The Student Room Group

Weapon Systems Operator - re-appying

Good evening all,

Having noticed the RAF Recruitment website has had a major overhaul; I was gazing through the Aircrew roles and noticed a few requirements have changed for WSOp;

'Waivers will be considered for candidates with a GCSE C grade in maths on a case by case basis'

Now, my eyes certainly widened on reading this as I fall within the grade C GCSE Maths catergory.

I appreciate that ref. the waivering side its case by case; but has anyone recently applied for the role with a grade C and been accepted? Does anyone know what could 'waiver' your application to a big green tick?

In Sep 2010, I applied for WSOp - to cut a long story short didn't make it, been working in Air Traffic Control ever since; but deep down, the Mil life - particularly Aircrew is the lifestyle I want.

Any help would be, as always, greatly appreciated.

P.S I know asking this on here doesn't substitute for asking the RAF Recruitment dep; but seeing as they're closed I thought Id ask here first.

Any
Since asking - I've had an email from RAF Recruitment stating I can apply with a GCSE grade C or above.

Cheers.
Reply 2
Original post by 0902
Since asking - I've had an email from RAF Recruitment stating I can apply with a GCSE grade C or above.

Cheers.

Good news for you - let us know how it goes!

Quick Reply

Latest