referee/coordinator.
13-11-2014 (11:52) Your reference has been completed and is waiting for approval."
Reply 5
I'd go speak to him face to face! Find out what's going on and if nothing seems to be the problem then ask him to send it off ASAP or even better, right in front of you. It's just really unfair to you!
Reply 6
Our school is the same... We paid and it was sent to teachers for reference to be added and now when logged in it says reference not started yet and not agreed yet.....mmmmmm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Lilyghz
I'd go speak to him face to face! Find out what's going on and if nothing seems to be the problem then ask him to send it off ASAP or even better, right in front of you. It's just really unfair to you!

I spoke to him face to face on Friday afternoon, just popped my head into his office and said my UCAS still hasn't been sent and I'm getting worried, he just took my name and what course I'm on, said he would submit more that afternoon and sent me on my merry way. How long shall I leave it before pestering him again? I don't want him to purposely not submit it because I've annoyed him or something. :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by Bluebells60
Our school is the same... We paid and it was sent to teachers for reference to be added and now when logged in it says reference not started yet and not agreed yet.....mmmmmm

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's so annoying! I don't mean to toot my own trumpet but I'm applying for the drama school equivalent of Oxbridge, and they only have roughly 20 places per year. I know some of those places have been offered already so I think I'm within my rights to be a little upset.
Reply 9
Original post by treetrunks
I spoke to him face to face on Friday afternoon, just popped my head into his office and said my UCAS still hasn't been sent and I'm getting worried, he just took my name and what course I'm on, said he would submit more that afternoon and sent me on my merry way. How long shall I leave it before pestering him again? I don't want him to purposely not submit it because I've annoyed him or something. :s-smilie:

If he purposely doesn't submit your application then it's really unprofessional and unethical of him given his position in the school. March right into his office again tomorrow because you do actually have the right to show that much concern. You started preparing for your application ahead of everyone in your year and I suppose you've been waiting longer than most people upon completing your application yet it still hasn't been sent.

Just ask him again tomorrow and remind him that he said he would send it last Friday afternoon but still hasn't and explain to him your situation. Throw in something about "My application's been ready for quite a while and it's just that while some have had their applications sent and others already receiving offers already, I'm just worried that the longer it stays pending the less chances I'll have of getting a place anywhere because I feel my uni choices are filling up their places quite quickly." Hopefully that will get him to finally click send!
Reply 10
Yes special course for us too that only have 20/25 places and still no further fwd - although I've been told we see reference before its added so hopefully this week then off it goes.... Mmm

Posted from TSR Mobile
So today I spoke to my tutor and she said she'd had an email from the guy on the weekend and that it should be done by the end of the college day (16:30). So I didn't bother going to see him as I thought he must be doing it.
It's now 20:49 and it's still not done.
So today I spoke to my tutor and she said she'd had an email from the guy on the weekend and that it should be done by the end of the college day (16:30). So I didn't bother going to see him as I thought he must be doing it.
It's now 20:49 and it's still not done.

Well mate I think the only thing left to do now is to just keep reminding him until he does :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lilyghz
Well mate I think the only thing left to do now is to just keep reminding him until he does :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess I'll have to :frown:
Just to sort of close this- my application has now been sent after almost three months of waiting. :smile:
Just to sort of close this- my application has now been sent after almost three months of waiting. :smile:

Yay!! Finally :smile: good luck with your offers!

Quick Reply

Latest