The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nnuunnuu
I remember someone posting a link to the bands (from last year) a couple of weeks ago.. Imperial usually gives out about 600 interviews so maybe Imperial knew that those applicants with average BMAT and strong applications will definitely be invited as maybe not many people made the cut-off in all the sections..

People who got the invites on the student room all have 4.6+ in sections 1 and 2, and 3B+ in section 3, but till now no one with a very high BMAT score has said anything about getting an interview so it makes sense to assume that imperial started from band 3

No logic in interviewing band 3 first as it would be unfair and a waste of interview time as most would get rejected. My bmat is 7.2 7.2 and 4.5a and I received the email as well.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Nnuunnuu
I remember someone posting a link to the bands (from last year) a couple of weeks ago.. Imperial usually gives out about 600 interviews so maybe Imperial knew that those applicants with average BMAT and strong applications will definitely be invited as maybe not many people made the cut-off in all the sections..

People who got the invites on the student room all have 4.6+ in sections 1 and 2, and 3B+ in section 3, but till now no one with a very high BMAT score has said anything about getting an interview so it makes sense to assume that imperial started from band 3

But tsr is not representative of everyone. Just because we dont know of any high bmat scorers who got interviews on tsr, doesnt mean there arent any...
to start from band 3 defies logic. Why would u start by handing out interviews to the lower end of bmat scorers rather than the higher end?! They must be taking into account other factors with more weight than previous yrs (eg GCSE, AS, A2 (predicted or completed, ps and reference). or mayb its cuz avg bmat scores to imperial have fallen by aloottt since previous yrs, but its highly unlikely they will fall by this much. The only standing thing that makes sense is the fact that imperial are using other parts of the application with a greater weight. If this starting from band 3 has actually happened then imperial have lost their mind...
(I haven't got an interview but my other stats were quite gd (bmat i got 4.6 5.4 3A :frown: ) and my reference i think was gd, ps im not so sure abt)
anyways, lets c wt the email from imperial says l8r on!
Original post by Master219
Congrats on the interview!

Yh they must be, they cant be that much lower can they?! I got 4.6 5.4 3A and im left hanging... Mayb its ps cuz my AS/predicted A2/gcse's were quite gd...

What are ur other stats like, if u dont mind me asking?

And gd luck!!

thanks, then again cutoffs last year were not extremely low, 4.5 4.6 2.5B so not too bad.

my stats are
GCSE 12A*2A
AS-4 As
A2 predicted A*AA

what about you?
Original post by Lucky121
thanks, then again cutoffs last year were not extremely low, 4.5 4.6 2.5B so not too bad.

my stats are
GCSE 12A*2A
AS-4 As
A2 predicted A*AA

what about you?

Wow ur GCSE's r rllyy gd!! (im guessing u applied to oxford?). Mine r:
GCSE - 7A* 3A
AS - AAAA (bio chem phys maths)
predicted A2 - A*A*A*A*
BMAT - 4.6 5.4 3A

:frown: no interview yet :frown:
Hey guys I got the fixed email!! Legit interview invite!
Just got my interview confirmed, it was legit yesterday :tongue:
Original post by usycool1
Just got my interview confirmed, it was legit yesterday :tongue:

Congratulations!!!

If u dont mind me asking, what was ur bmat score/other stats?

Gd luck with interview btw!!
Original post by Master219
Congratulations!!!

If u dont mind me asking, what was ur bmat score/other stats?

Gd luck with interview btw!!

BMAT is very mediocre: 4.6, 4.6, 3A (did much worse than expected :shakecane:).

A-Levels (achieved): A*A*A*AAA
GCSEs: 8A*s, 3A's

Hey mate just out of curiosity, when you do the online survey thingy what dates are available to you to choose from?

Congrats! When is the interview..this month or next year?

Wooooow A levels!!!! Im not surprised u got an interview lol!
Original post by ninetyeightfour
Congrats! When is the interview..this month or next year?

They give you from dec-mar every Tuesday and wemesday
Original post by Thurga13
They give you from dec-mar every Tuesday and wemesday

Congrats! It looks like interviews by banding is no more. It appears as long as you meet the minimum bmat requirements you get an interview. If you don't mind me asking what were your stats?
ITS LEGIT!!!!!! So so happy
Congrats! It looks like interviews by banding is no more. It appears as long as you meet the minimum bmat requirements you get an interview. If you don't mind me asking what were your stats?

Np
as - 4a
gcse - 6a*4a
bmat - 5.1 4.6 3b
ton of wrk experience + volunteering
good reference
:biggrin:

:frown: I got 4.6 5.4 3A so im guessing i met the requirements but :frown: they havnt said anything to me yet... :frown:
Np
as - 4a
gcse - 6a*4a
bmat - 5.1 4.6 3b
ton of wrk experience + volunteering
good reference
:biggrin:

Predicted - A*A*A
Predicted - A*A*A

Nice! Good luck with the interview!
Lol got the broken email yesterday, and today got the legit email but the link says the survey is closed...
Reply 179
Guys is the link working for anyone!?!? I tried to book an interview but it said "this survey has been removed"

And I just called up admissions and they said they screwed it up again and there's a chance we don't actually have an interview :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending