The Student Room Group

Worst trends of 2014 (women & men)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abbiemac
I'd love high waisted jeans if they were actually high waisted on me :colonhash:

Being a tall girl has a lot of perks, but this isn't one of them.

I must not have this problem. I just. Love how high wasted jeans go with so many things .
those stupid buns guys have
Men tying their shirts around their waist- please put them on
Fake nails like stiletto nails which are toooooo long and sharp
Boys wearing headbands on their forehead
Reply 63
Original post by Morrisseya
Boys in skinny jeans...

his hair makes him look like a proper rent boy
his legs are unbelievably skinny
should NOT be warring skinny jeans
Original post by ETRC
his hair makes him look like a proper rent boy
his legs are unbelievably skinny
should NOT be warring skinny jeans

He needs to get on dat leg day

I think skinny jeans are more popular for guys these days :eek:

Reply 65
Jelly Shoes
Shorts with tights underneath.
That haircut where boys have the sides shaved then really long on top
Really skinny jeans
Reply 66
People that don't exercise who constantly wear Nike and New Balance trainers. p.s. I love the 90s look and dress in that style quite a lot.
That Jaden Smith-fake-deep style

Guys squinting in pictures

Every guy forcing a beard

Man buns / shaved back & sides with a side part and all swoopy at the top (bad description but you know what I mean?)

White girls forcing the braids & baby hair look

Leather trousers/jeans (thanks kanye)

LADS
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by SophiaLDN

Guys squinting in pictures

Every guy forcing a beard

Man buns / shaved back & sides with a side part and all swoopy at the top (bad description but you know what I mean?)

White girls forcing the braids & baby hair look

Leather trousers/jeans (thanks kanye)

LADS

This, especially if the beard is crappy.

White girls wearing bindis and indian dresses (and when they do they usually end up looking like they're missing an entire piece)

Guys wearing those stupid green coats with a feathered hood
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
An annoying trend is people who wear leggings as trousers. I think they're fine if you have a top/jumper that covers your bum but if I can see through your leggings then that isn't okay:puke:

can someone please tell my sister this please the teenage lad bull**** I had to put up with through high school due to her flaunting her bam was ridiculous
Those Aztec themed printed crop tops, or just crop tops in general and shorts or leggings with the American flag printed down the sides.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by aoxa
Jelly Shoes
That haircut where boys have the sides shaved then really long on top
Really skinny jeans

Oh I love shorts with tights underneath. It's so fun.
I swear to god if I see one more music video with twerking in it I'm going to have to burn a house down. No, I don't want your photoshopped ass in my computer screen.

Original post by aoxa

I've been doing this since 2007; whoops?
Original post by Ndella
People that don't exercise who constantly wear Nike and New Balance trainers. p.s. I love the 90s look and dress in that style quite a lot.

It's usually the types who previously would probably have taken the piss out of people for wearing that sort of attire for being chavvy. Within the last couple of years people are absolutely rinsing Air Max. Most of them came out in the 80's and 90's, they've been constantly reissued since then but all of a sudden they've just blew up? Why? Was it cos Lily Allen started pushing them :confused: Was it Tumblr :confused: **** knows.

Original post by SophiaLDN

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/everything-bizarre-said-in-the-willow-and-jaden-smith-102985729062.html

Have a read of that. I went on her Twitter before, one of her tweets - 'when I'm down I just study quantum physics'. Then underneath a ton of teenage girls writing 'same' :laugh:
Reply 74
Air max on both genders.
You are not and you will never be the fresh prince of bel air.
Jelly sandals, got to agree with the joey Essex haircut aswell. Simply ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Had to take a second to scroll through Instagram. New I was missing more.
Those chunky white sole sandals with black straps. Topshop and river island were the instigators.
Also Michael kors watches. They're not bad as such but every girl and their gran got one from Christmas last year and has worn them non stop. Took the magic away from something "special"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RC5496
Air max on both genders.
You are not and you will never be the fresh prince of bel air.

imo Air Max are alright on people that would be described on here as 'chavs', they're being themselves and have always worn them. Middle class student types should stay well away.

They're way overpriced anyway.

btw Huaraches. ****ing terrible shoes. Ugly as ****.

Quick Reply

Latest