The Student Room Group

Entropy type of question

Any method for this? Haven't come across this type of question before.
Original post by TheNoobishKnight

Any method for this? Haven't come across this type of question before.

Entropy is an absolute quantity. It is also extensive.

Hence the entropy change is equal to the entropy of the products - the entropy of the reactants.
Original post by charco
Entropy is an absolute quantity. It is also extensive.

Hence the entropy change is equal to the entropy of the products - the entropy of the reactants.

When I looked on the mark scheme, first you had to divide that big number by the delta H. Then you had to do something else.

But I don't understand what you are telling here? Do you mean SP-SR?
When I looked on the mark scheme, first you had to divide that big number by the delta H. Then you had to do something else.

You divide by delta H to find the number of moles of glucose produced from that much energy, since enthalpy is in kJ/mol. You'd then want to multiply by 6 to give the number of moles of CO2. Since from the balanced equation there is 6:1 ratio of CO2:glucose. Then use the molar mass of CO2 to work out the mass taken in by the plants

Maybe it's just me but I can't actually see a question in the part about entropy ... :confused:
Original post by charco
Maybe it's just me but I can't actually see a question in the part about entropy ... :confused:

Sorry I got it now thanks to the above user.

I posted that part as it was required to work out the question.

Quick Reply

Latest