The Student Room Group

The Oxford TSA thread - 2015 applicants - 5th Nov 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Turtlefushsia
Hi! I've got an interview at Hertford for Geography and I was wondering if you could tell me anything about the process like who interviewed you, your experience etc. Thanks!

Hey! I've got an interview for Geography at Hertford too!! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by albany-geography
Hey! I've got an interview for Geography at Hertford too!! :biggrin:

Congrats! Are you going to be staying in the accommodation provided. I'm quite nervous, how are you going to prepare for your interview? :smile:
Congrats! Are you going to be staying in the accommodation provided. I'm quite nervous, how are you going to prepare for your interview? :smile:

Thanks, you too! I'm coming from Devon so will be staying in accommodation from Sunday until Tuesday/Wednesday.
I'm also quite nervous, I have a couple of booklets from Oxford about preparing for interviews so will probably just read through them, think through some answers to generic questions and reread my personal statement in case they ask about it :smile: How about you?
Original post by albany-geography
Thanks, you too! I'm coming from Devon so will be staying in accommodation from Sunday until Tuesday/Wednesday.
I'm also quite nervous, I have a couple of booklets from Oxford about preparing for interviews so will probably just read through them, think through some answers to generic questions and reread my personal statement in case they ask about it :smile: How about you?

Im staying Sunday till Tuesday too and possibly Wednesday if I'm needed. I think I'm just going to look over my personal statement and make sure I can talk about the books I've mentioned. It's just the nerves that are getting to me. :smile:
Original post by scandrews
Anyone heard from Balliol?? :L

received an invitation for interview by email on Friday night :smile:
just received an invitation for interview for Geography today! :biggrin: It says on the schedule that Geography interviews normally start on the 15th, but I got asked to come a day early. Does anyone know whether I could still be asked to stay another day, that is, until the 17th? Because that would mean 4 days of interviews... which would honestly be exhausting :frown:
Has anyone heard anything from Trinity College? Especially for Economics and Management? Do you know when we are likely to receive an answer? Still waiting, haven't received any letter or email yet…
Original post by poboxobkh56
just received an invitation for interview for Geography today! :biggrin: It says on the schedule that Geography interviews normally start on the 15th, but I got asked to come a day early. Does anyone know whether I could still be asked to stay another day, that is, until the 17th? Because that would mean 4 days of interviews... which would honestly be exhausting :frown:

Hey! Congrats :smile: what college have you got your interview at?
Hey! Congrats :smile: what college have you got your interview at?

Thanks! I made an open application and was allocated to Mansfield! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I got the results letter, but it doesn't let me check?
Original post by kimiaak
I got an interview for PPE at LMH! does anyone have tips for interview preparation?

I've been doing some intense reading on the interview process. It seems to me like they're trying to find students who fit the tutorial teaching style best. That and also academic potential of a student will be assessed, but in case of PPE, it's assumed that background knowledge is non-existent. I might be wrong though.

Good luck!
Original post by afifridhwan95
I've been doing some intense reading on the interview process. It seems to me like they're trying to find students who fit the tutorial teaching style best. That and also academic potential of a student will be assessed, but in case of PPE, it's assumed that background knowledge is non-existent. I might be wrong though.

Good luck!

While the interviewers will definitely place emphasis on how you think rather than what you know, its important to note that different colleges will have their own styles. Some may test you on some knowledge and follow up that question with the typical tutorial style problem solving, while others may jump straight to that.

Nevertheless, its good to read up on some PPE knowledge, not only for the content, but also to familiarise yourself with the various argument styles and structure.

All the best to everyone!

SOURCE: Talked to some of my seniors who did PPE at different colleges.
Has anyone heard from St Hugh's for Economics and Management?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kevalchavda
Has anyone heard from St Hugh's for Economics and Management?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah got an interview earlier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does the TSA result you get determine whether you get an interview?
Original post by julmango
Does the TSA result you get determine whether you get an interview?

I think its taken into consideration along with all the other stuff like your A-levels, predicted grades, GCSEs, etc.
Has anybody still not received an interview yet? I haven't even gotten an email or a letter to say that I've been rejected. It's annoying not knowing anything yet :frown:
Original post by poboxobkh56
Thanks! I made an open application and was allocated to Mansfield! :smile:

Aww, that's great. I've got one at Hertford. How are you feeling about it? :smile::smile:
anyone going to PPE interview for Queen's College?
Aww, that's great. I've got one at Hertford. How are you feeling about it? :smile::smile:

Good for you! Hertford's the best for Geography, isn't it?! I'm a bit nervous, actually. But also really excited :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending