The Student Room Group

Guys, How Much Make-Up Do You Prefer Girls To Wear?

I always hear guys saying that they prefer the "natural look," but this seems to mean natural looking makeup rather than literally no make-up.

Do you find girls who wear make up more attractive?

I don't wear make-up personally, not even for special events (I was called weird at my cousin's wedding for it :frown:), though I don't have a problem getting guys, but I wonder if I would get even more attention with make up. Other girls often seem to look down on those who don't wear make up too :lol:

Scroll to see replies

I don't give a damn, I love my girlfriend a lot so if she wears make-up or no I'll find her just as attractive all the same. Of course, I encourage her not to bother like I do, but if she wants to I'm nobody to stop it.

The REAL question is however, "Guys/Dolls, how much Make-up do you prefer Boys/Girls to wear?". You're obviously white, female, cisgender, heteronormative in terms of bodily cosmetics. :////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Reply 2
Original post by Jassassino
I don't give a damn, I love my girlfriend a lot so if she wears make-up or no I'll find her just as attractive all the same. Of course, I encourage her not to bother like I do, but if she wants to I'm nobody to stop it.

The REAL question is however, "Guys/Dolls, how much Make-up do you prefer Boys/Girls to wear?". You're obviously white, female, cisgender, heteronormative in terms of bodily cosmetics. :////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

That's a good answer, I guess it doesn't matter to you then? :tongue:

I'm not white lol, Asian :lol:
Original post by Anonymous
I always hear guys saying that they prefer the "natural look," but this seems to mean natural looking makeup rather than literally no make-up.

Do you find girls who wear make up more attractive?

I don't wear make-up personally, not even for special events (I was called weird at my cousin's wedding for it :frown:), though I don't have a problem getting guys, but I wonder if I would get even more attention with make up. Other girls often seem to look down on those who don't wear make up too :lol:

Other girls look down on you??? As a girl I would praise you we don't need makeup!!!! Its great you feel confident without it!!!
Reply 4
Original post by MaddieBishop
Other girls look down on you??? As a girl I would praise you we don't need makeup!!!! Its great you feel confident without it!!!

Well, mainly a lot of the older women I work with TBH (in my current workplace, it's a very kind of cliquey environment... :tongue:) Thanks though, I notice girls my age actually seem cooler with it :smile:
Depends how ugly they are
That's a good answer, I guess it doesn't matter to you then? :tongue:

I'm not white lol, Asian :lol:

Yea, don't wear make up and are still being found attractive. You're winning lol
My taste is a more natural look. Softer tones and such.. I don't mind make-up as long as I can see you face and not a mask.
Also, I bet you have that cute look. Lucky!
Reply 7
Original post by steadmusic
Yea, don't wear make up and are still being found attractive. You're winning lol
My taste is a more natural look. Softer tones and such.. I don't mind make-up as long as I can see you face and not a mask.
Also, I bet you have that cute look. Lucky!

Thanks! :smile:

Oh, I kind of see what you mean - not much or neutral make-up? (Post a pic if you like)
Thanks! :smile:

Oh, I kind of see what you mean - not much or neutral make-up? (Post a pic if you like)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IBWTFjSJw9k/TNQGAcTOq3I/AAAAAAAAAKw/9LOMiYfgoD4/s1600/Nikita-One-Way-Tiffany-Hines-2.jpg
https://geunshinaddict.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/hyeanneyong.jpg
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/2011+G+Day+USA+Black+Tie+Gala+gFtZlWXbL6Hx.jpg

Corrective make-up? Just to even out tones/blemishes instead of creating a whole new tone.
I don't even know... Imma ask around my female friends how much they wear... This could end badly :biggrin:
Reply 9
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IBWTFjSJw9k/TNQGAcTOq3I/AAAAAAAAAKw/9LOMiYfgoD4/s1600/Nikita-One-Way-Tiffany-Hines-2.jpg
https://geunshinaddict.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/hyeanneyong.jpg
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/2011+G+Day+USA+Black+Tie+Gala+gFtZlWXbL6Hx.jpg

Corrective make-up? Just to even out tones/blemishes instead of creating a whole new tone.
I don't even know... Imma ask around my female friends how much they wear... This could end badly :biggrin:

Oh yeah, that's not much make up at all :tongue:

You could I guess lol :biggrin:
Oh yeah, that's not much make up at all :tongue:

You could I guess lol :biggrin:

Is that sarcasm I detect... Tastes like sarcasm to me :tongue:
Is that sarcasm I detect... Tastes like sarcasm to me :tongue:

No I was serious :lol: No make up expert, but it doesn't look like a lot to my unexpert eye :tongue:
No I was serious :lol: No make up expert, but it doesn't look like a lot to my unexpert eye :tongue:

Oh right! Properly need to get my palette cleansed then lol

But erm.. it's your turn now! What is your typical look?
Most guys I know say they prefer girls without make up. I hardly ever wear it on account of I can't be bothered and I'm rubbish at applying it.
The natural look means no make up. tbh i hate girls which wear excessive makeup and have more plastic than toys'r'us.
Oh right! Properly need to get my palette cleansed then lol

But erm.. it's your turn now! What is your typical look?

Your make-up palette? :rofl: I don't wear any as stated in OP.

Do you wear moisturiser or anything?

keturah
Most guys I know say they prefer girls without make up. I hardly ever wear it on account of I can't be bothered and I'm rubbish at applying it.

Yep, I've noticed different kinds of guys tend to prefer girls who do wear make up too
The natural look means no make up. tbh i hate girls which wear excessive makeup and have more plastic than toys'r'us.

Thought "the natural look" usually meant make-up that looks like steadmusic posted above? (I.e. very little etc.)

Yep, too much make up looks bad :frown:
Your make-up palette? :rofl: I don't wear any as stated in OP.

Do you wear moisturiser or anything?

Yea, I moisturise. Please, it's a necessity lol. I don't like feeling like I had all the water sucked out my body.
Reply 18
I'm also a girl and wear make.up (except foundation or anything similar to that, too much trouble I'm not willing to go through) because I like how it looks and looove appying it *heart* It's fun playing with colors and looks. In my experience, to be helpful to the thread since I couldn't help myself to comment, both go. Most of my classmates wore makeup and had great boyfriends. Some did not, but were very pretty and also got boyfriends and were very liked.

Oh, but you do have a bf so you know that :-? I suppose they'd like to look at a girl with make up more, but when it comes to the whole package things blend in toghether and it's not that important. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iama
I'm also a girl and wear make.up (except foundation or anything similar to that, too much trouble I'm not willing to go through) because I like how it looks and looove appying it *heart* It's fun playing with colors and looks. In my experience, to be helpful to the thread since I couldn't help myself to comment, both go. Most of my classmates wore makeup and had great boyfriends. Some did not, but were very pretty and also got boyfriends and were very liked.

Oh, but you do have a bf so you know that :-? I suppose they'd like to look at a girl with make up more, but when it comes to the whole package things blend in toghether and it's not that important. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's interesting, I'm always hearing about the "natural look" even on this thread :smile: Yep make up definitely seems fun though lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending