The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by combinekidd
I have my BAML interview tomorrow afternoon, any advice? I'm a bit worried as I don't come from economics background (2nd year of a Computer Science degree)

Preperation is key. All the best,
Original post by IB Fanboy
Nomura application currently under review.
How long will it take for rejection?

my application is under review too, got the email earlier. do you know what this actually means?
Original post by MaGeehkaal
my application is under review too, got the email earlier. do you know what this actually means?

As I understand, they are going through all the applications they received as per rolling basis. Now, they have started looking into our "batch", possibly the applications received during these few weeks (in the order they are submitted) and screening them.

I also hope to know how long will it take for a rejection to get through.
Original post by Anonynous
Optimism at its finest.

Yeah, I should be more positive. But I heard a lot of Nomura rejections on this thread - wasn't keen on any prospects as a result....
Original post by IB Fanboy
As I understand, they are going through all the applications they received as per rolling basis. Now, they have started looking into our "batch", possibly the applications received during these few weeks (in the order they are submitted) and screening them.

I also hope to know how long will it take for a rejection to get through.

I got the review email on 3rd november and have still heard nothing I wouldn't expect anything imminent.
Original post by President M.E.
is that the AC for HSBC for the summer? I passed the phone interview and took the SJT. How long after the SJT did you hear?

Do not believe it took long at all. The SJT I believe is just a formality I reckon. Highly doubt anyone fails it lol. Good luck.
Original post by MathsNerd1
The main prospect of completing a spring week is to have the chance to be fast tracked onto the summer internship, so if you're on a 4 year course then other than looking keen and showing an interest in Finance. It doesn't help you get fast tracked to a summer internship the following year as you won't be in your penultimate year.

It is to show an interest. And if they like me I am sure they would give me an offer for a summer internship just as they would anyone else whether that be in my second year or if they just offer me one for my third year. We shall see anyway + I will obviously apply to spring weeks and summer internships next year anyway.
Original post by CD315
Telephone interview, offer/rejection.

are you told straightaway if you have passed/failed the numerical
Original post by JackR7821
Do not believe it took long at all. The SJT I believe is just a formality I reckon. Highly doubt anyone fails it lol. Good luck.

Funny thing, some people do actually fail it! :rolleyes: I think it's a good system to weed out those who will just not thrive in an office environment (a bank in particular) because they lack the mindset or certain qualities.
Question: Do you reckon it's worth doing applications for Big4, incase no IB SW conversions?
Question: Do you reckon it's worth doing applications for Big4, incase no IB SW conversions?

I have but i wouldn't underestimate them... the psychometric tests were quite hard for me with PWC being the easiest.

At the end of the day it's better than nothing and there does seem to be some auditors who make the jump into FO ib so they must be related.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sun_Bear
I have but i wouldn't underestimate them... the psychometric tests were quite hard for me with PWC being the easiest.

At the end of the day it's better than nothing and there does seem to be some auditors who make the jump into FO ib so they must be related.

There tests just seem so long. Logical/Personality/Numericals.. :K: but fair enough. Deloitte don't have London SW?
if you haven't heard from DB yet they are done. Got email saying I was extremely strong candidate but positions are now fully filled. fml.
There tests just seem so long. Logical/Personality/Numericals.. :K: but fair enough. Deloitte don't have London SW?

They have a program called spring in Deloitte and one of the place is in st albans which is fairly close i think (i live in Dorset so have no idea about getting around London)
Original post by welcometoib
if you haven't heard from DB yet they are done. Got email saying I was extremely strong candidate but positions are now fully filled. fml.

But how come I can still apply for the programme?
Original post by Sun_Bear
They have a program called spring in Deloitte and one of the place is in st albans which is fairly close i think (i live in Dorset so have no idea about getting around London)

woah, I live really close to there!
Original post by Razina17
But how come I can still apply for the programme?

because they cba to take it down yet? ive been on hold for 3 weeks exactly since numerical.
Thank you for your recent application for a position on the Deutsche Bank Spring into Banking program.

We have considered your application very carefully and regret to inform you that we will not be progressing with your application on this occasion as all the positions have now been filled. Competition for places has been higher this year than ever before.

'' Thank you for submitting an application for the Spring into Banking/IT Program. We are currently reviewing all applications.

If your application is successful at this stage you will be invited to attend a first round interview which will be held in December and into the New Year.'' How can they be filled on the 1st of December after saying that?
Original post by Drossell
'' Thank you for submitting an application for the Spring into Banking/IT Program. We are currently reviewing all applications.

If your application is successful at this stage you will be invited to attend a first round interview which will be held in December and into the New Year.'' How can they be filled on the 1st of December after saying that?

I have no clue man, I got that email 2 hours ago, feel free to email them and tell them a friend was rejected because the programme is full, so wth are they playing at
Reply 2179
are you told straightaway if you have passed/failed the numerical

Nope - I still haven't heard.

Latest

Trending

Trending