The Student Room Group

previous aqa a psychology as students

How did you revise for this as exam for unit 1, there are a lot of research to remember and i am interested in how you revised and how effective this was?
Reply 1
Hi I got an A in psychology. 82 and 90 UMS in unit 1 and 2 respectively. The way I revised was by making revision cards for every single study and then memorised them. I wrote a few practice essays and did about 4 past papers per unit. That should be enough to get an A.
Reply 3
Original post by tabmax22
Hi I got an A in psychology. 82 and 90 UMS in unit 1 and 2 respectively. The way I revised was by making revision cards for every single study and then memorised them. I wrote a few practice essays and did about 4 past papers per unit. That should be enough to get an A.

Thank you so much! Did you carry on psychology to A2? I really want to get an A but it seems a mile away for me right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4
Thank you so much! Did you carry on psychology to A2? I really want to get an A but it seems a mile away for me right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm currently doing A2 psychology :smile:
My advice would be to just stay confident about psychology. You've probably realised by now that the whole a level just consists of learning hundreds of studies (of which you'd only use about 6 of in the exam). As long as you know the relevant studies, the exam questions are nice and short except for the 12 mark essays. The best thing is to just memorise them all of by heart which seems like quite a task at first but to be honest it's the only way you can guarantee yourself an A. The memorising aspect seems quite daunting and it certainly was to me. I tried lots of techniques to memorise different studies, but the best one which worked was just writing them all on cards and then having quick fire rounds with them. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest