The Student Room Group

Geology & Earth Sciences 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danimorais
Oh gosh! The wait is killing me. Where did you apply? I've applied to Liverpool, Leicester, Brighton, Keele and Portsmouth

Manchester, Edge Hill, UCL, Royal Holloway and Leicester too. I already have offers for 3, Manchester and RH have set an interview.
Don't worry, I also did crazily when they didn't send mine, but after it is out- the Uni's reply to you within minutes, and set their conditions within days. For what did you apply in Leicester?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Citipati
Manchester, Edge Hill, UCL, Royal Holloway and Leicester too. I already have offers for 3, Manchester and RH have set an interview.
Don't worry, I also did crazily when they didn't send mine, but after it is out- the Uni's reply to you within minutes, and set their conditions within days. For what did you apply in Leicester?

Hopefully soon then! So scared I'll get a rejection from Liverpool or Leicester. All the best in your interviews btw! I've applied to do Geology at Leicester. How about you?
Hopefully soon then! So scared I'll get a rejection from Liverpool or Leicester. All the best in your interviews btw! I've applied to do Geology at Leicester. How about you?

Bsci Geology with Paleobiology; for rest Geology & Physical Geography; for UCL and Manchester Msci Earth Sciences. I am most eager to do a Msci; as it nicely ties in with my "research" ambition.
Maybe we'll see each other on Geology Deparment Open Day, because I am more than sure Leicester will accept you.
Which aspect of Geology do you want to specialize in?
Original post by elloisepoppy
I do! have you had any more details about the day apart from start and finish time?

No i haven't yet which is worrying me quite a bit as the day is tomorrow. I did see a chat saying the emails have been dispatched and there was a number to call if you haven't got one yet which is what i'm going to today.
Original post by Citipati
Bsci Geology with Paleobiology; for rest Geology & Physical Geography; for UCL and Manchester Msci Earth Sciences. I am most eager to do a Msci; as it nicely ties in with my "research" ambition.
Maybe we'll see each other on Geology Deparment Open Day, because I am more than sure Leicester will accept you.
Which aspect of Geology do you want to specialize in?

I wanted to do an Msci too but my grades aren't good enough. That'll be cool if we do see each other. I don't have a clue at this moment in time, but I'm really interested in volcanoes and seismic waves so maybe something in that area?
Is anyone going to Royal Holloway's applicant visit day tomorrow? :smile:
Original post by Imranfr0
Is anyone going to Royal Holloway's applicant visit day tomorrow? :smile:

Me :smile:
Original post by Beccakatie
Me :smile:

Cool! Hopefully we'll meet!
Has anyone applied to Aberdeen at all :smile:?
Reply 369
I have an Imperial interview next week! Suddenly popped up! Anyone had an interview here that could give me some general tips? Would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by jbrown2
I have an Imperial interview next week! Suddenly popped up! Anyone had an interview here that could give me some general tips? Would be much appreciated :smile:

Wednesday 10th? ill see you there!
Could I ask everyone in general how long it took for you to get your first offer? So anxious! (Sent mine off last Friday)
Reply 372
Original post by Jords13
Wednesday 10th? ill see you there!

Yeah :smile: I got the call abour 4pm yesterday! Bit late notice so i have nothing prepared. What are you doing to prepare?
Reply 373
Could I ask everyone in general how long it took for you to get your first offer? So anxious! (Sent mine off last Friday)

I got one from exeter about 4 days after it had been sent to the universities

Got one after a day, one after two weeks, two after a month.

4 days. :smile:
Got an offer from Imperial (MSci Geology) at A*AA and Bristol (BSci Geology- currently anyway) at AAA.
Does imperial show any flexibility if you don't get the A*AA??
Trust me I thought I messed up my Imperial interview so for anyone with theres coming up soon, DONT WORRY!! :smile:
Reply 377
Original post by RSS_100
Hi guys
I am thinking of applying to the following uni's for geophysics with these entry requirements:

Imperial- A*AA
Leicester- ABB
Liverpool- AAB
Southampton- AAB
UCL- ABB-AAA

I've only been to see UCL and Imperial and was really impressed by Imperial's facilities. UCL's earth science department seemed quite small though. Southampton's facilities seem really good from what I've seen online.

My predictions are A*AB so getting into Imperial is going to be difficult, although it's the best for earth science out of the five. Where's everyone else thinking of applying?

I do believe for Geophysics Imperial have lowered the grades to AAA.
Reply 378
Original post by Tforce
I do believe for Geophysics Imperial have lowered the grades to AAA.

Why'd you say that? Everyone I've seen so far that has a geophysics offer has either A*AA or A*AAA. I believe it USED to be AAA as a minimum but it got increased this summer to include a minimum of one A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jbrown2
Yeah :smile: I got the call abour 4pm yesterday! Bit late notice so i have nothing prepared. What are you doing to prepare?

Yeah. I got told 2 days ago. I'm going to look back at a bit of AS physics. They really want to know how you think rather than what you know though. It wont be too taxing. I'll just make sure i can explain everything on my PS :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending