The Student Room Group

Have you ever cheated in an exam?

I just wanna read some of your experiences...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zeetingman
I just wanna read some of your experiences...

Not really, if I did that I wouldn't be able to cope with the guilt. Some years ago (in a not particularly important test) I bent the rules every so slightly and felt awful for months.
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile
Not really, if I did that I wouldn't be able to cope with the guilt. Some years ago (in a not particularly important test) I bent the rules every so slightly and felt awful for months.

Ouch...I did once cheat in an english exam. It was a reading paper, the teacher said we can carry on the exam next lesson. So I memorised the exam's name and researched it and found the mark scheme then memorised the answers. Many people did this, many got caught. I luckily wasn't one of them. I didn't feel guilty at all.
Reply 3
Nope.
Reply 4
Original post by flibber
I can't remember cheating in an exam, but I did blatantly break exam conditions several times, and got away with it. The exam took place in a classroom instead of the hall because of a last minute room change, and the examiner was the rather incompetent music assistant.

Soon, people were complaining of an ambiguous question in the exam paper. He said just 'write what you think is right', but then everyone started to talk. He said 'exam conditions', but even he laughed at he said it, so people (myself included) started making jokes. Towards the end, one person even shouted the answer to a question, and got away with it. Several people were also looking up the answers to the questions on their phones.

I mentioned this to one of my music teachers (I had four, by the way), and he asked who the examiner was. I said it was the assistant, and my teacher said something along the lines of 'I shall have a word with him'.

That was in the summer of Year 10. Now I'm in the first term of Year 11, and that assistant is a frequent invigilator for my Mock GCSEs. He's always strict about maintaining exam rules- saying things like "Simply coming one or two minutes before the exam starts is not acceptable!". I assume my music teacher must have told him off after my Year 10 exam, which is why he's become stricter.

Yeah it quite annoying when you see other people cheating. Apparently people that frequently go to the toilet are often the cheaters they look up the mark scheme on their phone in the toilets :/
Reply 5
Original post by flibber
Are you still allowed to do that nowadays? Shouldn't they tell everyone to go to the toilet (if they need to) before the exam?

I think if you have a medical note you can go toilet in an Exam.
Original post by Zeetingman
I think if you have a medical note you can go toilet in an Exam.

You don't need a medical note to go to the toilet, they'll stop letting you go after two times though I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by flibber
Do people usually go to the lengths to forge notes so they can type up the answers to the questions in the toilet?

Yup, ive seen many that have done it.
Reply 8
Original post by flibber
I should do the same for my Physics exams next June :biggrin:

Learn new things everyday :tongue:
Reply 9
Wouldn't feel guilty at all, just don't want to risk it getting caught in an official exam.

Also, used to cheat lower down secondary school in end of term exams etc... kind've pointless really, as all they're there to do is highlight what you don't really know.
I've never cheated in a real exam, no.
i know this is not answering the OP's question but a phone went off in one of my exams. It was suspicious.
Reply 12
Year 6 spelling tests
Original post by Petick
Year 6 spelling tests

LOL!
Not an important exam. Maybe a vocab test. Then I felt really guilty about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Perhaps once in a weekly Latin vocab test in year 9, but no not ever since.
All the time in KS3 particularly in subjects I didn't like. But never in a real exam.
So no ones written out their language writing exam in their dictionaries to use in the exam?
Aahaha not that I have aaha lol ha
Can't say an exam but a guy on the course I am on got his friend to pass him all his old work (Which was distinction grade) and this guy has been copying off it for now 2 months but he got caught FINALLY! (Cheating scumbag) and he's been removed.

#CheatsNeverProsper

But me personally no way it's way to easy to get caught.
Original post by stoltguyboo
Can't say an exam but a guy on the course I am on got his friend to pass him all his old work (Which was distinction grade) and this guy has been copying off it for now 2 months but he got caught FINALLY! (Cheating scumbag) and he's been removed.

#CheatsNeverProsper

But me personally no way it's way to easy to get caught.

I agree although I have cheated many time and haven't been caught...

Quick Reply