The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by madl24903
Any tips for the FSAC guys?!

My best advice is to try and relax. Remember that the staff are trying to help you to get all of the information across to prove you meet the competencies, so being relaxed in conversation with them really helped me.

Likewise, I found talking to the other candidates before we started the exercises really helped to keep calm and focused, and made things easier in the group exercise.

Good luck!
Original post by frankers1088
Just found out I passed the FSAC!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

same here, congratulations!
Original post by marksmith888

Yay! Well done! Which stream have you applied for? I'm on the Social Research one
Reply 1243
Original post by marksmith888

Just found out I passed the FSAC!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congrats to both of you!
Well done to all of those who passed today!
Hi everyone. I've reached the E-Tray stage. Just a quick question: are applicants still re-tested for the Verbal and Numerical reasoning tests?

I know that this used to happen two years ago. Just wondering if anyone knew when the re-tests would take place.
In all previous years they have been re-tested, two years ago (or more) this happened at the E-Tray centre, now the E-Tray is online that obviously can't happen anymore. Last year they did it at the FSAC but it made the day ridiculously long so I've heard rumours that they aren't retesting them this year. Perhaps they will do some random retests?
Yay! Well done! Which stream have you applied for? I'm on the Social Research one

the GES :smile:
Congratulations to everyone who passed! It's encouraging to hear the results come out so soon.
Has anyone got results who had FSAC on Wednesday last week?
I was there last Thursday and found out yesterday that I had passed - Social Research stream.
I had an ac last Wednesday and I found out yesterday. I emailed parity yesterday and they said if we didn't hear in the next couple of days we'd be waiting until December or January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LucyJane
I had an ac last Wednesday and I found out yesterday. I emailed parity yesterday and they said if we didn't hear in the next couple of days we'd be waiting until December or January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good to know, still not that long but it would be nice to know before Christmas!

Did you pass?
Original post by clover1987
That's good to know, still not that long but it would be nice to know before Christmas!

Did you pass?

Sadly I didn't :frown: hope you hear some good news soon though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LucyJane
Sadly I didn't :frown: hope you hear some good news soon though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you get some useful feedback to help you with other applications.
Original post by RachelDLSE
I was there last Thursday and found out yesterday that I had passed - Social Research stream.

Well done Rachel! I've also passed for GSR! Not to get through the moutnain of HR forms :s-smilie: Which locations did you put as your preferences in the application?
Reply 1256
I think there is a new wave of results for e-trays. Just got an answer back for EFS!
Congrats to everyone that passed.

Any advice for the written section of the e-tray exercise?
Question for those that already had their FSAC: what is the written part of the group exercise about? I seem to find very little information about it! What competencies are they testing in that part?
Original post by keksainis
Question for those that already had their FSAC: what is the written part of the group exercise about? I seem to find very little information about it! What competencies are they testing in that part?

I felt the same before I went; I had no idea what to expect. But, it's actually a straightforward continuation of the group discussion. I can't give too much detail, but your discussions in the group and your own understanding of the materials provide the information required to complete the written exercise. I believe you are assessed on the same competencies for the group discussion part and the written part.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending