London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

A and F people - any news...?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hey I'm applying for Politics and International Relations, not expecting any offer but thought I may as well put it down as an option.
I got 6 A*s, 3 A's and 2 B's at GCSE
AS Results; AAAC
A- Religious Studies (100/100 in my Philosophy module)
A- History (ave. 87 ums)
A - Psychology (ave. 95 ums)
C- English Literature, don't know what happened with that exam

I'm predicted A*AA for A2, had quite a bit of work experience on my personal statement.

Anyone think I have any chance?
Original post by olivia_97
Hey I'm applying for Politics and International Relations, not expecting any offer but thought I may as well put it down as an option.
I got 6 A*s, 3 A's and 2 B's at GCSE
AS Results; AAAC
A- Religious Studies (100/100 in my Philosophy module)
A- History (ave. 87 ums)
A - Psychology (ave. 95 ums)
C- English Literature, don't know what happened with that exam

I'm predicted A*AA for A2, had quite a bit of work experience on my personal statement.

Anyone think I have any chance?

you have met the predicted requirements so obviously you have a chance depending on your personal statement.. why say stupid things like anyone think i have any chance? lol. ofcourse you do.. it just depends how strong your ps is
Original post by Dave97
Hi what were your AS grades and predicted grades - I've applied for Anthropology?

AS: AABB so not out of this world! However my predicted grades are A* A* A as my A's were quite high :smile: Did you apply for social anthropology?
Original post by Maham96
Wow congratulations! What other plaves did u apply and what grades were u predicted? :smile:

Thank you! I've also applied to Exeter, Nottingham, Manchester and Edinburgh. I am predicted A*A*A in Maths, Economics and Philosophy. Have got offers from all but Edinburgh. Hope you are also successful! :smile:
Original post by LolliesOar
AS: AABB so not out of this world! However my predicted grades are A* A* A as my A's were quite high :smile: Did you apply for social anthropology?

I applied for social anthropology and law. I got ABBB; I only wanted to be predicted AAA though. The A was very high and so were the Bs but I didn't put down my UMS :-(
Original post by lilanis
It will be fine! tell me how it went.. They are so slow at sending our offers/rejections.. I didn't get any answers apart from Cam interview yet, getting really stressed to know what they decide
do you get 12 week e-mails also?
had it today
Original post by aisha 56
do you get 12 week e-mails also?
had it today

wait what

there's 8 weeks email and then another 12 weeks email?????????????

WHAT
Original post by Mariusk03
From what I understand you get the 12 week email when they decide to wait for other applicants and then compare your application with theirs.. Not everyone gets it

wow that is load of bull *__* 2 weeks email then 8 weeks email then 12 weeks email, GG
From what I understand you get the 12 week email when they decide to wait for other applicants and then compare your application with theirs.. Not everyone gets it

Alright... can oyu tell me what is this 8 or 12 week emails?
Basically tells you at what stage in the process you are.. 8 weeks means you have the academic requirements and that they think it'll take them 8 weeks to compare you with other applicants and make a decision.. If these 8 weeks aren't enough you'll receive the 12 week email..

Wow.. it means I have to wait for 12 weeks
It isn't binding.. They might get back to you within 2 weeks, you can't know that.. It's just to give them some more time I suppose.. I'm sure you'll be fine and that the admission staff at LSE knows what they're doing

well I hope so
After that 12 week email.. I had another email which says that.. LSE is reviewing my qualifications and it will take them 2 weeks to get back to me
I'm just hoping for the best
Hold on, you received the 12 week email first?

In that case what I said is wrong.. I think whatever email you got last counts, so that would mean you're in the 2 week cycle now.. 8 week is to come after that

oh god. okey.. well that's confusing . but yeah I get it.
do they reject or make offers after the 8 week email?
Depends on your application.. Just don't worry too much I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: If you're suited for LSE you'll get an offer, if they think that you wouldn't succeed then you won't.. So let them decide on your faith, I'm sure they know their job :biggrin:

well you know.. it's hard not to be worried about it.. but i'm trying my best to hold my nerves.. what will come will come. and I will give my 100 % to make it best for me

can I ask you another question?
I've also applied to uni of Nottingham and they've emailed me a fee status assessment .
I don't know what is it and I don't know if I'm entitled to complete this assessment as I'm am a British citizen and do have the nationality also
but they "considered me a student for fee purposes"
I'm sorry but I can't answer that :smile: I'm German and have no idea what any of that means :biggrin:[/QU

ohh you're German?
but are you applying to lse?
Yep, for management :smile: Doing the IB here in Germany, so my educational background is relatively international..

well well best of luck 2 u
when did you applied?
28th of October, I'm in the third week of the 8 week mail.. Good luck to you too!

yep .. gud luck to both of us
Sent my application yesterday got the 12 week today.. now what happens??
Original post by d37zoptimistic
Sent my application yesterday got the 12 week today.. now what happens??

I got that too when I applied in october. Basically soon they'll send you the 2 week email and then they'll send you the 8 week email.
Reply 1279
Original post by Violentine
Has anyone here received an offer of Econ and Maths yet? I'm worrying like sick now, considering the fact that I applied more than 2 months ago....

I applied the same course on the 5th OCT and still have not got an offer. Don't you worry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending