The Student Room Group

Did you go to private school?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Viva Emptiness
I had a massive laugh every single day at my private school. I probably would have at a regular school too, albeit not whilst at the top of Mt. Vesuvius, or skiing in Austria, or sunning myself in the south of France.

:lol:

We've been to France multiple times, mainland Italy multiple times (including skiing), Sicily, Malaysia & Borneo, Iceland, among others.

State schools aren't all bad lol
Nope I go to an all girls grammar school :wink: I think the schooling is just as good as a private school or perhaps even better!
I go to a Public School. Not sure about Private Schools, kind of seem like knockoffs.
Original post by Planckton
:lol:

We've been to France multiple times, mainland Italy multiple times (including skiing), Sicily, Malaysia & Borneo, Iceland, among others.

State schools aren't all bad lol

People in Public Schools perceive State Schools as a lot worse then they are. I know because I go to a Public School. :P.
Original post by saratheawesome
Nope I go to an all girls grammar school :wink: I think the schooling is just as good as a private school or perhaps even better!

I think the whole point of a Public School is that they are meant to give you rounded-ness, not just the education. Some grammar schools massively outperform Public Schools...
Nope, I went to state primaries and a state comp the first year of secondary.

However my current school (state grammar with a capital fee only) has a private pre-prep/prep-school which looks great. One of my brothers is about to be govt. funded for a private special needs school and it's incredible, though of course it's sad that many state special schools aren't even on it's level bc very few children get funded.
I did in secondary school. They basically make the lessons really long (2 hours for me, finish at 4) and intense so that you get a lot covered. We also had to pay for like exams and textbooks. To be honest I hated it there. But that's just me :frown:
Reply 67
As a state-schooler I think that it really does depend on the school. I've been fortunate enough to have a decent state school that caters for me as well as my London cousins, who, despite having expensive education, have not performed as well as my siblings and me.
Nope. I went to bog standard comprehensive (as Alistair Campbell once said).
I've always gone to private schools and have on two contents
Reply 70
all girls independent school. Some of the teachers aren't the best to be fair, but the opportunities are amazing, and the reason most chose public schools compared to state schools
No, state grammar.
I think as long as you do your best, it doesn't matter what school you're at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I didn't and I won't send my children to one. To be honest. I think that they shouldn't be allowed. I have no issue with people who go there/ send their children there. However, I resent the fact that you can so outwardly buy opportunity for your children in the 21st century. I also think that only allowing children to know people of a similar class and background (and sometimes gender) is a bizarre thing to do.
Excuse my left wing politics. :P
State school, innit.
Yes I did, an all girls one!
I went to a state primary school though and was teased by my state school friends in year 6 because they assumed that I'd turn into a snob, which I didn't! I enjoyed both state and private education.
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by rainbowclare
I didn't and I won't send my children to one. To be honest. I think that they shouldn't be allowed. I have no issue with people who go there/ send their children there. However, I resent the fact that you can so outwardly buy opportunity for your children in the 21st century. I also think that only allowing children to know people of a similar class and background (and sometimes gender) is a bizarre thing to do.
Excuse my left wing politics. :P

No, because then our already bankrupt government has to cough up more money to pay for more kids to go to state schools on top of those brought here by mass immigration!

As for me, I'm still at a private school. I was watching something about private schools about 30 minutes ago lol. Mine is nothing like that, or at least in my friends group we're nothing like that. I actually have a massive dislike of the OTT snobbery you get in Southern private schools, but coming from Yorkshire up in t' north - we're cool :smile:.
Original post by El-Presidente
No, because then our already bankrupt government has to cough up more money to pay for more kids to go to state schools on top of those brought here by mass immigration.

Then, perhaps those who earn enough to spend £10000 a year on each of their children's educations should pay more tax? Mass immigration is a whole other issue but you should remember that it improves our GDP.
Yes, with a scholarship and bursairy

Quick Reply

Latest