The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hetstar146
I'm not a reserve but seem to have very similar stats... weird.
GCSE: 7A*4A
AS level: AAAB
Predicted: A*A*A
UKCAT: 2730

this is sooooo frustrating, I have to travel the whole damn country to get to Truro for some 'reserve interview' :mad::mad::mad:
Original post by Dralya
i think they've messed up their whole process big time..

It would be interesting to know how they decided on interviews this year-its all very confusing and there doesn't seem to be a pattern :/ ah well,I'm expecting a rejection by the end of the week then
Reply 802
Original post by numar9501
It would be interesting to know how they decided on interviews this year-its all very confusing and there doesn't seem to be a pattern :/ ah well,I'm expecting a rejection by the end of the week then

same, im gutted. thought applying here would get me an automatic interview :/
Reply 803
Original post by Sadieh1997
I'm not a resit applicant and I am being interviewed as a reserve.
GCSEs: 8A*s 4As
AS: AAAAA
Predicted A2: A*A*AA
UKCAT: 667.5 Avg

Thats crazy?

Is it that you dont meet the ukcat cut off? It must be, no other feasible explanation, and if they are giving out reserve interviews now then it could either mean they have exhausted interviews of they're giving out replies randomly. I hope my second hypothesis is right
Original post by Hudl
Thats crazy?

Is it that you dont meet the ukcat cut off? It must be, no other feasible explanation, and if they are giving out reserve interviews now then it could either mean they have exhausted interviews of they're giving out replies randomly. I hope my second hypothesis is right

Yeah, I'm pretty sure its my UKCAT because my predictions are solid. At least I wasn't rejected I guess. Just gotta stay positive.
Reply 805
Original post by Hudl
Thats crazy?

i feel for you hudl :frown:

GCSES: 8 A*s 2A's
AS Levels: AAAAA
A2 levels :AAAB (One A taken early) so AAB. Retaking b in maths, predicted A*.
UKCAT: 755

Nothing at all :angry:

I hope im not in the reserve reserve list
The reserve interview releases does not bode well for anyone still waiting to hear - including me...

:frown:
Reply 807
Original post by MiloMilo
The reserve interview releases does not bode well for anyone still waiting to hear - including me...

:frown:

aye to that
what is a reserve interview?
Wtf is going on with all these reserve interviews??? I don't understand why they would need to give out reserve interviews before people with higher stats, I mean it just makes no sense? Well done to everyone with interviews btw, I just don't understand why some are reserves and some aren't even though they have similar stats???
I haven't heard anything, I have achieved A*AAa and 757.5, still yet to hear, and it doesn't look like there are any more interviews left to give. It's almost like HYMS last year??? Can anyone shed some light on these bizarre circumstances???

Who else hasn't heard with good stats, like anything above 680-700 in the UKCAT and predicted/achieved A*AA+
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm going to buy a box of tissues in preparation for the inevitable tomorrow I think :frown:
I'm going to buy a box of tissues in preparation for the inevitable tomorrow I think :frown:

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking??
The criteria for interview selection at Exeter is based solely on predicted or achieved A level grades. They will not have considered anything else at this point...... They will not have looked at GCSEs or PS or AS scores....
This was from Dean of Admissions at open day

If your school college is generous with predictions then this was the place to apply to! Applucation to med school in 2015 is a strategic game.

Good luck
Original post by nicki078
The criteria for interview selection at Exeter is based solely on predicted or achieved A level grades. They will not have considered anything else at this point...... They will not have looked at GCSEs or PS or AS scores....
This was from Dean of Admissions at open day

If your school college is generous with predictions then this was the place to apply to! Applucation to med school in 2015 is a strategic game.

Good luck

what about the UKCAT???
Reply 814
Original post by JudgeJudy96
what about the UKCAT???

my point exactly. on their a100 faq website they said they use it too :X
Wtf is going on with all these reserve interviews??? I don't understand why they would need to give out reserve interviews before people with higher stats, I mean it just makes no sense? Well done to everyone with interviews btw, I just don't understand why some are reserves and some aren't even though they have similar stats???
I haven't heard anything, I have achieved A*AAa and 757.5, still yet to hear, and it doesn't look like there are any more interviews left to give. It's almost like HYMS last year??? Can anyone shed some light on these bizarre circumstances???

Who else hasn't heard with good stats, like anything above 680-700 in the UKCAT and predicted/achieved A*AA+

I have 730 UKCAT and acheived A*AA, I can't understand what their selection process is this year.
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking??

I'm a graduate applicant with a GAMSAT of 68. Probably not much help to you...!
Reply 817
Im just going to hold on tight until end of this week
whatever happens, happens.

Im too tired of being flustered to even bother now

good luck every1
Original post by Capalmer
I have 730 UKCAT and acheived A*AA, I can't understand what their selection process is this year.

There's absolutely no way they can give preference to predicted A*A*A over achieved A*AA or even AAA, I mean 90% of the time predictions are over inflated and people always drop a grade in at least one subject. What was your A* in? Mine's in maths, I'm just wondering if they give preference to A*'s in bio or chem...:s-smilie:
I'm a graduate applicant with a GAMSAT of 68. Probably not much help to you...!

Sorry haha, I have no idea what that means :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending