The Student Room Group

help a sister out, stressing over here

my teacher basically said "whatever you get in this mock exam will be your predicted grade no matter what idc"

i need to be predicted an A and although i have revised, i haven't revised enough and done many practise questions because of coursework in my other subjects. Very stressed out. I don't want to cheat but i kinda need to. If ANYONE can remember any questions that came up for IGCSE HISTORY in the 2014 paper i would be forever indebted to them. or ask anyone who might know!! You remember how much stress yr 11 was and my teacher is so mean so if i get a B (which i probably will) that will be my grade, idk why she's doing this but she's the head of history in my year so anything she says goes. I would really appreciate it if you could remember.

I know a B isn't bad, i just need to be predicted an A to get into my sixth form of choice. help me please :frown:

don't waste your time telling me cheating in mocks is bad blahblah I've never done it before.
Reply 1
That is one strict teacher... :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
r e b e l
Reply 3
Original post by BWV1007
That is one strict teacher... :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr! The thing is i am capable of an A, i have a good work ethic and everything but with all the coursework i have to prioritise because it actually counts toward the gcse, i haven't had time to do real real revision, do you know what i mean?
Reply 4
Original post by Uw0tm8_
r e b e l

LOL, did you do igcse history?
Reply 5
GCSE grade predictions mean absolutely nothing. Chill out.
Reply 6
Original post by ummm

They do, sixth forms ask for them when you apply.
Reply 7
Original post by Hate_skl
LOL, did you do igcse history?

i did history gcse two years ago.. So i wouldn't be of much help.
but seriously, gcse mock grades mean nothing.. You can just go to the sixth form on results day and if you meet the requirements theyll give you the space.
Reply 8
Original post by Uw0tm8_
i did history gcse two years ago.. So i wouldn't be of much help.
but seriously, gcse mock grades mean nothing.. You can just go to the sixth form on results day and if you meet the requirements theyll give you the space.

for the subjects i want to take? what if they're full from students who applied at this time of the year
Reply 9
for the subjects i want to take? what if they're full from students who applied at this time of the year

is it a grammar sixth form? I applied and got a place at my sixth form but my friend didn't get a place and then when she came in on results day she got the place.
a lot of people either dont get the grades or choose other sixth forms on results day You'll be fine. Dont cheat, go and revise now.. You have time
Reply 10
my teacher basically said "whatever you get in this mock exam will be your predicted grade no matter what idc"

i need to be predicted an A and although i have revised, i haven't revised enough and done many practise questions because of coursework in my other subjects. Very stressed out. I don't want to cheat but i kinda need to. If ANYONE can remember any questions that came up for IGCSE HISTORY in the 2014 paper i would be forever indebted to them. or ask anyone who might know!! You remember how much stress yr 11 was and my teacher is so mean so if i get a B (which i probably will) that will be my grade, idk why she's doing this but she's the head of history in my year so anything she says goes. I would really appreciate it if you could remember.

I know a B isn't bad, i just need to be predicted an A to get into my sixth form of choice. help me please :frown:

don't waste your time telling me cheating in mocks is bad blahblah I've never done it before.

if you are looking (like i did last year) for genuine help in your history subject, check out edexcelhistory.com coz many students including myself managed to get A and A+ by using the unique notes. they are not long-winded like most of the study notes you can get for free on the web.
Original post by ummm

The only reason I got into the best college where I live was because I was targetted all As. The same for everyone else from my secondary school. Anyone who was predicted less than 5As didn't get in.

Many colleges look at GCSE targets and give offers purely based on these. It (supposedly) provides a clear indication as to how hard-working the student is and how well they've done in the past.

However, I was told in school that our GCSE targets were based on our SATs. We were allowed to ask our subject teachers and leaders to up our target if we thought it was reasonable. So some people who were targetted Bs asked for their target to be moved up to an A on the grounds that they had been working hard in the subject and thought that an A was a realistic target.

I'm not entirely sure as to whether your teacher can just do that? Make your predictions based on your mocks? Sounds weird to me. Maybe it's just a threat to get you to fret.
Please don't use TSR to try to cheat on your mocks - we don't allow any type of cheating on here. Instead, just revise, work hard and do the exams honestly. That'll produce more satisfying results.

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to close this thread.

Latest