The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J-SP
If the majority or around half of your grades are 2.2s you may struggle. But at the same time you have shown improvement in your final year, so it isn't so much of an issue.

Do you think the rest of your form/CV is strong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say that my module results are the biggest flaw in my applications. I like to think that on my whole my application is strong. Apart from module grades my academic results to date are strong, as mentioned. I've undertaken a variety of commercial law events at City firms throughout my degree. Equally, I've got experience in financial institutions and had positions of responsibility at university. I guess my only option is to continue submitting applications and awaiting the outcome.
Original post by Aeyrs5
Has anybody heard back from freshfields?

Had an interview on Thursday, waiting to hear back.
Original post by shmoobly
Just got invited to a video interview - but the deadline is tomorrow! Talk about last minute

Just been invited to do a video interview too, it really is last minute!
Original post by TykeDragon
yeah, on my macfarlanes app i did 250-350 words (500 allowed) for achievements and non academic interests, and 400-450 for why macfarlanes, why you etc

Yeah I found the Macfarlanes app considerably longer than other apps, there's a 500 word count for almost every question.
Original post by yytan154
Yeah I found the Macfarlanes app considerably longer than other apps, there's a 500 word count for almost every question.

Exactly, I think the closest I got to the 500 was about 430 words on the 'why are you applying to macfarlanes and what are your career ambitions' one. I did about 600 words for my cover letter, and maxed the 50 word/100 word count on the interesting part of course / work experiences respectively. i think my lowest one was about 230 out of 500 words for my other interests D: i could have written more but i would ave been waffling/repeating so i thought to be concise instead would be better! my achievements/skills questions (the other two questions) were about 350.
Original post by mrlufc3131
Had an interview on Thursday, waiting to hear back.

Original post by Aeyrs5
Has anybody heard back from freshfields?

Now received an offer :biggrin:

Congrats mate, is this for the summer vac scheme?
Original post by Kidioteque
Congrats mate, is this for the summer vac scheme?

Thanks man! It is indeed, are you applying?
Thanks man! It is indeed, are you applying?

That's quality, well done! Yeah, haven't got around to finishing the application yet though - I'd been wondering whether I should wait until term's over so that I can give it my undivided attention. The fact they've started giving out offers makes me think I ought to get a move on though...
Original post by Kidioteque
That's quality, well done! Yeah, haven't got around to finishing the application yet though - I'd been wondering whether I should wait until term's over so that I can give it my undivided attention. The fact they've started giving out offers makes me think I ought to get a move on though...

Thanks mate! I wouldn't worry too much, I do some work on campus for them and their advice has been that as long as it's done before Christmas it'll be okay - the most important thing is that it's good enough, definitely wouldn't panic yet.

Good luck!! :smile:
Thanks mate! I wouldn't worry too much, I do some work on campus for them and their advice has been that as long as it's done before Christmas it'll be okay - the most important thing is that it's good enough, definitely wouldn't panic yet.

Good luck!! :smile:

Ah okay, great - cheers for the advice, man. Congratulations again :smile:
Reply 391
Hi everyone! I was wondering whether I should include in the work section of my applications for TC that I have been selected for a winter VS, although I haven't commenced it yet?! Obviously, I wouldn't be able to give much of a description...would it be best to not included it at all in those app that I will send off before my schemes ends? Thanks!

Congrats! Is your vac scheme in August as well?
Original post by Horse273
Congrats! Is your vac scheme in August as well?

Thank you! Yes it is, see you there?! :biggrin:
Invited to Linklaters assessment centre. Has anyone been?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! Yes it is, see you there?! :biggrin:

Haha brilliant yes I'm on the August one too :cool:
Original post by Horse273
Haha brilliant yes I'm on the August one too :cool:

Sweeeeet, congrats!
Anyone heard back about Freshfields Winter Workshops?!
Anyone heard back from Baker & McKenzie post telephone interview?
Reply 399
Has anyone heard from Slaughter and May summer vac scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending