The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
bro are you also afghani?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

But you must be a bit stupid to think that I would really have an X-mas tree in my house. Ask ANY pakistani that. I bet 99% wouldn't even be allowed xmas lights, rather than a tree. black people have embraced X-mas and we haven't integrated.

That is so unfortunate! My favorite holiday is christmas! Everyone should get to have christmas I'm totally with you on this tbh.
Do what you like nobody really cares enough to take an interest in your life.

If you're looking for a white family, find a white wife but it doesn't give you the right to put all other Pakistanis down. You're so desperate to get approval when in reality you should be proud of what you are rather than desperately pretend to be something you're, not nor ever will be. Get over it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adeel Ali
I don't like being called a jerk. You made a thread on a public forum. Don't get but hurt when people post things you don't want them to.

U aren't exactly a jerk as your comments have truth to it but the way u say it needs work... Your telling him to just grow up and get over it which isn't helpful to him coz he has a problem which untill he doesn't get through the hate and negativity he won't be able to get over it, so be a little sensitive...:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lost Cloud
There are other non-White people who hold the same warped ideas as you. It is called having a 'colonial mentality' and it affects several regions impacted either directly or indirectly by Western dominance. If you look up this concept you will understand there is nothing unique about how you feel. You are just one self-loathing turd among many :console:

I am not a lump of excrement.
Though, I see the value in what you are saying. I was born in England, and want to be English not pakistani. I want to update to go with the times rather than be a lonely prick, that's why I asked you guys to help me lol.
In the OP defence, some of his points are valid. As shown above. Without doubt some Pakistani people are racist. Same is said for white people too.
Original post by Shahh112

If you're looking for a white family, find a white wife but it doesn't give you the right to put all other Pakistanis down. You're so desperate to get approval when in reality you should be proud of what you are rather than desperately pretend to be something you're, not nor ever will be. Get over it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Couldn't have summed up my thoughts better.
Read your OWN ADVICE.
I said post if you are going to help, acting like a jerk and calling me a white-boy wannabe is very offensive.

I am trying to help. Help you make sense of what your portraying to me. From what you have said it without doubt seems that you are so very desperate to be a white boy. If that offends you... Then you need to look in the mirror
Original post by Shahh112

Posted from TSR Mobile

My parents do, I don't think I have any real friends, maybe some close acquaintances but nothing like a true friend. :frown:.

I am not actively searching for people based on colour, but I prefer white people in general. I would like to find a nice person, that's it. No matter what skin. I am more in conflict with my culture which has done close to nothing good and is pretty much bad in every way. I want to change culture but is this possible? Can I truly become a person who can choose how to live their life or does the circumstance of my brith dictate my future?
Original post by D.n.A
bro are you also afghani?

Yeah. I can speak more pashto( it's like a afghan language) than urdu(can't speak it at all) lol.
Reply 50
Anon can you PM me??
Original post by D.n.A
I know it's not a big deal for people like Pakistani religion is an important factor to them.

I actually knew that, and was being disingenuous.
Reply 52
Original post by felamaslen
I actually knew that, and was being disingenuous.

Okay.
Become attractive if you are not?

Or become really rich?

Easy! Then you got em all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Yeah. I can speak more pashto( it's like a afghan language) than urdu(can't speak it at all) lol.

I can speak Broken Punjabi and not Urdu, but this is a great Pashtun song lol

My parents do, I don't think I have any real friends, maybe some close acquaintances but nothing like a true friend. :frown:.

I am not actively searching for people based on colour, but I prefer white people in general. I would like to find a nice person, that's it. No matter what skin. I am more in conflict with my culture which has done close to nothing good and is pretty much bad in every way. I want to change culture but is this possible? Can I truly become a person who can choose how to live their life or does the circumstance of my brith dictate my future?

I share the same background as you so I understand some of your complaints but the same point still stands - you can't put people down for it!

So why the title? I disagree with the culture bit, like all cultures, it has good and it has bad! Take the bits that are relevant and that you define as good and keep them, you don't have to accept it all! By taking the steps you have e.g. becoming athiest you've already chosen your way of life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adeel Ali
I am trying to help. Help you make sense of what your portraying to me. From what you have said it without doubt seems that you are so very desperate to be a white boy. If that offends you... Then you need to look in the mirror

Not all people are like you Adeel, he is an atheist and in his country people like him get excuted. YOU had it easy, probably surrounded by people like you, and you go to the mosque everyday with your bffs that you have all things in common. He didn't, he never had bffs, he's always felt excluded from BOTH societies (english and pakistani). So please stop annoying him!
Original post by Kash24411
Bleach your skin boy.

I think it's more to do with my facial structure and my eyes. I look semi-japanese/chinese too lol. It's 100% obvious that I am asian. Also I don't want to harm myself with them substances. This thread is more about culture rather than actual colour buddy.

Original post by Rakas21
Firstly OP it's good that you want your allegiance to be to the UK and not Pakistan, as an ex Muslim you've presumably realized that religion among other things is destroying your country and that the west is culturally superior in its values with relation to prosperity.

Secondly OP, it sounds quite tough but my advise is to live the lie until you can leave for university or move out. In the meantime i advise that you make friends and integrate well with white folk and that way your more likely to find friends and future spouse free of religion or at least not fundamentalist in their views.

Thanks. Yeah, I want to become a hard working English person. I was born in England. At least many white people, many are racist, but they are at least on the level that people are equal. We haven't grasped this concept. Add Islam and then we got a truly evil recipe. People use religion as a mean of getting advantage. Do this your parents, if you don't, you won't even see heaven lol. Though, I don't like the Army, but never really liked war either.

I will move out mate, when I go to uni next year. Can't wait. There are literally 0% white people I know in real life, it's completely pakistani only area. I hope though in uni I make friends of all races.
Original post by Thamys

To look attractive, skin should have melanin. Pale-pink, pasty skin of Northern Europeans looks horrible. Sadly, they are the ones who live in a Lalaland created by their own imagination. In this lalaland, every darker skinned person aspires to have their skin color. They are so mistaken & its extremely annoying. I feel like saying to their face, '"have you looked yourself in the mirror?"

But European colonists, who were white supremacists in their ideology, spread this misinformation (or lets say incomplete information) that non-whites like white skin without specifying that all they like is lighter skin among their own racial population & that lighter skin is not as light as European skin. And, this was my exact point in my initial comment. Indians like light skin. But their preference is for the level of fairness that is already present in light skinned Indians. That level of fairness is still quite darker than average White European.

As someone who comes from a very white, conservative, background, you're way off on this. We never really talk about skin tone, I never knew there was a whole preference for lighter skin in black or Asian communities until I left home. Racist white people from my area don't think black and Asian people aspire to be like us, quite the opposite- that's what they want them to be like. They say no one integrates with our culture at all. While the racism is against people with darker skin, it isn't actually about skin itself. A BNP member doesn't make a distinction between a jet black Somali and an Iranian who is as fair as a southern European.

This preference does exist in pretty much all societies, but it probably comes from the fact that the lower classes work out in the sun and get darker, while the upper classes stay indoors and are thus lighter. I think it's more that than any intrinsic beauty. I do love pale white girls, but I like lots of non white girls too.

Although if you don't think guys are generally into pale girls, see a pretty, pale blonde girl go literally anywhere in the world outside Northern Europe and see guys go crazy.
Reply 59
Original post by Kash24411
Maazgha da kharab de, sahey pashtun ne ye spe zai

Bro can you understand this song or is it in Farsi

Latest

Trending

Trending