The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

This semester feels like its dragging on so much, still so much work to hand in and a tonne of revision to start.

I don't like second year :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'M FINISHED FOR CHRISTMASSSS.

And by finished, i mean screwed. I have so much revision to do for jan exams :frown:
Original post by lilGem
anyone have advice about inhalers?

As an asthmatic for almost 14 years, I can be of assistance :smile:
I think I'm over tired. Could not open my eyes until midday today and I'm still tired now. Annoying when I need to be awake and alert to do some reading.
Original post by Slowbro93
As an asthmatic for almost 14 years, I can be of assistance :smile:

thank you :h:

I got given a blue one for an ongoing cough/ throat tightening yesterday :colondollar: first one I've ever had :redface:

-----------------------------------------------------------

housemates still haven't done their friggen washing up! it's been 6 days!!
Original post by lilGem
thank you :h:

I got given a blue one for an ongoing cough/ throat tightening yesterday :colondollar: first one I've ever had :redface:

-----------------------------------------------------------

housemates still haven't done their friggen washing up! it's been 6 days!!

To make sure that you get the best use, make sure you fully breath out before taking the medication. But after a few days you should start to feel better :smile: Hope all is well :hugs:
Original post by Slowbro93
To make sure that you get the best use, make sure you fully breath out before taking the medication. But after a few days you should start to feel better :smile: Hope all is well :hugs:

Thank you :smile:
So my summer is going to consist of 6 weeks in Italy helping to improve businesses, 1 month in Shanghai working in Investment Banking, maybe a week in another IB firm and then resting for like 1 weeks before university starts again. Surely I've got enough motivation to help see me through the year!
Original post by MathsNerd1
So my summer is going to consist of 6 weeks in Italy helping to improve businesses, 1 month in Shanghai working in Investment Banking, maybe a week in another IB firm and then resting for like 1 weeks before university starts again. Surely I've got enough motivation to help see me through the year!

That sounds like an awesome summer!
Got told I have another bad mark for an essay today :frown: Really motivated to write my next three essays.... not.
Original post by Serentonin
I'M FINISHED FOR CHRISTMASSSS.

And by finished, i mean screwed. I have so much revision to do for jan exams :frown:

haha

Spoiler

Handed my notice in on Monday and I've already had 2 supervisors begging (literally) me to stay. One's going to talk to the manager to see if I can take a month off then come back at the end of January because they don't want me to go.

At least I know I do my job well! :awesome:
I have done nothing in a week due to feeling ill.
Hey guys, I thought I'd share a useful link I found... while procrastinating...

Sometimes I'm motivated by telling myself I must reach a certain number of words per day in my essays, and this website plans out such a system for you: http://pacemaker.sewillia.com/
It takes into account how many days you have, if you want to have a day for proof reading, whether you want to work less on weekends or on a particular day... It even allows you to set your pattern of work, say if you want to start big and gradually write less, or you want to build yourself up and write a bit more each day. I'm not advertising it haha but I just find it really cool and useful! Hopefully it will help some of you too!
Original post by jelly1000
Got told I have another bad mark for an essay today :frown: Really motivated to write my next three essays.... not.

Same. I got a 53 in a mock that I thought went really well but I read the question wrong. My answer would have been at least 60 if I read it right.

That's a lot of essays though. Good luck! :hugs:
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
Same. I got a 53 in a mock that I thought went really well but I read the question wrong. My answer would have been at least 60 if I read it right.

That's a lot of essays though. Good luck! :hugs:

Turns out I had a similar problem, got 50 because I got a theory 'wrong' - the guy who wrote this theory made two different comments, how am I supposed to know which is right?, otherwise he liked the essay. Sadly this isn't a mock, its the real godamned thing and its going to go down on my transcript :frown:
Turns out I had a similar problem, got 50 because I got a theory 'wrong' - the guy who wrote this theory made two different comments, how am I supposed to know which is right?, otherwise he liked the essay. Sadly this isn't a mock, its the real godamned thing and its going to go down on my transcript :frown:

That's kind of irritating. and unfair. I'm sorry. Is it heavily weighted towards your final grade?
That's kind of irritating. and unfair. I'm sorry. Is it heavily weighted towards your final grade?

Sorta, its 50% of the module and we do 6 modules.
Sorta, its 50% of the module and we do 6 modules.

Aw that's quite weighted. Sorry. :hugs:

Are you a last year?
Aw that's quite weighted. Sorry. :hugs:

Are you a last year?

Masters student.

Quick Reply

Latest