The Student Room Group

Does this question make any sense?

f) With the remaining amount divide the profit between yourself and your partner 50:50 if the remainder is less than £20,000 or 70:30 in your favour if more than £20,000.

Basically i had to make a hypothetical business with a partner and have just calculated our profits which is £1,470. I have a feeling the question is really simple but i'm confused of what they're asking me...

This question is from my university assignment task, most of the questions don't make sense to me anyway :s-smilie:
Reply 1
Original post by john pyle
f) With the remaining amount divide the profit between yourself and your partner 50:50 if the remainder is less than £20,000 or 70:30 in your favour if more than £20,000.

Basically i had to make a hypothetical business with a partner and have just calculated our profits which is £1,470. I have a feeling the question is really simple but i'm confused of what they're asking me...

This question is from my university assignment task, most of the questions don't make sense to me anyway :s-smilie:

Well we kinda need to see the whole question.

The question is self explanatory. If remainder is less than 20k split half half.

If more than 20k split it so you get 70%

If what you calculated is the remainder, and you have done it correctly, then you get half of that as it is less than 20k

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by 2710
Well we kinda need to see the whole question.

The question is self explanatory. If remainder is less than 20k split half half.

If more than 20k split it so you get 70%

If what you calculated is the remainder, and you have done it correctly, then you get half of that as it is less than 20k

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is the whole question, the question before that only wanted me to calculate the profit earned.

Quick Reply

Latest