The Student Room Group

Did you go to private school?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emma:-)
I got decent grades and made some good friends along the way.
My cousin goes to a private school and isnt any better off than me and my sister.

That makes you proud?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZSHNZ
That makes you proud?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well maybe proud isnt the right word, but im sort of glad i went to a normal school rather than a private school.
Nope. I've deeply regretted my decision in recent years, mostly as I began to realise that those at decent private/grammar schools usually didn't experience the vulgar atmosphere and brutishness of my state comprehensive.

That's not to say my school is bad though. I'd definitely say my mother picked the best state school in my area when I was 11, and it's improved since then. But as of late I've begun to resent the very lazy attitude and lack of opportunities at my school compared to the local independent ones.
Original post by Alfissti
Yes.

It was an excellent experience.

What was good about it exactly? Did you have any experience of state schools or was it just private schools for you?
No, but I wish my parents were wealthy enough to send me to a private school. If I went there, I'd get at least 10 A*s at GCSE (as opposed to the 7 I think I'll get).

Oh well.
yes and absolutely hated it. Always got reprimanded for the smallest things.
Nope.
I did like it:smile: very much
Yup - loved it! :biggrin:
No. I've visited private schools on a few occasions for outreach activities and they creep me out.
still at a private school
Original post by solarplexus
Private school so fun really international - 30 different nationalities

But within a couple of years you kind of don't care where everyone's from because you're so used to them. Then it just becomes like another school...
Original post by solarplexus
Private school so fun really international - 30 different nationalities

i love your username :smile:
Original post by Baby Milo
I didn't and I'm glad I didn't.

:five:

And that wee monkey is the cutest thing!!!
Reply 54
I went to private school on a scholarship. It was good. Stopped me going off the rails like my brother, I dread to think where I'd be now if I hadn't. Plenty of people do well in state schools but I would not have been one of them, particularly due to the quality of the ones around me.
Reply 55
I went to both. State educated until 16 and privately educated during A-levels. Enjoyed both schools!
I had a massive laugh every single day at my private school. I probably would have at a regular school too, albeit not whilst at the top of Mt. Vesuvius, or skiing in Austria, or sunning myself in the south of France.
Original post by Cormac Easton
yeah whatever secretly you wish your parents invested into your education like mine. My parents care.

It's because of people like you I'm glad I didn't go to a private school.
My question for everybody!
which of you would like to have an useful friends?
My mum wants me to go to private school but my dad refused.
To be fair, my school has been pretty good and I'm currently holding three uni offers and two interviews so it clearly hasn't screwed me up too much.

Quick Reply

Latest