The Student Room Group

Will It Be 'Sexual Harassment' To Hand A Guy At My Job A Note With My Number ?

So one day a week I intern in finance at a company across the floor there is the cutest guy in Marketing :smile:

He is so beaut. I always catch him starting at me and we have eye contact multiple times a day.

I want him

My firm isn't the type where people really talk to each other so I'm wondering whether I should discreetly put a note with my number on it in his hand (maybe at the Christmas party) or just hand it to him ☺️

Is this an absolutely awful idea?

TSR, what are the bad things that could happen?

I hope he doesn't have a girlfriend

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
What's stopping you talking to him at the Christmas party?
Reply 2
Original post by CRW1996
What's stopping you talking to him at the Christmas party?

I'm shy :-(

Also I want this to be discreet
Reply 3
As long as you don't pinch his ass or stick your tongue down his throat whilst handing the paper. You should be good.
of course its not harassment. its realy cute go for it.
Reply 5
Not unless handing a note falls under the category of 'sexual'
Yes, it would be sexual harassment.

The most likely outcome is that he will stagger, traumatised by the ordeal, to one of his superiors and lodge a formal complaint.

As he rocks to and fro, pale and wide-eyed, he will be cloaked in a comfort blanket and the company psychiatrist sent for to make the first assessments about the effects of the incident and what treatment plan would be best.

Once he has been seen to, the company will inform the police. Since it is a matter of such seriousness, the chances are that you will be arrested within the next twenty-four hours. You will be charged not long after, and upon conviction will receive a sentence of around fifteen years in prison. While in prison, your fellow inmates will be so reviled by the horror of your crime that they will not only isolate you but actively disrupt your happiness and even endanger your welfare.

You will be released within ten years if you are lucky, but on release the world will quickly reveal itself to be another kind of prison as you realise all of the career ambitions you had set your sights on are now barred from you because of your appearance on the sexual offender register.

You make enquiries about the location of the former colleague who you had previously harassed, and learn that for as long as you have been in prison he has been treated in a high-security mental hospital. You visit him, but he does not recognise you; in fact, he doesn't seem conscious of anything at all, sitting motionless for hours on end staring out of a window.

All resentment subsided, you are thankful for what freedoms you still have, and go on your way a happier woman.
"I want him"

Damn its so sexy when girls are upfront like that , drives me wild.

Do it OP , or maybe asking "do you have facebook" is more casual and doesn't give the game away ? ( I know girls hate that )
(edited 9 years ago)
If you're going to an Xmas party together, strike up a convo then. If you don't have the balls, find some. You don't have to put yourself out there, just talk to him.

IMO, putting your number on a piece of paper is quite cute, and I don't think any bloke worth your time is going to take it to an industrial tribunal, but yeah, it's nearly Xmas, everyone's cheerful.. perfect opportunity!

G'luck.
Reply 9
Original post by Nigella
I'm shy :-(

Also I want this to be discreet

You will have the best chance if you start a convo. Also you may realise you don't like his personality as much as you expected.
I'm struggling to see how this could ever be sexual harassment... :confused:

The Christmas party is going to be your best chance, it's probably best to talk to him, because then you will get over the nerves and you may even establish whether he has a girlfriend or not.

Also, as someone said you'll get a better idea of his personality... Everyone shows their true colours at Christmas party's. ..Then you can decide if you still want to give him your number? Just don't do it if he is drunk, because, obviously it won't have the desired effect.

Good Luck OP and I hope it goes well! :smile:
It's not sexual harassment because you're not coaxing him into anything.

It could be if you say, wrote 'here's my number 02853399956, if you don't call me within three days I will castrate your penis'.

That would also be an attempt to griveous bodily harm.

Source: Wow, law is paying off.
Man I'd love it if a girl did that. I'd think she was awesome. Go for it.
Original post by Nigella
So one day a week I intern in finance at a company across the floor there is the cutest guy in Marketing :smile:

He is so beaut. I always catch him starting at me and we have eye contact multiple times a day.

I want him

My firm isn't the type where people really talk to each other so I'm wondering whether I should discreetly put a note with my number on it in his hand (maybe at the Christmas party) or just hand it to him ☺️

Is this an absolutely awful idea?

TSR, what are the bad things that could happen?

I hope he doesn't have a girlfriend

Posted from TSR Mobile

A man is not an object for you to lust over. Objectification is wrong.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec
A man is not an object for you to lust over. Objectification is wrong.

Oh, go away.
Original post by Birkenhead
Yes, it would be sexual harassment.

The most likely outcome is that he will stagger, traumatised by the ordeal, to one of his superiors and lodge a formal complaint.

As he rocks to and fro, pale and wide-eyed, he will be cloaked in a comfort blanket and the company psychiatrist sent for to make the first assessments about the effects of the incident and what treatment plan would be best.

Once he has been seen to, the company will inform the police. Since it is a matter of such seriousness, the chances are that you will be arrested within the next twenty-four hours. You will be charged not long after, and upon conviction will receive a sentence of around fifteen years in prison. While in prison, your fellow inmates will be so reviled by the horror of your crime that they will not only isolate you but actively disrupt your happiness and even endanger your welfare.

You will be released within ten years if you are lucky, but on release the world will quickly reveal itself to be another kind of prison as you realise all of the career ambitions you had set your sights on are now barred from you because of your appearance on the sexual offender register.

You make enquiries about the location of the former colleague who you had previously harassed, and learn that for as long as you have been in prison he has been treated in a high-security mental hospital. You visit him, but he does not recognise you; in fact, he doesn't seem conscious of anything at all, sitting motionless for hours on end staring out of a window.

All resentment subsided, you are thankful for what freedoms you still have, and go on your way a happier woman.

won't let me rep you, but I love your post so much:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Reply 16
YOLO it's christmas
Do it, the worst that can happen is he doesn't contact you in which case, his loss :smile:
Good lord, if that's sexual harassment, then the things I did to a much older colleague in the staff kitchen must be indictable offences.

Go for it lass.
If he has a girlfriend he shouldn't be giving you looks, if it's been a while he might be shy too, best idea is to talk to him at this Christmas party and maybe flirt and chat friendly with him and see what happens

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending