The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2220
Original post by welcometoib
ive been wondering about this, say for example you only want ibd, do the securities interviewers ask why s and t? cs have a weird interview policy.

Yeah so basically I want to go into IBD eventually not S&T, I said in the IBD I want to do M&A and all was good, when I went into S&T he didn't explicitly ask what I wanted to do, so I had to just talk about stocks and investments even though I'm not very well clued up on this!
Original post by MathsNerd1
It does quite clearly state to only apply if you're a first year on a 3 year course, or second year on a 4 year course. They're not going to take people who don't fall into those categories unfortunately.

I'm doing a 4 year course with industry - which they accept, I hoped they'd let me slip in
Reply 2222
Original post by ^ForTheDream^
Good job bro. I've done my tests this Sunday. When do you think I should hear from them?

I looked just now and it was basically one month from submitting to doing the telephone interviews, so basically 3 weeks for a response... but obviously you may hear sooner given they are active now ;P
Original post by Mralpha
Anyone here got through to the "2nd round" in RBS? I.e were they invite you to do an online logical reasoning test?
If so, was this test hard? Any practise tips?

Passed my tel. interview and they are on the final round of screening with me. Apparently I will hear in 2 weeks so seems like you are applying quite late? I was told on the phone when I rang to ask how long I would be waiting for that they have telephone interviewed quite a few people. But test was standard.
Original post by MathsNerd1
So, I've just found out today, got in the internship program for Shanghai. Now got a month based in an IB firm over the summer! Might test my luck for a SW in summer for BAML as well

Congrats!! Was this one of the CRCC typed ones?
My year abroad is in Shanghai starting in August (2nd year for me is abroad!) and I am hoping I can do something with HSBC / go to Hong Kong in summer for an internship with an intern I met on some networking thing at RBS... The power of networking!

- I have heard Shanghai is incredible. I am so excited.
Original post by JackR7821
Passed my tel. interview and they are on the final round of screening with me. Apparently I will hear in 2 weeks so seems like you are applying quite late? I was told on the phone when I rang to ask how long I would be waiting for that they have telephone interviewed quite a few people. But test was standard.

Yeah unforunatly I applied a little bit too late to most of the banks. But still got through to the "2nd round" for RBS. No rejections from other firms yet. Think I will take the test tomorrow. If I pass the exam with ease, am I garanteed a telephone intervju or how does it work?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mralpha
Yeah unforunatly I applied a little bit too late to most of the banks. But still got through to the "2nd round" for RBS. No rejections from other firms yet. Think I will take the test tomorrow. If you pass the exam with ease, are you garanteed a telephone intervju or how does it work?

Depends on if they actually screened you before sending you numericals.
Congrats!! Was this one of the CRCC typed ones?
My year abroad is in Shanghai starting in August (2nd year for me is abroad!) and I am hoping I can do something with HSBC / go to Hong Kong in summer for an internship with an intern I met on some networking thing at RBS... The power of networking!

- I have heard Shanghai is incredible. I am so excited.

It wasn't but that looks like a pretty good scheme. That sounds like it'll be such a great experience, hope you enjoy it!
Has anyone had a CS interview yet? I have mine next week and would truly appreciate some guidance. Thank you!
Depends on if they actually screened you before sending you numericals.

Valid point. But I recieved the email after quite a while and a friend, who applied at approx the same time as me, didnt recieve the email. So perhaps they have screened me, but then again you never know
Original post by welcometoib
was told the same, from mid December onwards.

Could you specify what this would mean, (Goldman Sachs). As in, they start reviewing all apps then?
Original post by IB Fanboy
Could you specify what this would mean, (Goldman Sachs). As in, they start reviewing all apps then?

not all, but those which have been submitted, I dont really remember
Anyone applied to BNP paribas? my last one? Any point? Thanks!
Original post by leej11
I looked just now and it was basically one month from submitting to doing the telephone interviews, so basically 3 weeks for a response... but obviously you may hear sooner given they are active now ;P

Thanks bro! I hope so...

Original post by IBImperial
Has anyone had a CS interview yet? I have mine next week and would truly appreciate some guidance. Thank you!

I've asked another guy who did a phone interview with CS, but I'll have to ask you as well. When did you send your application?
Original post by ^ForTheDream^
Thanks bro! I hope so...

I've asked another guy who did a phone interview with CS, but I'll have to ask you as well. When did you send your application?

Submitted it on the 31st of October. Received the invite for an interview on the 1st of December.
Anyone here who first got rejected by Citi (Scope program), and then, somehow, got through to their 2nd round?
Original post by Mralpha
Anyone here who first got rejected by Citi (Scope program), and then, somehow, got through to their 2nd round?

you got email that you passed the numerical? when did you do it and when did you get the email you passed? what are the citi scope rounds?
Original post by siddyt1234
Anyone applied to BNP paribas? my last one? Any point? Thanks!

Yeah. Standard app process as you may know. Not heard back yet and not taken numericals. I reckon they are still screening grads / are just getting round to SWs although I only applied a week or two ago. Good luck if you send one off!
Yeah. Standard app process as you may know. Not heard back yet and not taken numericals. I reckon they are still screening grads / are just getting round to SWs although I only applied a week or two ago. Good luck if you send one off!

As far as I understand, BNP Paribas (for the spring at least) don't hire on a rolling basis and their deadline is around 26th January. Also, they don't test for Spring and apparently don't interview (according to the Warwick 2013/14 PDF that someone supplied a couple of pages ago).
Original post by PeterMcQuaid
As far as I understand, BNP Paribas (for the spring at least) don't hire on a rolling basis and their deadline is around 26th January. Also, they don't test for Spring and apparently don't interview (according to the Warwick 2013/14 PDF that someone supplied a couple of pages ago).

So is it just a screen and accept/decline. Albeit they don't fast track I heard.