The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arithmeticae
this is pretty much exactly what i've done so perhaps the numbers we're using are slightly off or something? :s-smilie:

ps - you might want to remove that, don't want to spoil the method for other people (if that even is the right way)

Original post by MozyAdam
I second that.

PLEASE SHOW WHERE I HAVE GONE WRONG!!!

Yes it is right maybe best to delete if you get the answer
Original post by lekha2611
Gold Q: Because it's 2 moles of gold for every 2 moles of HCl, do you just work out the moles of gold and carry the number across to use on the HCl - you don't have to divide it to find one mole? None of my figures are being accepted :s-smilie:

If Gold was the one about gold. Then you are overcomplicating it. As the song goes, three wise men brought gifts. If one is something, another is another...
this is pretty much exactly what i've done so perhaps the numbers we're using are slightly off or something? :s-smilie:

ps - you might want to remove that, don't want to spoil the method for other people (if that even is the right way)

Yes, change your values in step 1 and 4. The specific heat capacities.
hint for Rg?
What is the temperature change for Rg?
Original post by zhang-liao
Can I have another clue please :frown: ?

another clue for gold

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jonzza_81
another clue for gold

Spoiler

Done that one already

Stuck on Rg
Original post by MozyAdam
If Gold...

wanna hide all that under the spoiler tag?
Original post by zhang-liao
What is the temperature change for Rg?

should be in the question

Spoiler

any help for rg? i can't see where i'm going wrong with my calculations atm :s-smilie:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jonzza_81
should be in the question

Spoiler

Spoiler

Aaah, been using 120...
Hint for Ag please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3231
I've just done copper-I had to just calculate it by counting...didn't take too long. Now stuck on silver, google doesn't seem to have any definitive opinions...
For those stuck on Rg who feel like they're missing a step

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
stuck on gold plssssss!!!!:frown::frown::frown::frown:

hints pls..... I think know that one particle is cholesterol????
Reply 3234
So I got to rg really easily in about 30 mins but I can't seem to do rg. Can someone give me a hint or PM me the mass because I think that might be where I'm going wrong (btw I'm happy to help anyone)

Posted from TSR Mobile
help with copper pleaseeeeeeee:smile:
Yeh, pm if you want help. To be quite honest, this month's challenge was more challenging than most. Rg was relatively straight forward once you knew what you were doing.
One but of advice though is make sure you use the right constants. There is slight variation on the internet which van quite drastically change your answer. Don't be afraid of a huge answer too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3237
Hi guys, stuck on Cu.

Please PM me with any hints, I've tried playing about with various numbers but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
Reply 3238
Managed to finish all the challenges! :biggrin:

Rg wasn't too bad once I realised I was missing one bit, calculations were relatively straightforward.
Have you got an answer for Cu yet? I've tried with tons of numbers but no luck yet!

Quick Reply

Latest