The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Do we need to take our GCSE/AS certificates?

Plymouth asked to see them but it seems as though Exeter don't?
Original post by MiloMilo
Although if the 12th has been given out today... presumably tomorrow will be the next working day... the 15th (and last day of interviewing) which surely must be reserved for graduates as they interview 60?

I'm not sure anymore. They might tell us on the 12th and give us 2 days to buy tickets. haha,

haha, but really, I think we have just got to wait and hope
Just read my email properly. Did anyone elses say they were being interviewed as a reserve?
Original post by Sadieh1997
Just read my email properly. Did anyone elses say they were being interviewed as a reserve?

What exactly does that even mean?
Yeah, I'm being I interviewed as a reserved, thought it was because I'm a resitter though.

Yeah i got that too, what were your stats if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 786

what does it say in the email?
this is what the email says ''Due to the high demand and competition for places for entry onto our BMBS programme we would like to make you aware that you have initially been selected for a “reserve” interview. This means that whilst your academic qualifications (predicted or achieved) and/or your UKCAT score are not as high as other candidates for this programme, we recognise your potential and that you may be suitable for the BMBS programme.''
Hmmm if they're onto reserve interviews it seems they're done with handing any more out to applicants holding a-levels :/
Great so I shall be looking forward to that rejection from Exeter in the next few days.. Fun times!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tarekb123

I'm not doing any resits or anything.
UKCAT was 667.5
A2 Predicted: A*A*AA
Reply 791
this is what the email says ''Due to the high demand and competition for places for entry onto our BMBS programme we would like to make you aware that you have initially been selected for a “reserve” interview. This means that whilst your academic qualifications (predicted or achieved) and/or your UKCAT score are not as high as other candidates for this programme, we recognise your potential and that you may be suitable for the BMBS programme.''

yeah i would be shocked if there are any more interviews then :/
I'm not doing any resits or anything.
UKCAT was 667.5
A2 Predicted: A*A*AA

Yeah my UKCAT was 678
A2 predicted: A*A* A
AS grades: AAAA
GCSEs : 7A*s and 4A

what worries me is that after this interview ill be made to wait for 4 months or so before Exeter can make a decision and as im a 'reserve' i highly doubt it will be a decision for an offer!
Yeah my UKCAT was 678
A2 predicted: A*A* A
AS grades: AAAA
GCSEs : 7A*s and 4A

what worries me is that after this interview ill be made to wait for 4 months or so before Exeter can make a decision and as im a 'reserve' i highly doubt it will be a decision for an offer!

Yeah, hopefully we'll get offers from other places so it won't matter. I'm still not sure I understand why they're doing this though.
Reply 794

Original post by numar9501
What exactly does that even mean?

Original post by beckygorman
Yeah, I'm being I interviewed as a reserved, thought it was because I'm a resitter though.

All of this isnt making sense, stats please? GCSE AS UKCAT?

From what I know about exeter requirements, you meet the minimum academic cut off eg predicted AAA/A*AA and have a UKCAT score above the cut off and you're invited for interview?

What is going on now, I am **** scared. I'm guessing they're handing out interviews randomly?

I have GCSE:1A*6As3Bs2Cs 2Dis 1Pass
AS Level: ABBBBB
A2 Predictions: A*AAB in Maths Chem Bio Gen Studies
UKCAT - 690 2760 Total

Im a resit applicant, resat my AS year though
Reply 795
yeah actually, the ones who have got a 'reserve interview' have actually got 2A*'s and a decent UKCAT compared to the others so this doesn't make any sense at all..
Original post by Hudl
All of this isnt making sense, stats please? GCSE AS UKCAT?

From what I know about exeter requirements, you meet the minimum academic cut off eg predicted AAA/A*AA and have a UKCAT score above the cut off and you're invited for interview?

What is going on now, I am **** scared. I'm guessing they're handing out interviews randomly?

I have GCSE:1A*6As3Bs2Cs 2Dis 1Pass
AS Level: ABBBBB
A2 Predictions: A*AAB in Maths Chem Bio Gen Studies
UKCAT - 690 2760 Total

Im a resit applicant, resat my AS year though

I'm not a resit applicant and I am being interviewed as a reserve.
GCSEs: 8A*s 4As
AS: AAAAA
Predicted A2: A*A*AA
UKCAT: 667.5 Avg
Reply 797
I'm not a resit applicant and I am being interviewed as a reserve.
GCSEs: 8A*s 4As
AS: AAAAA
Predicted A2: A*A*AA
UKCAT: 667.5 Avg

i dont understand what would make you a reserve?
I'm not a reserve but seem to have very similar stats... weird.
GCSE: 7A*4A
AS level: AAAB
Predicted: A*A*A
UKCAT: 2730
Reply 799
i think they've messed up their whole process big time..

Quick Reply