The Student Room Group

confusion regarding UCAS application...help?

Hey guys,

I have recently withdrawn from my previous UCAS application. I however sent a new one soon after.

Will the unis still have access to my previous application even-though I cancelled that one?

Any help would be appreciated.
Original post by Kmohazeb
Hey guys,

I have recently withdrawn from my previous UCAS application. I however sent a new one soon after.

Will the unis still have access to my previous application even-though I cancelled that one?

Any help would be appreciated.

Was the withdrawn application from a previous cycle (ie one where you were holding a deferred offer)? If so then did you enter Extra, Adjustment or Clearing at any point or are you applying to any of your previous choices again?

If the withdrawn application wasn't from a previous cycle then you shouldn't have been able to submit a second application in the same cycle...?
It was in the same cycle because it had not been 14 days yet!

I am applying to the same courses/unis.

Contact UCAS in the morning to explain what has happened and check that it is ok to re-sumbit. Usually even cancelling your application would not allow you to reapply within the same cycle.

Your universities will have received your first application within a day of applying - so yes they would be able to see both if UCAS allow the second application through.

When you call remember to ask for and note down the full name and job title of the person you speak to and what they say. If they say that it is fine ask them to confirm that in writing via email.

If they say that they can't confirm it in writing ask to speak to their manager. Take down their details and keep going until you get written confirmation that your second application will be accepted.
It already has! I'm just confused as to why the unis will have access to my initial application when I cancelled that (withdrew) -_____-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending