The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophierachael
Yeah I did :smile:

And congrats! I got a conditional offer from Surrey for Biovet which I was chuffed with and didn't need an interview for.. wasn't expecting that to say the least haha!

Where are you applying from then? :smile:

India. Although it's getting much better, people generally only want to go in courses which are recognized and respected rather than what they would want to do or be good at.
Original post by ABC05

Just done your survey by the way - really interesting topic :smile: What made you choose it? My dog is neutered, but he is still as mad as ever :biggrin: At least this means he'll never be able to create even madder versions of himself...hopefully...

Haha thanks for doing my survey. Well I wanted to do something vetty and I wasn't sure what to do, so I looked at the list of topics the lecturers publish every year (which we can choose from if we don't have any ideas of what we want to do) and my topic was one of the options, so I decided to go for it because it seemed pretty interesting :smile:

Crazy pets are the best. My cat treats me like crap. She hates being touched and doesn't sit on anyone's lap, and she basically only likes my mum :tongue: Despite that, I still love her to bits... aah, the joys of unrequited love.
Original post by jenni87
Any graduate applicants heard anything yet?

I'm a graduate applicant and i've got interviews at Surrey and RVC :smile:
I have an update. I have a non scottish friend who's got an interview at Edinburgh. She's applying for the graduate programme though, so i'm not sure if that makes a difference.
Reply 4144
Original post by alwaysalex
Biological sciences at Edinburgh :smile:

same here!
Original post by VETwannabe
I'm a graduate applicant and i've got interviews at Surrey and RVC :smile:

I've not applied at either of those! :frown: Starting to get nervous now! What have you done before?
Original post by Ann_he
same here!

Awesome! I really loved Edinburgh (the uni and the city!) so it seemed the obvious place for me to apply to for my 5th. Let me know when you hear something!
Hey! I have also applied for the veterinary medicine as an undergraduate applicant for 2015. Has anybody heard from glasgow or nottingham as an international student?
Original post by aspiredvet
Hey! I have also applied for the veterinary medicine as an undergraduate applicant for 2015. Has anybody heard from glasgow or nottingham as an international student?

I haven't heard from Glasgow yet though I know some international people have.
Nottingham hasn't invited anybody yet but they're going to start pretty soon I think.
Anyone going to Surrey next week (Weds 10th Dec 2014) for an interview? It's only one week now, I'm so nervous!!!
Reply 4150
Sorry to keep asking I just don't want to get it wrong, but does rvc want a photocopy of our passport as well as photocopies of certificates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0802
Sorry to keep asking I just don't want to get it wrong, but does rvc want a photocopy of our passport as well as photocopies of certificates?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what it says :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VETwannabe
Haha thanks for doing my survey. Well I wanted to do something vetty and I wasn't sure what to do, so I looked at the list of topics the lecturers publish every year (which we can choose from if we don't have any ideas of what we want to do) and my topic was one of the options, so I decided to go for it because it seemed pretty interesting :smile:

Crazy pets are the best. My cat treats me like crap. She hates being touched and doesn't sit on anyone's lap, and she basically only likes my mum :tongue: Despite that, I still love her to bits... aah, the joys of unrequited love.

Crap I forgot to share your survey sorry. Will do it when I get home today. If its fine for non UK people to do it then I'll put it on Tumblr too, I have lots of animally followers on there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aspiredvet

I have an interview with Glasgow next week in one of their international bases (international students represent!). Don't know about local students. Anyone else gonna be in one of the international bases?
Anybody else on the January 21st Edinburgh Interview day? :yay: :yay:
Original post by fifelife
Anybody else on the January 21st Edinburgh Interview day? :yay: :yay:

MEEEEEE :biggrin: where are you applying from?
Reply 4156
Original post by alwaysalex
Awesome! I really loved Edinburgh (the uni and the city!) so it seemed the obvious place for me to apply to for my 5th. Let me know when you hear something!

I already received a conditional offer from Edinburgh on biological sciences!
Original post by possiblevet
I have an interview with Glasgow next week in one of their international bases (international students represent!). Don't know about local students. Anyone else gonna be in one of the international bases?

haven't heard anything from Glasgow. international student here :frown:
when did they send you the invitation if you don't mind me asking?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ann_he
I already received a conditional offer from Edinburgh on biological sciences!

Oh wow congrats! I was under the impression that Edinburgh didn't send out decisions until after the January deadline.
Original post by regsyl
MEEEEEE :biggrin: where are you applying from?

I'm an international student, but I'm living in Scotland at the moment. Where are you applying from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending