The Student Room Group

Would You Date Someone With A Tattoo?

Are girls with tattoos (even small ones) seen as less attractive? May be thinking of getting one x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Sulpha
Depends where and what it was.

Generally I tend to find them unattractive on women, but it wouldn't be enough to put me off dating her if it were minor.

Something to do with my favourite bands. On my arms probably, maybe covering one forearm
I think they're pretty attractive in some cases, so yeah sure, especially if it has a meaning to them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, but there is an exception.
The tattoo can be visible, but it can't be amazingly big.
Reply 4
Original post by inachigeek21
Yeah, but there is an exception.
The tattoo can be visible, but it can't be amazingly big.

How big is "amazingly"?
If it was a subtle, small one then yeah - it's quite nice actually. Bigger tattoos on arms or back etc. wouldn't put me off completely if I really liked the girl.

Only if it gets pretty extreme when it's all over complete with piercings and stuff....maybe not then
Reply 6
Original post by Alleykat606
If it was a subtle, small one then yeah - it's quite nice actually. Bigger tattoos on arms or back etc. wouldn't put me off completely if I really liked the girl.

Only if it gets pretty extreme when it's all over complete with piercings and stuff....maybe not then

Oh right yeah Im not going crazy. I have a "punky" style anyway though which I guess some guys dont like (no piercings though)
Reply 7
Original post by Катя
I'm guessing my opinion won't be as relevant to you, because I'm a girl, but I love girls with tattoos so so much. :colone:

To be brutally honest though, if your tattoo decision is that influenced by "will I get laid later", then you shouldn't be getting one at all - they're something you do for yourself, not for other people.

For what it's worth, I have a large-ish tattoo on my left shoulder and that has never been an "issue" - if anything, people tell me it's beautiful, and even if they didn't, it doesn't matter, the tattoo is for me first and foremost.

I'm not getting a tattoo to get laid later/for other people...

That's nice, lots of people fronw upon tattoos though :s-smilie:
Reply 8
Original post by Sulpha
That's what I said. I'm saying you're just curious as most people would be.

The other poster is a fairly hardcore feminist from posts I've seen her involved in the past and tried to put you down for potentially wanting to please other men, which you weren't doing.

Yeah I know you were agreeing, thanks btw :smile:
Reply 9
It would put me off if it was one of the first things I noticed. If I noticed it later then I still probably wouldn't like it but I'd overlook it. 99.9999% of tattoos look awful imo so they just instantly put me off.
Original post by xDave-
It would put me off if it was one of the first things I noticed. If I noticed it later then I still probably wouldn't like it but I'd overlook it. 99.9999% of tattoos look awful imo so they just instantly put me off.

Which ones don't look awful? :redface:
Original post by Катя
I'm guessing my opinion won't be as relevant to you, because I'm a girl, but I love girls with tattoos so so much. :colone:

To be brutally honest though, if your tattoo decision is that influenced by "will I get laid later", then you shouldn't be getting one at all - they're something you do for yourself, not for other people.

For what it's worth, I have a large-ish tattoo on my left shoulder and that has never been an "issue" - if anything, people tell me it's beautiful, and even if they didn't, it doesn't matter, the tattoo is for me first and foremost.

Original post by Anonymous
Just to clarify I am not getting a tattoo to make guys like me more :s-smilie: asking if guys dislike them (hence I might not get one) is not quite the same..

I think the point may be that if the opinions of other would affect your decision either way (whether to get one due to a positive general consensus, or to not get one due to a negative general consensus) you probably shouldn't get one.
Reply 12
To be blunt : I find them unattractive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Audi
To be blunt : I find them unattractive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries, even the small ones?

I have a kind of "punky" style as well generally (no piercings etc. but I wear a lot of doc martens, leather jackets etc.), is that OK?
Reply 14
Which ones don't look awful? :redface:

Dunno, can't think of any examples. I just remember that there has been a few occasions where I've liked how they look. I do think they suit black people better; the contrast with the skin is lower and they're more subtle.

And well, not only does how it looks matter, but also the thought process behind it. I don't mean to belittle your idea but I don't think a band tattoo is a very good idea. I've gotten bored of every band I've ever listened to, so I wouldn't be too pleased if I had one of their logos on my arm now. Maybe you're not the same as me, but who knows what you'll be like in 5-10 years?

A lot of people seem to rush out and get tattoos the second they can, and lots of them seem to spend about 10 minutes researching a design and then get that tattooed on them for the rest of their life. A tattoo says a lot about you imo, and something like a band tattoo just says you're impulsive or make poor long-term decisions to me. But the opposite is true and some tattoos can imply positive qualities. Though, what you can read into a tattoo is the person they were when they got the tattoo, not the person they are now.

I would just say think about it a lot more first. Also, think about what you'd like rather than what other people would like - though you do have to think about tattoos from a professional standpoint.
Hell yes on a guy, as long as it isn't a swastika or something..

But too many would be a no, and any really tacky or badly done ones.

No worries, even the small ones?

I have a kind of "punky" style as well generally (no piercings etc. but I wear a lot of doc martens, leather jackets etc.), is that OK?

I think it'd look cool but for gods sake please promise me you're not going to get a mainstream 'teenage girl' tattoo.. for example, the infinity symbol, swallows on the wrist, etc etc...
They really grind my gears.
Just to clarify I am not getting a tattoo to make guys like me more :s-smilie: asking if guys dislike them (hence I might not get one) is not quite the same..

Yeah I know, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear - my point was that, trust me, unless your tattoo is incredibly cringe / badly done or something, it will not be a "hinderance" to your love life. I've never known anyone, ever, with a well done tattoo, who's been generally disliked by the opposite sex purely bc of their tattoo (even though if TSR / the internet is anything to go by, tattooed girls are disliked by all the men ever)

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends on where it is and what it depicts, but probably.
Probably. My Uncle is a tattoo artist and has slightly stretched ears so I'm pretty used to it. Although I can't deal with facial tattoos etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unless it was of an ex-lover's name or on their face then sure, why not :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending