The Student Room Group

Maths A grade questions please help!!!

A room has four walls measuring 4.0m by 3.5m and a ceiling measuring 5.0m by 4.5m. The house-owner wants to repaint the room with two coats of paint on all the walls and on the ceiling. The shop sells 5.0 litre tins of paint which will cover an area of 100m2. How many tins of paint will the house-owner need?

When a solid object is submerged in water, the water is not compressed. Instead, a volume of water equal to the volume of the solid is pushed aside, or “displaced”.

An iron ball with a radius of 5.5 cm is gently lowered into a tank of water, the upper surface of which is level with an over-flow pipe. As the ball is submerged, the displaced water pours into a collecting jar, which has an inner radius of 1.5 cm. Calculate the height of water collected in the collecting jar.

A cone has a radius (r) of 5.0mm and a height (h) of 12.0mm. (a) Use Pythagoras’ Theorem
S2 = h2 + r2 to calculate the length of the slopping side S. (b) Calculate the surface area of the cone. (c) Calculate the volume of the cone. Give you answer (i) in mm2 and (ii) in m2.

Calculate (a) the volume of the Earth, and (b) the surface area of the Earth, given that the radius of the Earth is 6400 km.

A spherical drop of oil 0.5 mm in diameter is allowed to fall onto a water surface. The molecules of the oil have an adhesive property so that they spread out over the water to create a circular monomolecular film ( a film one molecule thick ). The diameter of this film is 98.6 cm. Use this information to estimate the thickness of one molecule.

Thank you!!!
This isn't a "do my homework for me" site
Try showing what working you have done and explain what you are having a problem with

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
This isn't a "do my homework for me" site
Try showing what working you have done and explain what you are having a problem with

Posted from TSR Mobile

No need to be so rude. He may just be asking for advice on how to approach each question...

Quick Reply

Latest