The Student Room Group

What is something that is known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I'd say for men it has to be the unwritten rule of who uses what urinal in the toilets.

A very quick explanation of urinal etiquette:

If somebody is using a urinal on the left (person 1), you must use the urinal that is the furthest away on the right (person 2). The next person should then use the middle urinal (person 3).

If a fourth person comes in and wants to go to the 2nd urinal in between urinals 1 and 3 (occupied by person 1 and 3) then they must resort to using cubicle, without making it obvious they they never intended to use the cubicle. They must make it quite clear to all men in the toilet, that they wished to use the cubicle from the moment they stepped in the toilet. However, if the cubicle is not free then they must wait for either person 1,2 or 3 to shake out and step down and take their place. NOT another one such as urinal 2 or 4, as this will be directly next to person 1, 2 or 3. If they were to do this, then when person 5 walks in, they will not be able to use urinal 3 or 4, since they will be peeing directly next to the person in urinals 2 or 5.

Or, they must wait for the cubicle to become free.

You must also look at the wall directly in front of you, as if you're examining it for cracks. You must only look down when you've stopped urinating and have progressed onto the shake. Too much shaking is forbidden, that's a sign of masturbation.

Although peeking is not strictly forbidden, it is definitely forbidden to get caught peeking. Us males have to "size up" the competition so peeking will always happen. Even if you think that you did not get peeking at somebody who is very well endowed, he WILL know that you've peeked. When you walk past, you'll give each other "the nod". This is his way of saying "look mate, I know you peeked - you know what I'm packing, so let's mention no more on the topic".

Alternatively, you can walk out and say to your mates "Oh my god I was standing at the urinals and this dude just came in and peed right next to me, he had the smallest knob too, he was pretty much peeing in my urinal, I didn't peek but he was just so close. Look, that's him there" (then point to the guy) This puts you at a higher level in status of being an Alpha Male, but you do risk being confronted about making these claims.

brilliant.

You should write a sequel to Neil Strauss' 'The Game'-can't think of any witty titles so 'The ****' it is
We don't wear make up for you.. So next time you call a girl a slut for wearing "so much make up" to supposedly "attract the wrong kind of attention" just remember 99% of females wear make up to look better than other females and not to get attention from idiots
Anyone going to mention how handy the bra pocket is? Or at least, it was, when smartphones were reasonably sized.
Reply 43
Original post by Uw0tm8_
We don't wear make up for you.. So next time you call a girl a slut for wearing "so much make up" to supposedly "attract the wrong kind of attention" just remember 99% of females wear make up to look better than other females and not to get attention from idiots

Why look better than all the other females if not to get male attention?
Original post by csz713
Why look better than all the other females if not to get male attention?

To feel pretty lol
That just how much of a life saver a hot water bottle really is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bras as pockets & giving birth feels like a pooping out a giant pineapple accompanied by the biggest chinese burn on your vajayjay
Original post by ArtGoblin
How painful it is to run or jump around without a bra on.

Not for me C> Masterace :smile:
We don't think about sex all the time. Ok, we think about sex a *lot*. But, there's other things we think of every now and then, like videogames, and food- but obviously, we don't think about these as much as sex.

Also, men don't think about sex as much as they get older, I hear. Which is good, as mayhaps I can put 95% of my brainpower to something useful for a change.
I only found out about a week ago that most girl's clothing has fake pockets I was so shocked I nearly died I instantly transformed into a feminist there and then no lie
Probably been said, but the uncomfortableness of feeling blood seeping out of you, especially when you stand up/move and there's a small waterfall.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Also, the offside rule.

What's the offside rule?

This is not a joke, I actually haven't got a clue what the offside rule. Is it something all boys are supposed to know?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Hah!

I'm not the only one. Welcome to the club Plantcrown :tongue:

Also

That's brilliant.
Reply 53
Original post by louieee
I only found out about a week ago that most girl's clothing has fake pockets I was so shocked I nearly died I instantly transformed into a feminist there and then no lie

Not sure about 'most'. It would be good with jeans though. Having to reach into the pockets (or, god forbid, inside the waistband) to straighten out an oddly-sitting pocket is annoying. It's not like we really use pockets for putting stuff in - it sits weirdly and looks and feels weird.

Something known to disappointingly few people of the male or female genders - men and women do not think differently in the way society likes to tell you. Stop ****ing buying into it. It seems relatively harmless but it's annoying as **** when it crops up.
Original post by Ronove
Not sure about 'most'. It would be good with jeans though. Having to reach into the pockets (or, god forbid, inside the waistband) to straighten out an oddly-sitting pocket is annoying. It's not like we really use pockets for putting stuff in - it sits weirdly and looks and feels weird.

Something known to disappointingly few people of the male or female genders - men and women do not think differently in the way society likes to tell you. Stop ****ing buying into it. It seems relatively harmless but it's annoying as **** when it crops up.

I'm sorry but that problem never occurs with males so it would seem that the female clothing which actually does have real pockets, has very poor pockets.

And I'm not sure about your second point, but if you're trying to say there isn't a difference in men and women, I can point one out...most guys (or at least the ones I know) do use pockets for putting stuff in, while according to you females don't.
Reply 55
Original post by louieee
I'm sorry but that problem never occurs with males so it would seem that the female clothing which actually does have real pockets, has very poor pockets.

And I'm not sure about your second point, but if you're trying to say there isn't a difference in men and women, I can point one out...most guys (or at least the ones I know) do use pockets for putting stuff in, while according to you females don't.

And do you think that's because we think differently, or do you think it might have something to do with female clothing having 'very poor pockets'? ...
Original post by Ronove
And do you think that's because we think differently, or do you think it might have something to do with female clothing having 'very poor pockets'? ...

well if you do have poor pockets and males have decent pockets then my shock still stands, to the extent where the boundary between non-functional pockets and poorly functional pockets is irrelevant concerning my gasp at the inequality of the gender's clothing. Males have working pockets, females have none, and you're like "yeah but that's okay because pockets are a useless nuisance", but actually you only have that view because the pockets of female trousers that are actually real ones are still **** and oddly-sitting, compared to the fully functional, comfortable ones of male's clothing.
Original post by Ronove

How do you know, without having experienced both?
Original post by Uw0tm8_

"To look better than other females". If true that's pretty narcissistic. No better than doing it for male attention to be honest.
Original post by louieee

This makes me so angry. I have a hard enough time finding clothes as it is, so when I find something that looks well-made, practical, isn't tight or fitted like most women's clothing is (another complaint I have about modern women's clothing) and looks like it would stand to a lot of abuse, my heart sinks a bit when I reach into the pockets, or at least try to, only to find that they're completely sealed and there is no pocket on the other side. I use pockets, I need them for my phone and change and key and wallet and so I don't have to pull my bag off my back to get them every time I need to use them (and they're safer on my person than in a bag that can get stolen). It's why I look like a scruff sometimes, I ****ing hate women's clothing and can't usually find what I want (but I don't want to look like a dude so I don't just go buy men's clothes unless I absolutely need to).

That went off-topic a bit... oops.

I don't think I know anything about women that most guys wouldn't already know... hm... thinking, nothing is coming to mind though.

Oh, um, I thought of one. A lot of guys don't know this, but if a girl accidentally gets struck in the genitals it isn't near painless like depicted in the movies. The same nerve bundles that can deliver extreme pleasure when touched with gentle pressure can also deliver extreme pain when struck harshly. I also suspect some connection with the gag reflex too, as being hit there can stimulate it.

I don't personally think it's as bad as when a guy gets struck in the testicles, I've seen a guy collapse and puke blood after being struck. No idea how blood possibly got in his stomach from that but hey just retelling what I saw, maybe he had an ulcer and it popped from the stress of the situation?

Quick Reply

Latest