The Student Room Group

What does this meaaaan???

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1417551887.866347.jpg

The "placement offered"

Posted from TSR Mobile
It means you can go on a one-year placement in industry in the middle of your course.
Reply 2
Original post by loperdoper
It means you can go on a one-year placement in industry in the middle of your course.

What is a placement in industry? Like working in a company or something? Thanks so much! Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SilviaRG
What is a placement in industry? Like working in a company or something? Thanks so much! Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, you'll be put with an organisation relating to your course (my friend's brother did a chemistry-related course, and got put in a chocolate factory).

I believe you may get paid during your placement, but I'm not sure on that.
Reply 4
Yes, you'll be put with an organisation relating to your course (my friend's brother did a chemistry-related course, and got put in a chocolate factory).

I believe you may get paid during your placement, but I'm not sure on that.

Wow! That's great! And would it be as a part time job and simultaneously continuing with the course? Or like that year is dedicated on working for the organization? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SilviaRG
Wow! That's great! And would it be as a part time job and simultaneously continuing with the course? Or like that year is dedicated on working for the organization? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your course would be 4 years as opposed to 3 years (or if you've chosen an integrated Master's, it would be 5 years instead of 4). I believe after the second year, you have an entire year away from the university on the placement.

I haven't really looked into it to be honest, I would recommend looking at the university's page (Brunel?) and emailing them for more information.
Reply 6
Your course would be 4 years as opposed to 3 years (or if you've chosen an integrated Master's, it would be 5 years instead of 4). I believe after the second year, you have an entire year away from the university on the placement.

I haven't really looked into it to be honest, I would recommend looking at the university's page (Brunel?) and emailing them for more information.

Wow you're awesome haha thanks! U new it was brunel good job!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending