The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jaska
Did you get feedback on what you did wrong at interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did, I won't go into huge detail, but essentially it wasn't being prepared for one of the questions; it wasn't being able to develop the answer (though, I would query it, but if that's their answer...)
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp
I did, I won't go into huge detail, but essentially it wasn't being prepared for one of the questions; it wasn't being able to develop the answer (though, I would query it, but if that's their answer...)

O right. Where were your other two interviews if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reviewing all these recent posts does take the sting out of rejection. Have to ask whether you would really want to commit to a programme where the admin and planning for admissions seems to be questionable? There are other med schools who treat all applicants with greater respect and consideration.........

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck :smile:

Hopefully us graduates will start to hear tomorrow?
Don't know if it helps but I got an interview this morning. Wasn't reserve. Home student undergrad A*A*A with 675 ukcat (DA let down my score significantly :frown: ) 7A* 4A at gcse. Maybe there's still more to come because yesterday the guy said to me that interviews were still being handed out till the end of week and that I should hear from them shortly - which I did. Just thought I'd put that out there because I saw people saying no interviews were given out today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maverick07
Don't know if it helps but I got an interview this morning. Wasn't reserve. Home student undergrad A*A*A with 675 ukcat (DA let down my score significantly :frown: ) 7A* 4A at gcse. Maybe there's still more to come because yesterday the guy said to me that interviews were still being handed out till the end of week and that I should hear from them shortly - which I did. Just thought I'd put that out there because I saw people saying no interviews were given out today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you 100% sure because I called up and they said the interviews were all handed out (for school leavers).. Someone else called up and the same was said to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaska
O right. Where were your other two interviews if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

SGUL - they give no feedback, in case you know, you unfairly improve yourself over the year you reapply.

Notts - I thought it was great, but they felt I 'didn't want it enough'. Which is funny, cos I've been working in hospitals for the past 10 years. So, obviously they're full of it.
Original post by Muhaha_6
Are you 100% sure because I called up and they said the interviews were all handed out (for school leavers).. Someone else called up and the same was said to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

100% sure I got the interview? Yep 100% sure haha. I asked yesterday not today and he said interviews are still being given out so idk but 100% sure he said all week. Pretty sure another user was told this same info yesterday too

Posted from TSR Mobile
100% sure I got the interview? Yep 100% sure haha. I asked yesterday not today and he said interviews are still being given out so idk but 100% sure he said all week. Pretty sure another user was told this same info yesterday too

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure that the undergrad interviews are done with and that the graduate ones are being handed out. As I recall, last year, there were about 24 of us, for an afternoon sesh at X o'clock, and then there had been another session earlier on in the day. I vague remember something about it being a very short grad period (1, 2 days?).

I'm hoping to hear from them tomorrow. Or Thursday. Or Friday.
I'm pretty sure that the undergrad interviews are done with and that the graduate ones are being handed out. As I recall, last year, there were about 24 of us, for an afternoon sesh at X o'clock, and then there had been another session earlier on in the day. I vague remember something about it being a very short grad period (1, 2 days?).

I'm hoping to hear from them tomorrow. Or Thursday. Or Friday.

Oh sorry I totally forgot to factor in graduates! That's probably what was meant by all week then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loool oops I should've been clearer but you know what I meant haha:biggrin:
Ahh okay thanks! Congratulations and good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just arrived, anyone else on TSR here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the A* guy
Just arrived, anyone else on TSR here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing yet - are you under or grad?

I'm just wondering what's going on. Lack of communication is really frustrating this year.
Nothing yet - are you under or grad?

I'm just wondering what's going on. Lack of communication is really frustrating this year.

Sorry I should have been more clear, I had arrived at exeter MS for an interview. Not that I had just received an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh. Darn you! It's a nice place, though. I got a tour afterwards last year, by some first years and I did like it.
Guys you know when you called them up to confirm your attendance what number did you call and at what time? Ive called for the past few days and I haven't been able to speak to anyone yet? I also tried emailing but I got an email saying that they have lots of queries so it may take time to go through all of them.
Original post by Sonnywithachance
Guys you know when you called them up to confirm your attendance what number did you call and at what time? Ive called for the past few days and I haven't been able to speak to anyone yet? I also tried emailing but I got an email saying that they have lots of queries so it may take time to go through all of them.

Which email did you send it to? I received a reply in half an hour :s
Original post by Clubba
Which email did you send it to? I received a reply in half an hour :s

The one that they gave on the email they sent us
Original post by Sonnywithachance
The one that they gave on the email they sent us

Oh, that's weird because I received a reply within 30 minutes of confirming my attendance :s
Okay
I got an interview last week for 10th December
I've resat, currently on a gap year.

It's got nothing to do with gcse grades mine were really bad compared to other people on here
1A* 6A rest C's( including English)
A levels
A*A*AB (physics maths chemistry biology)
Ukcat of 712.5

I think the criteria is 2 or more A* predicted/ achieved and they don't really care that much about your Ukcat( hence someone with 607 has got an interview)

Or

1 A* and a really high UKCAT (probs 700 plus)

I think your at an advantage if your a levels are in science and maths.

Anyone disagree/agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply