The Student Room Group

Warwick GEP (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hawflo
It's nearly December guys!!

I hate to be a killjoy but I would give it a little bit of time :smile:

Last year they didn't send Selection Centre invitations until 14 January because the sheer number of applicants caught them off guard. Things might be different this year but I wouldn't hold my breath too tightly :smile:
Reply 81
I'm being just a little premature here, but in the event of an offer for applicants who are doing a masters do you think the offer would be conditional on achieving the masters or would it just be unconditional? If it is conditional, would it be for merit/distinction or just a pass?
Original post by am1992
I'm being just a little premature here, but in the event of an offer for applicants who are doing a masters do you think the offer would be conditional on achieving the masters or would it just be unconditional? If it is conditional, would it be for merit/distinction or just a pass?

I'm not aware of anyone whose offer was conditional on their master's mark, mainly because they'd all already got bachelor's degrees. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. (I do know several people who came straight from bachelor's degree programmes whose offers were dependent on their overall bachelor's marks, though.)

By far the best person to ask would be a representative from WMS admissions; anything you get on here would just be speculation or anecdotal (that's not to say it won't be helpful, but it won;t be official if you know what I mean). I recommend giving them a call and just asking them straight up; I can't imagine anyone wouldn't give you a straight answer.
Reply 83
Original post by ranelagh75
I'm not aware of anyone whose offer was conditional on their master's mark, mainly because they'd all already got bachelor's degrees. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. (I do know several people who came straight from bachelor's degree programmes whose offers were dependent on their overall bachelor's marks, though.)

By far the best person to ask would be a representative from WMS admissions; anything you get on here would just be speculation or anecdotal (that's not to say it won't be helpful, but it won;t be official if you know what I mean). I recommend giving them a call and just asking them straight up; I can't imagine anyone wouldn't give you a straight answer.

Agreed, though perhaps save this call until after interviews have been offered/taken place
Original post by Zorg
Agreed, though perhaps save this call until after interviews have been offered/taken place

Yes, very good point. It's not worth worrying about until it's worth worrying about.
Reply 85
Original post by ranelagh75
I hate to be a killjoy but I would give it a little bit of time :smile:

Last year they didn't send Selection Centre invitations until 14 January because the sheer number of applicants caught them off guard. Things might be different this year but I wouldn't hold my breath too tightly :smile:

That's fine as no news is better than bad news.
Reply 86
Original post by hawflo
That's fine as no news is better than bad news.

Lol, pretty sure the saying goes the other way around. "Bad news is better than no news"
I'd definitely prefer bad news to no news.
Reply 87
Original post by Zorg
Lol, pretty sure the saying goes the other way around. "Bad news is better than no news"

It does but I prefer no news for now!
Original post by Zorg

You'd rather be rejected than have the chance of getting in? Wut? :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by MJK91
You'd rather be rejected than have the chance of getting in? Wut? :smile:

Not knowing =/= having a chance.

At least not in my book. I'm not a fan of waiting, I need results now!
Original post by Zorg
Not knowing =/= having a chance.

At least not in my book. I'm not a fan of waiting, I need results now!

You said you'd prefer bad news (presumably being rejected? otherwise good news?) to no news (ie still having a chance).

Nevermind :P We can all agree that we want to know right now!
What do we reckon guys?! This week or next. Slowly dying checking my emails instead of working on my dissertation.
Original post by Grad1202
What do we reckon guys?! This week or next. Slowly dying checking my emails instead of working on my dissertation.

Hopefully this week but thinking it'll probably be next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by KirstieW
Hopefully this week but thinking it'll probably be next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do wonder what's taking Warwick so long.

Their selection criteria seemed to indicate they would be applying a UKCAT cut off, and would then be asking all those who made the cut off for proof of work experience. You'd imagine that's a pretty straightforward process...
Maybe they are just delaying the whole thing, since the first interviews are being held from 16 March onwards. They probably know who they are inviting and they are rejecting.
Reply 95
Original post by Awesome_Alien
Maybe they are just delaying the whole thing, since the first interviews are being held from 16 March onwards. They probably know who they are inviting and they are rejecting.

Good point - makes sense.
Original post by JNHE
Good point - makes sense.

It's the only explanation really, it can't have taken this long to figure out their cut off.
It's the only explanation really, it can't have taken this long to figure out their cut off.

Might take a good month or so to process if everyone has relevant academics though
Original post by Grad1202
Might take a good month or so to process if everyone has relevant academics though

I suppose, but it is December now.
I suppose, but it is December now.

It's only the 2nd. I think we might here back by next week. Most unis finish next week so we will probably hearbecore then hopefully.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending