The Student Room Group

*Extremely Urgent*

This is a repost from another section, but I need help urgently please, if I don't solve this issue on time I will get kicked out of university and I will have to pay atleast 2.000£ in fees.

"Hi guys, first of all sorry for the caps on the title but it's an urgent issue that I need to solve asap! I'm Italian and I've been living in the uk since 2009, I applied for SFE and they told me I have to fill the "UK residency form", the problem is, they want proof that I have been living at my current address for the past 3 years (which I have), but the issue is that:

-Child benefit stopped coming through for me 3 years ago
-Every single bill is on my mothers name
-I have no P60's or any other work related document
-I opened a bank account 1.5 years ago (I have on line banking only)

Also, I did 3 years at college, in 2 different college's, I visited the first one and I asked them to give me a confirmation of my stay there but including my address, the issue is that the letter has a big fat disclaimer that states "This letter must NOT be used for any residency evidence".

I sent the letter today along with the form, I tried ringing my other college and they told me they would ring me back, and they didn't ... I will ring them myself tomorrow.

My question is:

What evidence can I send to get me through this?

Also, why didn't my friend who's polish get a UK residency form and he's been living for 8 years? Doesn't make any sense, I asked SFE whether there was an error, they said no.

I hope someone can help me here.

Thanks."

PS: I phoned SFE again and they told me I can't use GP letter as primary evidence. I'm starting to think whether SFE made an error in sending me a "Uk residency form".

EDIT: College won't issue me a letter because apparently they don't do any background checks on addresses.

SERIOUSLY, I was 18, how am I meant to have p60's,bills and other documents on my name at that age? This is absolutely ridicolous.

I hope someone from SFE can help me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi there.

The best option for someone in your position is to submit any letters or awards from colleges/schools you attended in this period. I would also recommend submitting printed copies of your online statements for the 1.5 years you actually have them for.

It is not unusual for 18 year olds to have bills or records of employment and earnings. We can also accept any DWP or Jobcentre letters you may have been issued if you have every attempted to look for work.

Thanks.
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi there.

The best option for someone in your position is to submit any letters or awards from colleges/schools you attended in this period. I would also recommend submitting printed copies of your online statements for the 1.5 years you actually have them for.

It is not unusual for 18 year olds to have bills or records of employment and earnings. We can also accept any DWP or Jobcentre letters you may have been issued if you have every attempted to look for work.

Thanks.

I will send whatever I have, given your knowledge, do you accept GP letters to confirm residency?

I don't have any Jobcentre letters, I will visit my bank and get the statements printed.
Hi,

We do not accept any general letters from GP, employers, landlords, etc as they can be very easily constructed.

Thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi,

We do not accept any general letters from GP, employers, landlords, etc as they can be very easily constructed.

Thanks.

Right, so this leaves me with no options to finish off my finance and continue my studies, adios uni.

It's not a "general" letter, it's a letter made on request and it will be hand signed.

Bills are easily faked, all documents templates can be found online.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending