The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi Guys,

Has anyone else experienced any trouble logging in to the work experience form? I keep getting denied access when I enter the required details. I've tried every combination of format for my 10 digit UCAS ID and date of birth and it's just not working! It's making me feel pretty idiotic haha.

Has everyone simply used their 10 digit number without gaps and dashes, and the date of birth with or without forward dashes?

Might have to give them a ring, just don't want it to be me being stupid!

Thank you!
Reply 121
Original post by Lolliesian
Hi Guys,

Has anyone else experienced any trouble logging in to the work experience form? I keep getting denied access when I enter the required details. I've tried every combination of format for my 10 digit UCAS ID and date of birth and it's just not working! It's making me feel pretty idiotic haha.

Has everyone simply used their 10 digit number without gaps and dashes, and the date of birth with or without forward dashes?

Might have to give them a ring, just don't want it to be me being stupid!

Thank you!

The ID is the 10 digit number without gaps. The password contains forward slashes.
Original post by WKRich
The ID is the 10 digit number without gaps. The password contains forward slashes.

Thanks WKRich, that's definitely not working then, i'll have to give them a ring in the morning. Thank you anyway!
Reply 123
I would re-check your UCAS ID. I seemed to have 2 floating around in my inbox for some reason on one email or another. Does it ever change? E.g. Is your track ID different to your UCAS ID? Not sure.

Anyway, go to any university application confirmation emails and see if they have your UCAS ID in them. Sometimes the university will put them at the top of the email along with your name. Try using that number (if more than one is floating around) as that will be the one that Nottingham hold for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So many familiar names from the GAMSAT and GEM thread here. I am very jealous of you all but I wish you all best of luck and hopefully I will be studying here in the near future too!

Did anyone score 66+ with a 2:2 in the GAMSAT? I think that meant you had to be top 8% which is pretty hard going.
Original post by MiloMilo
I would re-check your UCAS ID. I seemed to have 2 floating around in my inbox for some reason on one email or another. Does it ever change? E.g. Is your track ID different to your UCAS ID? Not sure.

Anyway, go to any university application confirmation emails and see if they have your UCAS ID in them. Sometimes the university will put them at the top of the email along with your name. Try using that number (if more than one is floating around) as that will be the one that Nottingham hold for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I didn't realise your personal ID was different from your UCAS ID, thanks so much Milo, now I feel like an idiot haha, it saves me an embarrassing phone call anyway!

Thank you
Reply 126
Ah I didn't realise your personal ID was different from your UCAS ID, thanks so much Milo, now I feel like an idiot haha, it saves me an embarrassing phone call anyway!

Thank you

Try both your application ID and Track ID. Mine works with my Track ID, which I did not give to Acer so I imagine that is what UCAS are using for us.

I believe your Track ID is the same as the one you received for your application to your first degree, so donkeys years ago for most of us. But I seem to have decent muscle memory as my fingers remember the number pretty well! :tongue:
Reply 127

Thank you

You're welcome :smile: These sort of things are why I made the thread!
Reply 128
Original post by Benhope7
I think your thinking of research assistant rather than clinical research assistant (CRA). CRA, work with nurses and clinicians on clinical trials in a bench to bed mannner; so your involved with patient care in surgeries, wards and out patients clinics. Its great experience for pre med , because of how involved you are with patient care. Additionally most jobs last for either 1 or 2 years due to funding.

Sorry missed this post.

All the CRA posts I have seen sit at ~£30,000pa which is definitely not an entry level post. I've actually yet to see a part-time position in any case.

It is one of those positions that doesn't really have a set role. In that the role can vary significantly depending on the projects you're on. Largely though it is more paperwork and people management than it is patient focused. It is a research post after all.
You would of course be in contact with medical professionals and get another insight in to their working lives. However the majority of medical schools seem to stress the importance of care giving experience over shadowing experience. This would not then fulfill that requirement and further caring experience would be required, OP would need to give up their current care giving commitments to this which I feel would detract from their application.

The jobs are contract based, but that doesn't mean they finish in 2 years time. Most all I know who have CRA/CRC/CTA/CTC roles are assessed yearly and when their funding ends they are moved to new projects/get more funding.
Reply 129
Has anybody still not heard about interview yet? I got the confirmation email regarding passing GAMSAT cutoff (and subsequent additions) but am yet to hear anything else. Please say i am not alone!
Reply 130
Original post by AmyToms
Has anybody still not heard about interview yet? I got the confirmation email regarding passing GAMSAT cutoff (and subsequent additions) but am yet to hear anything else. Please say i am not alone!

Have you received the work experience questionnaire email?
Reply 131
Hey, I'm the same. I got the email about passing the GAMSAT cutoff but have not heard anything since.
Reply 132
Myself and others have had to contact the admissions team by telephone in order to be resent the questionnaire - as we did not receive anything either. It would seem you may be in the same boat and this might be the solution. Appears to be an issue with their email process, although they did not appear to have had many similar telephone calls when I contacted them. Although I would say this is more likely due to lack of awareness more than anything.
Reply 133
Myself and others have had to contact the admissions team by telephone in order to be resent the questionnaire - as we did not receive anything either. It would seem you may be in the same boat and this might be the solution. Appears to be an issue with their email process, although they did not appear to have had many similar telephone calls when I contacted them. Although I would say this is more likely due to lack of awareness more than anything.

Thanks! I'll call tomorrow.
Reply 134
Original post by WKRich
Have you received the work experience questionnaire email?

Nope, nothing. Did you get the questionnaire sent pre interview offer?

Stressing!

Reply 135
Original post by AmyToms

Stressing!

A successful questionnaire is a pre requisite to an interview offer that would arrive late January for March.
Reply 136
Original post by AmyToms

Stressing!

You should have got it sent to you a few days after the initial cut-off email. I would ring them so they can resend the questionnaire email. Seems like it got lost in transit like a few others on here.
Reply 137
A successful questionnaire is a pre requisite to an interview offer that would arrive late January for March.

Original post by WKRich
You should have got it sent to you a few days after the initial cut-off email. I would ring them so they can resend the questionnaire email. Seems like it got lost in transit like a few others on here.

Awww thanks for the info! Very helpful! Is there's cutoff date for the work experience form?

Also milomilo, noticed you were a preregistration pharmacist - if you need any help let me know! I'm a clinical pharmacist at a hospital x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 138
Original post by AmyToms
Awww thanks for the info! Very helpful! Is there's cutoff date for the work experience form?

Also milomilo, noticed you were a preregistration pharmacist - if you need any help let me know! I'm a clinical pharmacist at a hospital x

Thanks Amy, I'm at a hospital too :smile: Just battling through the year thus far...!
Reply 139
Thanks Amy, I'm at a hospital too :smile: Just battling through the year thus far...!

Pre-reg is awesome, I miss those days....sigh.

What hospital are you at?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending